Coach the Knicks

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
I think the Knicks can forget about trading him. There are only a few teams that need a point guard..and even fewer that would want him.

I thought Cleveland would be interested, but they don't want him. The funny thing is that the two teams I heard the most were Boston and Miami.

I say buy his bitch ass out. If he gets secretly blackballed, the so be it.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Isiah, if you value your job, you will sit these lames IMMEDIATELY and go with the youth movement. The vets are KILLING you.

Eddie Curry is a sponge. He will play however the rest of the team plays. If they do not hustle, neither will he. And with the all NO HANDS UP team of Stephon Marbury and Q Richardson, there is very little hustle going on

So PLEASE get Lee, Robinson, Balkman, Chandler, Morris and Collins into the rotation with Zack, Curry and Crawford before it is too late.

I GUARANTEE you the next coach will

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Zach Randolph is a fucking disgrace the way he was giving up on plays last night. I see Marburys commitment to the team is contagious.

I now understand why Peter Vescey calls him "Steph infection."

SuperGenius

Star
Registered
"Zeke" needs to put his pride to the side and step down as the coach, or the owner needs to get some balls and fire Isiah. After the Marbury incident, the team voted to bench Marbury altogether and brought it to Isiah, but Thomas still inserted Marbury in the game. After that the team gave up on him....Thomas' time is up! Why coach in a place where you have wore out your welcome.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
"Zeke" needs to put his pride to the side and step down as the coach, or the owner needs to get some balls and fire Isiah. After the Marbury incident, the team voted to bench Marbury altogether and brought it to Isiah, but Thomas still inserted Marbury in the game. After that the team gave up on him....Thomas' time is up! Why coach in a place where you have wore out your welcome.

I know what Isiah is trying to do..but it's not going to work.He want's Marbury to be more like he was in his prime.

He wants Marbury to be his perimeter defender. That is not Marbury's game.

Anyway, I think from a forward/center standpoint, the Knicks are fine. but OTHER than Nate Robinson, the guards are not getting the job done. Q is trying to be a defensive stopper, but I think the body weight he has packled on actually makers him slow. But I give him points for trying.

I understand why Isiah wants/wanted to trade for Artest. Artest would be the perimeter defender that the Knicks need. But to put this together, you need a veretan point guard to put this all together. I peosonally would see if the Clippers would trade for Sam Cassell.

I would do this:

New York Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Sam Cassell
6-3 PG from Florida State
13.2 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.9 apg in 25.3 minutes

L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown
Mardy Collins
6-6 SG from Temple
2.7 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 13.6 minutes
Jared Jeffries
6-11 PF from Indiana
2.6 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.0 apg in 14.5 minutes

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to New York and L.A. Clippers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and L.A. Clippers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID #4301972

THen figure a way to get Artest to NY for Marbury.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor

Don't agree with having Thomas step down, but I am absolutely, positively in 100% agreement with your statement that he screwed up by placing Steph back in the game the very next night.

You walk out, you shouldn't see any action for at LEAST a week. Had no idea the TEAM voted to bench him though. That explains the lackluster performances on the road trip. Thomas basically disrespected his teams' wishes and actually REWARDED Marbury for his walkout

I wouldn't play hard either

What we are all witnessing with Marbury right now is almost exactly what happened 10 years ago with the Nets. NOBODY was happy and the play was just as lackluster as the Knicks are now

I bet if you go over his career, Marbury has gotten more coaches fired than any player in the league

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Don't agree with having Thomas step down, but I am absolutely, positively in 100% agreement with your statement that he screwed up by placing Steph back in the game the very next night.

You walk out, you shouldn't see any action for at LEAST a week. Had no idea the TEAM voted to bench him though. That explains the lackluster performances on the road trip. Thomas basically disrespected his teams' wishes and actually REWARDED Marbury for his walkout

I wouldn't play hard either

What we are all witnessing with Marbury right now is almost exactly what happened 10 years ago with the Nets. NOBODY was happy and the play was just as lackluster as the Knicks are now

I bet if you go over his career, Marbury has gotten more coaches fired than any player in the league

Peter Vescey calls him "Steph Infection"

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Could Van Gundy Return To Knicks?
November 23, 2007 - 10:17 am
New York Daily News -
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reports that the status of Isiah Thomas as president and coach of the Knicks is now day-to-day. He discusses a list of top candidates to replace Thomas if he is fired, including former Knick head coach Jeff Van Gundy.

James Dolan knows that under Van Gundy, the Knicks were winners and that Van Gundy was immensely popular with the fans.

Van Gundy immediately would find eight or nine players who are willing to compete, defend and sacrifice for the good of the team. He would restore the defensive-minded culture that made the Knicks a feared team in the '90s.

His greatest challenge would be getting through to Eddy Curry, who mostly has looked disinterested this season. However, Van Gundy has had a pretty good success rate working with centers such as Patrick Ewing, Marcus Camby and Yao Ming.

Isola believes former Knick and native New Yorker Mark Jackson may also garner consideration and discusses the possibility that Jackson could be hired as an assistant coach who would eventually take over the head coaching job from Van Gundy

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
under Van Gundy, the Knicks were winners and that Van Gundy was immensely popular with the fans.

:confused::smh:

Winners?? They made it to the finals ONCE. The year there was a strike and they only played 50 games. San Antonio actually had to win ANOTHER championship before the one they got that year was considered legit.....

meanwhile, the Knicks never won anything again after that...or doesn't the writer realize that Van Blunder was the one who got fired in the first place

Popular with the fans?? Nobody asked me!! I guess it's like one of those polls they use for elections

SuperGenius

Star
Registered
Could Van Gundy Return To Knicks?
November 23, 2007 - 10:17 am
New York Daily News -
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reports that the status of Isiah Thomas as president and coach of the Knicks is now day-to-day. He discusses a list of top candidates to replace Thomas if he is fired, including former Knick head coach Jeff Van Gundy.

James Dolan knows that under Van Gundy, the Knicks were winners and that Van Gundy was immensely popular with the fans.

Van Gundy immediately would find eight or nine players who are willing to compete, defend and sacrifice for the good of the team. He would restore the defensive-minded culture that made the Knicks a feared team in the '90s.

His greatest challenge would be getting through to Eddy Curry, who mostly has looked disinterested this season. However, Van Gundy has had a pretty good success rate working with centers such as Patrick Ewing, Marcus Camby and Yao Ming.

Isola believes former Knick and native New Yorker Mark Jackson may also garner consideration and discusses the possibility that Jackson could be hired as an assistant coach who would eventually take over the head coaching job from Van Gundy

Now that's something I wouldn't mind seeing.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I'm not sure who the man for the job is but after seeing this debacle tonight, Coach Thomas has gotta go.

Sorry, RS...

:smh:

One first half stat you should know:

Q. Richardson 3-10 FG
Z. Randolph 1-8 FG
E. Curry 1-7 FG

KG basically owned our Center & PF
While Pirece basically owned Q

I know this seems terrible (it is) but fixing it is easy.
Addition by subtraction. Subtract the albatross(es) and the entire lineup is transformed.

I've told you guys. I've seen a team in this EXACT position before. When the Nets had Steph, they were going through this exact same thing

It only take ONE selfLESS player to turn things around. Magic on the Lakers, Nash on the Suns, Kidd on the Nets and 1st thing you know the team is winning 60 games and going to the finals

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Tonight might have just been the game that got Zeke fired... even the starts played their normal minutes..that would have been up in the 60

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
my feeling is that all hell broke loose after isiah thomas and MSG lost the sexual harassment case.

what sort of respect could a head coach command from his players after he's been slung through the mud and found liable?

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Naw it was the "benching" that undermined his authority. I knew it would. Steph walks out on the team in Phoenix, the TEAM votes to have him disciplined but the coach reinserts him back into the lineup the very next night after all this transpires.

And it's all done in PUBLIC.

The lesson we've all learned from the "superstars" throughout the years is that they must always lead by example. Well, the "superstar" of the Knicks (in salary), leads by copping out. Then the coach basically REWARDS him with MORE playing time (his minutes have actually increased since the "benching")

So he gets this massive fine....one day's pay for him....and misses one game. The game he walked out on. But since then, he's gone from approx 25-30 minutes per game to 35-40 mintes per game. And this is after the TEAM voted to discipline Steph for walking out. Which basically disrepsects the team's wishes

I believe that is where Thomas lost some respect from the VETERAN players

I still believe he could rally the troops. If he just stop catering to these lazy, bogus "stars" like Q and Steph and concentrates on building a nucleus around the talent he has at his fingertips.

Like I said previously, I guarantee you the next coach will

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
One first half stat you should know:

Q. Richardson 3-10 FG
Z. Randolph 1-8 FG
E. Curry 1-7 FG

KG basically owned our Center & PF
While Pirece basically owned Q

I know this seems terrible (it is) but fixing it is easy.
Addition by subtraction. Subtract the albatross(es) and the entire lineup is transformed.

I've told you guys. I've seen a team in this EXACT position before. When the Nets had Steph, they were going through this exact same thing

It only take ONE selfLESS player to turn things around. Magic on the Lakers, Nash on the Suns, Kidd on the Nets and 1st thing you know the team is winning 60 games and going to the finals

THank you.

PERSONALLY...Steph should get no burn tonight. sit him on the end of the bench for 10 games. IF they win the majority of those games, it swill speak volumes.

Another thing I have to address. The Knicks have no perimeter defender. THat is their major issue.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lou Holtz to coach NY?

[flash]http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3135825[/flash]​

SuperGenius

Star
Registered
Re: Lou Holtz to coach NY?

[flash]http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3135825[/flash]​

:lol::lol:

Classic!! It's takes a football coach to get in the Knicks ass for them to win a game....

While watching the Knicks/Bucks game last night I purposely looked at the body language and facial expressions of the players last night who were not into the game and for the most of the first half...Eddy Curry, Jamal Crowford, Malik Rose, and "Q" Richardson had those blank stares like they were lost, and yet "Starbury" looked motivated as well as Zack Randolph...that told me alot. Aside from Randolph cause he's new, seems like catz don't wanna be there even though they rallied and won the game last night.

Whether it's because of "Zeke" and/or "Starbury" I don't know, but they didn't look motivated to me.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor

While watching the Knicks/Bucks game last night I purposely looked at the body language and facial expressions of the players last night who were not into the game and for the most of the first half...Eddy Curry, Jamal Crowford, Malik Rose, and "Q" Richardson had those blank stares like they were lost, and yet "Starbury" looked motivated as well as Zack Randolph...that told me alot. Aside from Randolph cause he's new, seems like catz don't wanna be there even though they rallied and won the game last night.

Whether it's because of "Zeke" and/or "Starbury" I don't know, but they didn't look motivated to me.

Hey!! Wait a minute!! You must not have seen the second half. Because it was EXACTLY when Stephon Marbury LEFT the game with an injury when the Knicks "suddenly" showed life...rallied from way down and WON the game. They played like a team in the 2nd half. With LOTS of energy.

And it was definitely not a halftime speech type of rally. They came out for the 2nd half just as lifeless and listless as they did in the 1st. Don't remember the exact moment, but it was sometime in the 3rd when Steph got hurt and left the court. The Knicks picked it up and came ALL the way back. That should tell you more than anything else. The team rallied around each other WITHOUT the player they don't get along with

Those looks you saw in the 1st half were players who are tired and suffering from what RF calls "Steph infection". I know it's so, because I saw the same looks on the faces of the Nets about 8 years ago

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Jersey-tossing Knicks fan is driven nuts by his team's futility

BY MELISSA GRACE and RICH SCHAPIRO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Sunday, December 2nd 2007, 2:15 PM

He's got eight tattoos - all of them orange to show his love for the Knicks.

He wears orange sunglasses, drives a burnt orange Hummer and sleeps in orange-striped sheets, all for the team.

But when the Knicks went down by 50 points against the Celtics on Thursday night, superfan Edward Barnes had had enough.

In a move captured on national television, he ripped off his $220 Knicks jersey and chucked it onto the court in disgust - sending the Boston crowd into a frenzy and highlighting the futility of his beloved team.

"They were just giving up on every play," Barnes, 36, told the Daily News Saturday. "You pay great money to see their games. You pay great money to drink at their games. I watched them give up."

In the days after his headline-grabbing act of contempt, the identity of the jersey-throwing fan remained unknown. But The News tracked down Barnes yesterday at his family's pizza restaurant in East Islip, L.I., where he was decked out in an orange shirt and orange-trimmed sneakers.

The Knicks-obsessed mechanic said he tore off his jersey to make a statement to the players. "I wanted to get their attention," Barnes said, his eyebrow ring, in blue for the other Knicks color, glinting in the light. "You don't lose by 50 points in the NBA."

Becoming a symbol of the Knicks' failures was never his plan.

Barnes drove up to Boston on Wednesday night with his nephew Larry Betro to celebrate Betro's 24th birthday. The pair had $300 seats - four rows behind the basket and not far from Craig Sager, a TNT sideline reporter.

With the Knicks trailing big in the first quarter, Barnes made a bet with Sager that if his team went down by 50 points he would give up his coveted jersey.

Word of the bet spread through the crowd with lightning speed. By the time the fourth quarter came around and the Knicks were losing by 40, the fans were in a frenzy.

"Throw it! Throw it!" they yelled.

And when Boston's lead reached 50 points with three minutes left in the game, Barnes did just that. The game stopped. The fans erupted.

"The whole crowd was behind it," he said. "I had to protect my honor."

After the game, Barnes went into a bar across the street from the stadium. The dejected New Yorker was received by the dozens of Celtic fans inside like a conquering hero. "They all stopped and started clapping," he said. "They bought me a jillion drinks and shots."

In between sips of soda yesterday, Barnes gleefully recounted how his love for his team has permeated his life. "Everything is blue and orange for the Knicks - my office, my car," he said with a smile. "I've got problems, I tell you."

In order for his team to reclaim its former glory, Barnes said management needs to make two bold moves.

"Isiah should be out," he said, referring to embattled coach Isiah Thomas.

And star point guard Stephon Marbury should be traded, he said. "He was a bum in New Jersey. He was a bum in Minnesota. And he's a bum in New York."

Despite his disappointment, Barnes refuses to abandon his team. He plans to go to Wednesday's game against the Nets. If the Knicks are winning, he'll put a team jersey back on to show his support, he said.

For her part, Barnes' wife, Tiffany, 32, said her husband's obsession has dominated her life. Among other things, she's forced to live in a home that resembles a Creamsicle.

"We have to get orange sunglasses, orange watches, orange cars," she said, noting that they also have a Knicks garbage can in the bathroom. "I have white sheets with orange stripes on them. It is sickening."

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
R.I.P Don Marbury
:(

I know I'm extra hard on your son, but I offer nothing but sympathies for him off the court

xcluesiv

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
R.I.P Don Marbury

I know I'm extra hard on your son, but I offer nothing but sympathies for him off the court

likewise, its already been a tough yr for steph and his family (telfair) this is bigger and i hope he can maintain, i remember when he had that passion for the game i just don't see it anymore i hope he can persevere through his father's death and get it back

SuperGenius

Star
Registered

Hey!! Wait a minute!! You must not have seen the second half. Because it was EXACTLY when Stephon Marbury LEFT the game with an injury when the Knicks "suddenly" showed life...rallied from way down and WON the game. They played like a team in the 2nd half. With LOTS of energy.

And it was definitely not a halftime speech type of rally. They came out for the 2nd half just as lifeless and listless as they did in the 1st. Don't remember the exact moment, but it was sometime in the 3rd when Steph got hurt and left the court. The Knicks picked it up and came ALL the way back. That should tell you more than anything else. The team rallied around each other WITHOUT the player they don't get along with

Those looks you saw in the 1st half were players who are tired and suffering from what RF calls "Steph infection". I know it's so, because I saw the same looks on the faces of the Nets about 8 years ago

:lol: Your right I didn't. The way they played in the first half, I just turned the TV in frustration....it wasn't until I was watching Knicks re-wind is when I saw the comeback.

RunawaySlave said:

c/s R.I.P.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
R.I.P Don Marbury

GOD rest the dead. It must have been a real joy to watch your son play and be a success. He lived a dream all real parents want for their kids.