Dwight Howard will never be better than Shaq

Kazoo

Star
Registered
You cant fairly compare the 2 - Shaq was bigger and stronger than anybody he went up against

give Dwight time & lets see where he ends up

Oizbak

Support BGOL
Registered
So you're telling me Garnett is better in the (offensive) post than Howard?? MAYBE if he's playing the 3 and is being guarded by 6'6" opponents, but not against any average sized 4 or 5 is this guy playing with his back to the basket, no way.

Yes I am Howard has no post moves the statement was he has better post moves than Garnett which is certainly not true Dwight Howards post move's are this Run to the front of the basket in transition not a post move let's see he has the put back dunk and the just run over you none of these are actual moves where as Garnett actually has post moves due to his 12 seasons with Kevin mcHale that was a poorly though out statement

smokimoki187

Potential Star
Registered
All yall pussy ass punk as niggas are all yall Laker fans. Dwight is a beast he sent Lebron home! Now respect him & that is why is atrracting double teams from the lakers.

He has work too do in the offseason on his post game, but never count that Thoroughbred out.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry::angry:

DWIGHT_HOWARD1.jpg

Last edited:

kingzee

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
This dude need work yall. He puts the ball at his knees everytime he touch it. I dont how many times i have seen him tied up by guards in this series for dropping the ball 2 low on catches. He also should of put Kobe 2 the floor or did something in response when Kobe started throwing elbows after he just ripped the ball from him. He aint got IT yet may never get it.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
I dont how many times i have seen him tied up by guards in this series for dropping the ball 2 low on catches. he just ripped the ball from him. He aint got IT yet may never get it.

i've said it before.

WEAK hands.

cats like shaquille o'neal were so strong WITH the ball that they'd carry you up to the rim WITH them.

dwight howard getting ripped and losing the ball by EVERYBODY.

as incredible as 9 blocked shots in G4 is, 7 TOs is equally disgusting.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
This dude need work yall. He puts the ball at his knees everytime he touch it. I dont how many times i have seen him tied up by guards in this series for dropping the ball 2 low on catches.

All part of an education that he would've gotten had he gone to college. Also for a 7' man, he has smallish hands (that's why they aren't that good).

tp2001

Star
Registered
i've said it before.

WEAK hands.

cats like shaquille o'neal were so strong WITH the ball that they'd carry you up to the rim WITH them.

dwight howard getting ripped and losing the ball by EVERYBODY.

exactly...Howard trying to do the same thing Shaq did...but doesn't have enough power to do that yet...

You know how many "and 1s" shaq got while taking the ball up for a dunk/layup? That was almost automatic...

And even if he didn't get the ball near the rim, at times Shaq would still have the ball high up for a lay-in off the backboard. Howard just doesn't have the offensive awareness yet.

Brother Blues

Deceased - Nov. 4, 2015
BGOL Legend
I guess last night answered,or underlined everything you need to know about Dwight Howard....

At the game's highest level,on it's biggest stage...he remains a work in progress,and at this moment is a confused young man.
And in the clutch...he failed.He shoots 65% from the line...as did Bill Russell,difference was,Russell shot a good 65%,meaning he made his in the clutch,unlike Dwight.

So,to the original question...no,he will never be better,or as good as Shaq.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All part of an education that he would've gotten had he gone to college. Also for a 7' man, he has smallish hands (that's why they aren't that good).

7 footer? Howard was only 6-9 in highschool... Probably 6-10 now.

But that man's game on O is atrocious. I've never seen a big man as "swole" as him play as weak as him. He even let Jordan Farmar tie him up. :smh:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Even with a couple of those TOs being offensive fouls, he picked up a couple of 3-second calls.

Even when Howard seals his man and gets the rock, he takes SO LONG to make his move by the time he does the defense has collapsed around him and he makes a bad decision.

Not good for a post player that is so weak with the ball

TREY-GA

Star
Registered
...Give Howard another year or 2 and he'll be a 25/20 player.....25 points, 20 rebounds a night...he has more upside than any big man in the game....for all of those calling him soft, its Turkulo and Lewis who were tissue paper soft all series...Howard was battling Gasol, Bynum, Odom and Kobe on every play ALONE.

SloPoke

Star
Registered
Howard is a BEAST..................

when no one is around. He poses no offensive threat if someone is on him, and as far as age is concerned......he's a big man, and has had enough time in the league to know his offensive & defensive variables. He should have been a monster in the paint instead of doing finger rolls from under the basket.