[Health Care] Has Obama Sold Out Already?

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not Obama. It's those sell-out Republicans masquerading as Democrats and Independents. The only person I despise more than that Jew fuck Lieberman is Dick "the AntiChrist" Cheney. :mad:

RBGrider

Star
Registered
When the discussion of health care begins not only without single payer but without a real public option....what do you think?

The white house is bought and paid for Ahk. These people are not stupid enough to create a system of power that would allow a few mindless muh fuckas to pull a lever and walk away with they shit.:smh: If we want POWER it's going to take a little more effort and thought then that.

That was an excellent video by the way Ruff Ryder...

Last edited:

nittie

Star
Registered
Look at the people he's surrounded by. They have a history of not giving a fuck about anyone but themselves. They wouldn't know how to do the right thing if their lives depended on it.

Lamarr

Star
Registered
Dean says kill the Senate health bill:

By Sahil Kapur:

WASHINGTON -- Following the jettisoning of both the public option and the Medicare buy-in provision, one of the nation's leading progressive voices on health care reportedly said Tuesday that the Senate bill is no longer worth supporting.

"This is essentially the collapse of health care reform in the United States Senate," former Gov. Howard Dean told political reporter Bob Kinzel of Vermont Public Radio. Kinzel relayed the news to The Plum Line's Greg Sargent, and the full VPR interview will air at 5:50 pm today.

"Honestly the best thing to do right now is kill the Senate bill, go back to the House, start the reconciliation process, where you only need 51 votes and it would be a much simpler bill," he said.

Dean has been an outspoken champion of the public insurance option, describing it as the central component of the legislation. A health care bill without it, he has said, is not worth supporting.

Dean lifted the spirits of dismayed progressives after the public option was compromised in favor of the Medicare buy-in provision. He said last Wednesday that it was a "positive step forward," and that expanding existing government-run insurance programs can achieve the same goals of lowering premiums and extending coverage.

But now that the Medicare compromise has also been scrapped, Dean no longer thinks the bill will meet these goals. According to him, it's time for Democrats to pull the plug and start over using the parliamentary procedure known as reconciliation, through which a bill can be passed with a 51-vote majority.

While some progressives agree with Dean, others say the bill still improves the current system.

"The public option and its compromised iterations were a battle that came to seem like a war," Washington Post's Ezra Klein wrote on Wednesday. "But they weren't the war. The bill itself was."

"On its own terms, the bill is the most important social policy achievement since the Great Society. It will save a lot of lives and prevent a lot of suffering," he added.

"Political change isn't easy," wrote Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo. "It includes tons of reverses and inevitably involves not getting a lot of what you wanted, at least not at first... People don't agree on things. That's life. But that's different from cashing out of the process if you don't get just what you want."

"I understand that most of the liberal skepticism over the Senate bill is well intentioned," Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight wrote on Wednesday. "But it has become way, way off the mark."

Dean's declaration comes on the same day that President Obama gave a speech signaling that positive health reform will pass. Obama warned that inaction will create many more problems. "If we don't get this done, your premiums are guaranteed to go up," he said.

http://rawstory.com/2009/12/howard-dean-kill-senate-health-bill-start-reconciliation/

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The Republican and Democratic parties are right now mirror images of each other. Well, almost. Of course, they're not. But, maybe they are.

The Republican Party is right now torn between its center or moderate wing and its right or conservative wing, i.e., recently, the moderate Republican nominee for a vacant New York U.S. House seat unexpectedly withdrew from the race bowing to a revolt led by conservative activists that badly split the national GOP leadership.

On the other side of the aisle, po-azz democrats can't seem to bring their diverse elements under one tent, either. Blue Dogs can't afford to concede too much left (because of the make-up of their districts) and the left (who can't count worth shit) sees only "Democrats" but seem oblivious to district dynamics. The result, Democrats shoot themselves.

Republicans can't afford to allow the Democrats to pull off health care, unless its some form of healthcare first advocated by Republicans; and the Democrats can't concede to less than their ideal plan, lest they risk (i their minds) losing in the 2010 midterm elections.

Who is willing to save a world that is destined to die ???
Who is willing to try ???

QueEx

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor
cons-in-con-gress.jpg

The majority, in fact the vast majority of the U.S. Senate are corporate whores. They should wear jumpsuits emblazoned with their paymasters’ logos like NASCAR race drivers. As I posted on
11-20-2009 → Obama's Health Care Endgame- Corporatist Win
<blockquote>
“Barack Obama’s white house <i>(following Rahm Emanuel’s kiss corporate ass strategy) </i> caved in to the “health care mafia” from day one, hoping to extract some concessions down the road. It was the wrong strategy which dramatically decreased any leverage they might have had in the end game”</blockquote>
The Health Care Mafia’s U.S. Senate whores have delivered $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. 35-40 million new LEGALLY MANDATED customers. The Corporatists Win the People Lose.
“WE WIN” the Health Care Mafia Insider writes…. "Administered by private insurance companies…. No government funding. No government insurance competitor. WE WIN”
<blockquote>
“…Congressional Democrats, eager to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, have back pedaled on health care until any bill with a chance of passing will be another resounding victory for health care lobbyists. And to think, the health care industry had actually worried that a health care bill, coming from a democratic majority in Congress, might impact their outrageous profits. Obama has clearly demonstrated, in a years time, his inability to lead. The health care industry can hardly believe its good fortune, as the closer the democratic House and Senate come to passing some kind of health care legislation, the more profit the private health care industry stands to gain..”.</blockquote>
READ the entire article the quote above is from → http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/25465

o-cave.JPG

Lamarr

Star
Registered
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fqUZWEDnUS4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fqUZWEDnUS4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Honestly, i think the Obama admin should kill the whole Bill and start from scratch.
This really isnt Obama Health Care Plan to begin with. But if this Bill gets passed, which it looks like it will, and when it fails, which it more than likely will in the future...Obama wil get blamed for it all.

He shouldve took on battles that he couldnt win.
...and that includes running for President of a country that lacks integrity.

Dmain_Event

Star
Registered
LOL...
You niggas are fucking clueless.
You will never get it and will always be begging for a fucking handout.

GentlemanJack

Rising Star
OG Investor
Its still not a fail if insurance companies are REQUIRED to insure everyone. And everybody wants something for free. That shit gonna cost some money.

nittie

Star
Registered
Master morality
Nietzsche defined master morality as the morality of the strong-willed. Nietzsche criticizes the view, which he identifies with contemporary British psychologist, that good is everything that is helpful; what is bad is what is harmful. He argues that this view has forgotten the origins of the values, and thus it calls what is useful good on the grounds of habitualness - what is useful has always been defined as good, therefore usefulness is goodness as a value. He continues explaining, that in the prehistoric state, "the value or non-value of an action was derived from its consequences"[1] but ultimately, "There are no moral phenomena at all, only moral interpretations of phenomena."[2] For these strong-willed men, the 'good' is the noble, strong and powerful, while the 'bad' is the weak, cowardly, timid and petty. The essence of master morality is nobility. Morality is designed to protect that which the strong-willed man values, and for slave and master, "Fear is the mother of morality."[3] Other qualities that are often valued in master moralities are open-mindedness, courage, truthfulness, trust and an accurate sense of self-worth. Master morality begins in the 'noble man' with a spontaneous idea of the good, then the idea of bad develops as what is not good. "The noble type of man experiences itself as determining values; it does not need approval; it judges, 'what is harmful to me is harmful in itself'; it knows itself to be that which first accords honour to things; it is value-creating."[4] In this sense, the master morality is the full recognition that oneself is the measure of all things. Insomuch as something is helpful to the strong-willed man it is like what he values in himself; therefore, the strong-willed man values such things as 'good'. Masters are creators of morality; slaves respond to master-morality with their slave-morality.

Slave morality
Unlike master morality which is sentiment, slave morality is literally re-sentiment--revaluing that which the master values. This strays from the valuation of actions based on consequences to the valuation of actions based on "intention".[5] As master morality originates in the strong, slave morality originates in the weak. Because slave morality is a reaction to oppression, it villainizes its oppressors. Slave morality is the inverse of master morality. As such, it is characterized by pessimism and skepticism. Slave morality is created in opposition to what master morality values as 'good'. Slave morality does not aim at exerting one's will by strength but by careful subversion. It does not seek to transcend the masters, but to make them slaves as well. The essence of slave morality is utility[6]: the good is what is most useful for the whole community, not the strong. Nietzsche saw this as a contradiction, "And how could there exist a 'common good'! The expression is a self-contradiction: what can be common has ever been but little value. In the end it must be as it has always been: great things are for the great, abysses for the profound, shudders and delicacies, for the refined, and, in sum, all rare things for the rare."[7] Since the powerful are few in number compared to the masses of the weak, the weak gain power by corrupting the strong into believing that the causes of slavery (viz., the will to power) are 'evil', as are the qualities they originally could not choose because of their weakness. By saying humility is voluntary, slave morality avoids admitting that their humility was in the beginning forced upon them by a master. Biblical principles of turning the other cheek, humility, charity, and pity are the result of universalizing the plight of the slave onto all humankind, and thus enslaving the masters as well. "The democratic movement is the heir to Christianity."[8]--the political manifestation of slave morality because of its obsession with freedom and equality.

When the working class believes that the institutions of this country and the people who operate them somehow have a right to goods and services that the average American does not have or that the average American is looking for a handout when he demands equality is the ultimate slave mentality and it keeps the status quo in power.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
In Russia after the collapse, they had an all private system for healthcare, and it failed. The insurance companies just passed the cost on instead of holding rates down.

If you don't have 60 votes, than you will have to compromise. They should have put some stuff to get some Republicans on board, tort reform and intra-state competiton.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Why are they using polls to determine the popularity of healthcare reform? It like polling slave owners in the South about emancipation. Most people don't have to pay out of pocket and the insurance companies don't fuck with them if there employer is big enough account.

Republicans (Reagan) made a smart move when they passed a federal law, requiring emergency rooms to take patients. If we had people dying in hospitals, there would be single payer

Why doesn't the bill get rid of the monopoly exemption?
How does buying in to Medicare or Public Option raise the deficit, you are paying for it...

Last edited:

Cruise

Star
Registered
It's just weird that Obama would stake his Presidency on such a weird issue.

He certainly didn't run on healthcare, and it seemed like he was going to leave it to Hillary.

War and the economy were the two big themes.

Why it became so imperative for him to take up this cause, so early in his administration, is just baffling.

All it is going to do is coalesce the opposition against him for the next 4 years around this legislation.

It just makes me think Obama has no intention of getting a 2nd term.

His attitude is, "I'm President. That's all I needed to do. No matter what happens, you can't take that away from me. I'm set for life."

It's like he's just glad to be President, forget about trying to do a good job or carrying out any policy objectives of his own.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

He certainly didn't run on healthcare, and it seemed like he was going to leave it to Hillary.

War and the economy were the two big themes.

Why it became so imperative for him to take up this cause, so early in his administration, is just baffling.

All it is going to do is coalesce the opposition against him for the next 4 years around this legislation.

It just makes me think Obama has no intention of getting a 2nd term.

His attitude is, "I'm President. That's all I needed to do. No matter what happens, you can't take that away from me. I'm set for life."

It's like he's just glad to be President, forget about trying to do a good job or carrying out any policy objectives of his own.
<font size="3">
No. I think those are ALL your thoughts. Any right thinking person should know by now that there is no decision that Barack Obama could make, no poisition that Barack Obama could hold, and no thought that Barack Obama could think -- that would be satisfactory, to you.

Why do you even go through with this pretention ? ? ?

QueEx

</font size>

Cruise

Star
Registered
<font size="3">
No. I think those are ALL your thoughts. Any right thinking person should know by now that there is no decision that Barack Obama could make, no poisition that Barack Obama could hold, and no thought that Barack Obama could think -- that would be satisfactory, to you.

Why do you even go through with this pretention ? ? ?

QueEx

</font size>

There are many ways Obama would appear impressive.

I know my position is anti-Obama, but it is also anti-Bush.

Yet, I recognized the force with which Bush executed his policy goals. He had a sense of purpose and direction that just seems missing with Obama.

With 9/11, Bush had a mandate and got the Patriot Act passed and got the whole country behind him.

With the global economic collapse, Obama has his own supporters turning on him, and is fighting just to get this health care bill passed.

When Bush passed the Patriot Act, many felt they would be safer.

I doubt once this healthcare bill passes, people will feel they will be healthier.

I just don't get why healthcare is such a priority when you have the whole country fixated on the war, the banks and the economy?

It seems to me he has no clear idea what his Presidency should be about (war, economy, energy, healthcare).

But, you know I've always felt he was too inexperienced to be President, anyway. Healthcare just may be a manifestation of that.

Carter - energy & environment
Reagan - military & foreign policy
Bush Sr. - war & banks
Clinton - economy
Bush - war & security
Obama - war? economy? banks? healthcare? energy? environment?
security?

Lamarr

Star
Registered

In a nutshell, it's all about Control. Over the past 20 yrs, our politicians have destroyed the productive capacity of this nation through laws & regulations. Now they are continuing the assault on the Bill of Rights in small increments (health care, 4th amendment, 2nd etc). This movement has its origins in a power much greater than Obama. But I'm sure you already know this

nittie

Star
Registered
Power is a measure of an entity's ability to control the environment around itself, including the behavior of other entities. The term authority is often used for power, perceived as legitimate by the social structure. Power can be seen as evil or unjust, but the exercise of power is accepted as endemic to humans as social beings. Often, the study of power in a society is referred to as politics.

The use of power need not involve coercion (force or the threat of force). At one extreme, it more closely resembles what everyday English-speakers call "influence".

We have the power to change things even though politicians have done everything they can to blur it. The question is 'are you scared' our answer should be 'hell nah lets play this game baby'.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
There are many ways Obama would appear impressive.

I know my position is anti-Obama, but it is also anti-Bush.

Yet, I recognized the force with which Bush executed his policy goals. He had a sense of purpose and direction that just seems missing with Obama.

With 9/11, Bush had a mandate and got the Patriot Act passed and got the whole country behind him.

With the global economic collapse, Obama has his own supporters turning on him, and is fighting just to get this health care bill passed.

When Bush passed the Patriot Act, many felt they would be safer.

I doubt once this healthcare bill passes, people will feel they will be healthier.

I just don't get why healthcare is such a priority when you have the whole country fixated on the war, the banks and the economy?

It seems to me he has no clear idea what his Presidency should be about (war, economy, energy, healthcare).

But, you know I've always felt he was too inexperienced to be President, anyway. Healthcare just may be a manifestation of that.

Carter - energy & environment
Reagan - military & foreign policy
Bush Sr. - war & banks
Clinton - economy
Bush - war & security
Obama - war? economy? banks? healthcare? energy? environment?
security?
Cruise, you just made my every point. YOU don't like his agenda so YOU simply conclude that its not worthy. Each of the issues in bold were inherited by this President.

• Obama didn't start either Iraq or Afghanistan, but he does have to manage them down in a responsible manner.

• No one could question that he wasn't handed a "non-economy";

• no one could question that we are in serious need for alternative energy;

• no one can deny that the ice is declining, though the reason may be the subject of debate; and

• Finally, if you pay for health insurance (I do, for my family and every person employed by my firm), even a pre-schooler knows the cost of same is rapidly making it unaffordable -- all while state and local governments are paying through the nose to treat those who don't have insurance or can't otherwise afford it, through expensive emergency room care. As I know that you know, the payments made by state and local government come from none other than, OUR pockets.

In reality, it would be great if Mr. Obama could just pick one issue to concentrate and shine on. It would be even greater if we are being faced with ONLY one issue. Of the issues you listed, I don't see how we can leave one, off the list. Do you ? ? ?

Now, what I find really amazing about you is your ability to hate Mr. Obama while joining, or at least tacitly co-signing, the arguments of those whose sole purpose it seems is to ensure Mr. Obama's ride is a failure. If I read your pro-black ideology correctly, you would otherwise be up in arms against those same interest, except for now, their racial rhetoric happens to suit your anti-Obama purpose.

Really Sad.

QueEx

Cruise

Star
Registered
Cruise, you just made my every point. YOU don't like his agenda so YOU simply conclude that its not worthy. Each of the issues in bold were inherited by this President.

Close. I don't know what his agenda is.

From the last 2-term Democratic President, "It's the economy, stupid."

Why is healthcare such a priority with double-digit unemployment, foreclosures everywhere, inflation increasing, and credit disappearing?

What good is health insurance if you don't have the job to pay for it?

In reality, it would be great if Mr. Obama could just pick one issue to concentrate and shine on. It would be even greater if we are being faced with ONLY one issue. Of the issues you listed, I don't see how we can leave one, off the list. Do you ? ? ?

Everything is important, but it is the skilled political mind that can prioritize and determine what is most important. He then marshals his political capital to achieve the best possible result.

Obama, because he has never been tested politically, is not savvy enough to have developed these critical skills.

Do you really think this jack-of-all-trades approach is going to work?

Now, what I find really amazing about you is your ability to hate Mr. Obama while joining, or at least tacitly co-signing, the arguments of those whose sole purpose it seems is to ensure Mr. Obama's ride is a failure. If I read your pro-black ideology correctly, you would otherwise be up in arms against those same interest, except for now, their racial rhetoric happens to suit your anti-Obama purpose.

Really Sad.

QueEx

My opinion is Obama is a threat to the freedom and interests of slave descendants. So, the tea bagger, birther, Fox News/Rush Limbaugh-crowd and other right-wing movements are useful, for these purposes.

Another reason Obama bugs me is what he represents. He is a morale-booster and this country needs a strategist in office, not to feel good. Unfortunately, none of the 2008 Presidential candidates was a strategist (a morale guy - Obama, 2 bureaucrats - Clinton/McCain, and a party girl - Palin, what a choice).

Ever since Nixon, this country has avoided strategist-type Presidents. They love fun guys ("W", Obama, Reagan, Clinton).

I dislike Obama mostly because he is a false hope. He lied to those who truly believed he would be a change from Bush.

Obama is not skilled enough to get away with that level of deception. He will pay for it in the next election. But, really, I don't think he cares. He got what he wanted. Anything more is gravy.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
The government gets to tax the insurance profits at 35% and can use that money to subsidize coverage. With the public option, the government doesn't get any tax revenue since it is non-profit.

I guess having the public option or medicare buy in doesn't matter, the administrative costs of the insurance companies will decrease significantly since they can't cherry pick customers. Plus 30 million people can use primary care instead of emergency rooms.

Hospitals reimbursement rates should drop also since their uncompensated care costs will drop significantly.

:dance::dance:

Cruise

Star
Registered
As I read more into this, it's dawning on me that the point of this healthcare rush is to ration care.

The time is rapidly approaching where there is going to be a crisis of care in this country.

The baby boomers are going to be using care right at the time when national income will be dropping like a rock.

To mitigate this, the government is panicked to do something now. Unfortunately, it won't be enough.

Black markets are going to develop and many will die because the health care they expected just isn't available given their ability to pay under govcare.

It's going to be a bad time to be sick.

Millions of productive citizens will opt out, voluntarily or involuntarily. Millions of small business owners will get tired of paying taxes so thousands of Federal bureaucrats can "earn" $170,000 a year (and pile up benefits the private sector can only dream about) and make sure Goldman Sachs employees (the "doing God's work" CEO is only worth $250 million, poor guy) can divvy up $16 billion in ill-gotten gains.The young will be tired of fighting wars for no benefit and the healthy won't cater to the sick. 2010 will be a wild ride!

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
You don't make shit working for the federal government compared to the top salaries of the private sector. Nobody is making millions of dollars in the federal government or the state unless they are the football coach.

Right-wing propaganda to make it seem the government is getting bigger and wealthier.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Nobody is making millions of dollars in the federal government or the state unless they are the football coach.

of course they dont.
Even Obama doesnt make much being the President. A lot, but not all of the folks in the government make most of their money off side deals....i.e. deals that you do and sometimes dont know about. Unlike us...a lot of them arent really pressured to disclose their incomes....which is one of the reason why a lot of them get away without paying their taxes.

The Mayor of my city is infamous for doing side deals with corporations...thats why he's been the Mayor for so long....:smh: