Did you know the word "booty" actually refereed to slaves??

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So along with n*gg*er and other terms, you can feel proud to degrade each other though ghetto language.

source: Huffington Post

"Whereas "booty" once referred to slaves, it is now assigned a new meaning in American pop culture, proliferated beyond the black community by Sir Mix-a-Lot's 1992 anthem "Baby Got Back", and it's unforgettable opening line "I like big butts and I cannot lie," as well as the 2001 international hit single "Bootylicious" by black girl-group Destiny's Child."

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The point is you stated the post that the word actually referred to slaves and I showed you that it was used in another way that was not related to slaves. It is not that hard to understand.

The word coon is used in multiple ways. Does that lessen the impact of using coon?

Booty was not used to refer to a women's ass until relatively recently and overwhelmingly by Black men about Black women's ass.

Booty is a commodity, property. Slaves were property

If you can't make the connection, you must approve of using n*gg*er as term of endearment.

Did you click the source?

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
The word coon is used in multiple ways. Does that lessen the impact of using coon?

Booty was not used to refer to a women's ass until relatively recently and overwhelmingly by Black men about Black women's ass.

If you can't make the connection, you must approve of using n*gg*er as term of endearment.

Language is a living, breathing, evolving thing. It makes no sense to me to obsess over word meanings from the past that clearly don't have the same meaning in the present tense.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Language is a living, breathing, evolving thing. It makes no sense to me to obsess over word meanings from the past that clearly don't have the same meaning in the present tense.

Words don' evolve out of a vacuum, nor is their etymology accidential.

Z MONSTER

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Definition of BOOTY
: plunder taken (as in war); especially : plunder taken on land as distinguished from prizes taken at sea
: a rich gain or prize
Origin of BOOTY
modification of Middle French butin, from Middle Low German būte exchange
First Known Use: 15th century

Definition of BOOTY
slang
: buttocks
Variants of BOOTY
booty also boo·tie
Origin of BOOTY
alteration of an English-based creole word, ultimately from Early Mod English *bottie buttocks, perhaps from 1bottom + -ie
First Known Use: 1928

:itsawrap:

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Definition of BOOTY
: plunder taken (as in war); especially : plunder taken on land as distinguished from prizes taken at sea
Origin of BOOTY

Definition of BOOTY
slang
Variants of BOOTY
booty also boo·tie
Origin of BOOTY
alteration of an English-based creole word, ultimately from Early Mod English *bottie buttocks, perhaps from 1bottom + -ie

:cool: :itsawrap:

GhostofMarcus

Star
Registered

Horses, goats and cows were property, so were they also called booty? :hmm:

I looked at the source and it is a black women trying to make the connection. If it was used then not very much because it does not make much sense to call a slave other then a slave.

Last edited:

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Definition of BOOTY
Origin of BOOTY

Definition of BOOTY
slang
Variants of BOOTY
booty also boo·tie
Origin of BOOTY

source: Huffington Post

The word "booty" comes from the French butin. According to the "Centre National de Ressources Textuelles et Lexicales", it is a set of material goods, slaves or prisoners plundered from the enemy in time of war.
Ensemble des biens matériels et des esclaves ou prisonniers pris à l'ennemi au cours d'une guerre. Faire un riche butin; partager, prendre le butin.
From its Franco-Germanic origins, the word has evolved. Wikipedia states that "booty" may refer to:
  • Goods gained through looting
  • A nautical term for treasure
  • American slang for buttocks.
  • A 2014 song by Jennifer Lopez (J.Lo)
Whereas "booty" once referred to slaves, it is now assigned a new meaning in American pop culture, proliferated beyond the black community by Sir Mix-a-Lot's 1992 anthem "Baby Got Back", and it's unforgettable opening line "I like big butts and I cannot lie," as well as the 2001 international hit single "Bootylicious" by black girl-group Destiny's Child.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Words don' evolve out of a vacuum, nor is their etymology accidential.

Words evolve out of creativity as well. My bottom line, is I know what the word "booty" meant to pirates, and I know what "booty" means to a nigga born in 1978.

And whether you call it booty, ass, rump, butt, tush, pillows....

as long as theirs a pussy in between, I'm fuckin. And I won't be worried about what it's called while I'm doing it. At that point it's all action and experience,

fuck words.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Words evolve out of creativity as well. My bottom line, is I know what the word "booty" meant to pirates, and I know what "booty" means to a nigga born in 1978.

as long as theirs a pussy in between, I'm fuckin. And I won't be worried about what it's called while I'm doing it. At that point it's all action and experience,

fuck words.

But do you know what nigga means to Black people born before 1970?

GhostofMarcus

Star
Registered
The word "booty" comes from the French butin. According to the "Centre National de Ressources Textuelles et Lexicales", it is a set of material goods, slaves or prisoners plundered from the enemy in time of war.

They are mixing meaning. Just because they see the word slave, they think it was for African slave trade. They are leaving the most important part of the meaning out. " a set of material goods, slaves or prisoners plundered from the enemy in time of war"

The french used pirates during the war with the British. The US used one from New Orleans in it's fight with the British navy.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

fuck words.

10423286_693104854117118_4731360086595243061_n.jpg

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor

They are mixing meaning. Just because they see the word slave, they think it was for African slave trade. They are leaving the most important part of the meaning out. " a set of material goods, slaves or prisoners plundered from the enemy in time of war"

The french used pirates during the war with the British. The US used one from New Orleans in it's fight with the British navy.

:cool::bravo: