For My Grillmasters out there...

CobraKai

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Our resident Coon started a thread on this but It deserves a real thread minus his antics...
m40317_instant-vacuum-meat-marinator-ou-100853-p.jpg

My girl bout me one last year from Costco. Have used it quite a bit and it's the real deal. 15 minutes is a bit of a stretch but it does turn a recipe calling for an overnight marinade into a 1.5 to 2 hour process. Great for last minute meals or a juicy chicken breast for dinner.

http://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/Vacuum-Sealed-Meat-Marinator/100853

Any other suggestions for the Fam?

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
I'd never buy anything from sharperimage, not to knock you but people that grill would keep it simple.

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Our resident Coon started a thread on this but It deserves a real thread minus his antics...
m40317_instant-vacuum-meat-marinator-ou-100853-p.jpg

My girl bout me one last year from Costco. Have used it quite a bit and it's the real deal. 15 minutes is a bit of a stretch but it does turn a recipe calling for an overnight marinade into a 1.5 to 2 hour process. Great for last minute meals or a juicy chicken breast for dinner.

http://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/Vacuum-Sealed-Meat-Marinator/100853

Any other suggestions for the Fam?

OP, I appreciate how you took the time to give us more details about the product, but I'll stick to the old marination method(s) that work for years.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
I'd never buy anything from sharperimage, not to knock you but people that grill would keep it simple.
while i agree, something to save a nigga time on marinading would be a welcome addition to my grilling arsenal.

y u don't fuck w/sharper image? is their shit crap? i never fucked w/them b4 so stop me if their stuff is ass.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
OP, I appreciate how you took the time to give us more details about the product, but I'll stick to the old marination method(s) that work for years.

plus if that thing breaks i'll be so mad at myself for not keepin it simple.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
while i agree, something to save a nigga time on marinading would be a welcome addition to my grilling arsenal.

y u don't fuck w/sharper image? is their shit crap? i never fucked w/them b4 so stop me if their stuff is ass.

i just dont trust them, a zip lock bag will always do good.
i always have time before i grill never just do it out the blue.

CobraKai

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I hear ya...Never shopped there myself. Just used the same pic the Coon used. Like I said, Mine came from Costco. I see a few on Amazon too. The key is that it creates a vacuum around the food so the Marinade works a lot quicker.
I agree though, there is No substitute for time. But You can't always plan 24 hours ahead ya know. For those times, this works well. This is a rosemary marinade I did for a ribeye in less than an hour...Came out awesome.
2aiqayr.jpg

plus if that thing breaks i'll be so mad at myself for not keepin it simple.

Nothing to break, It's not powered or anything. It's a sealed tupperware like bowl with a second pump thingy that sucks the air out. Very simple.

Last edited:

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
I hear ya...Never shopped there myself. Just used the same pic the Coon used. Like I said, Mine came from Costco. I see a few on Amazon too. The key is that it creates a vacuum around the food so the Marinade works a lot quicker.
I agree though, there is No substitute for time. But You can't always plan 24 hours ahead ya know. For those times, this works well.

Nothing to break, It's not powered or anything. It's a sealed tupperware like bowl with a second pump thingy that sucks the air out. Very simple.

can the pump break?

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
From the description of the item, it definitely has it use for everyday cooking and quick marination to get the meat tender.

I might look into one, but for my regular grilling, old method is still the best way with preparation ahead of time.

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thanks for starting an adult thread. What's this thing cost? And what do you grill on? I became a green egg person this year and I'm wondering if any of the fam had any opinions about it.

CobraKai

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks for starting an adult thread. What's this thing cost? And what do you grill on? I became a green egg person this year and I'm wondering if any of the fam had any opinions about it.

My girl bout it for me so not sure what Costco was getting for it but looking at Amazon and other spots, around $40. I grill Indoor and outdoor. This comes in handy for those late night Indoor grill sessions. A Chicken breast, A tough piece of sirloin...Like others have mentioned, It doesn't replace an overnight session but It has it's purpose.

H.A.N

Banned
CobraKai you have no respect. Only online will you call me out my name like the typical cac. I call you all to a higher standard of manhood and you hate me for trying to help you become a better man.

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man, where is HNIC these days? It's getting impossible for grown folks to have a thread around here. We need age verification or an IQ test or some shit.

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Alright. I just finished smoking a a 15 pound pork shoulder for 31 hours on the green egg. While it was smoking I saw 2 school plays, the ncaa tourney and played 18 holes of golf (ignorant Negroes stay out while grown folks talk). Point is that cooking bomb ass bbq on that thing primarily requires that you find something else to do so you don't fuck it up. Check it out Bruhs.

Thrill3Seeker

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I copped a Medium Big Green Egg on 03/31/12....

Since then;

A 13 lb turkey, a 15 lb brisket, a beer can chicken, cedar planked Salmon, corn, a pack of beef polish sausage, chicken leg quarters, wings, breast, and a whole tri-tip roast have graced the rack of the egg.

My observations:

1. This grill is worth every penny. I'll make PLENTY of money selling smoked turkeys in the winter and barbecue in the summer to pay for it. I came across a decent deal and got some of the MUCH NEEDED accessories like the plate setter, the grill extender rack, and the cast iron grate.

2. If you don't have grilling skills, this grill will help you out.....but not much. You still have to know temp control, cook times, cook temps, airflow, and not be tempted to routinely open the grill to check the meat.

3. I cooked a 12lb turkey at 400 degrees w/ a little bit of apple smoke wood, and that thing was compelety done in a little over an hour. Very juicy.....not dry at all...not even the wing. Also, I literally used 2 handfuls of hardword charcoal.

Thrill3Seeker

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
4. The Brisket took exactly 12 hours to cook (would've taken 14 on my chargriller smoker). I wish I would have put more wood in w/ the brisket to make it smokier, but it was very tender and juicy. I had a lot of charcoal left over after that overnight cook.

5. The beer can chicken was so good that my homies DEMOLISHED the bird before I could even get it off the rack. All that was left was a carcass and a can of miller lite. SMH......

6. I'm glad I didn't get the large. Between the faster cook times, and the space that's on the medium, it works out well for me and my situation. Plus, if I'm feeding a BUNCH of folks, I'll break out my bigger grill, and then do a little bit of personal meat for myself.

7. If you get one, READ THE DIRECTIONS. I've seen where plenty of people have lit the grill like it's a little Weber or something and then that mufucka jumps up to 800+ degrees, kills the thermometer, and fks up the gasket around the lid. Ease into it at first until you get the hang of it.

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
An overnight marinade would be better anyways since it would break down some of da fibers in your proteins thus makin' 'em more tender and infusing it w/flavor at da same time. Da only way I would see da use for that contraption is if you're pressed for time & I doubt that would be da case when it comes to grilling.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
An overnight marinade would be better anyways since it would break down some of da fibers in your proteins thus makin' 'em more tender and infusing it w/flavor at da same time. Da only way I would see da use for that contraption is if you're pressed for time & I doubt that would be da case when it comes to grilling.

this and that^^^^

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
I know it's not always possible but buying better quality and cuts of meats eliminates the need for marinades.