Andre Berto vs Victor Ortiz Saturday Night - Who Ya'll Got?!?!

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
real talk...I was talking to my boy saying the same thing....Mosley, Pac and PBF would have embarrassed Berto....

he needs to switch trainers...and work on putting his punches together better...dude is constantly looking for a home run shot....:angry::smh:

that shit ain't going to work against elite competition.....

good heart and his chin held up....he needs a new camp...stop posting B/S vids on WSHH you haven't done shit to post all these vids with rappers and celebs popping bottles....

I would love to see him training with Stewart....

also April month of upsets....JaunMa, Kirkland,Berto :lol:

Damn, I just heard about that shit... I'll bet Gamboa is mad than a motherfucker, and Arum played himself! Sometimes you've got to say fuck it, maybe do a trilogy or something, and get that money! You can't always expect for fighters to keep winning to make the fight, more 'juicy'. He screwed himself on this one, these Dudes should have fought last year and in prep for the rematch already!! Greedy ass promoters!!! :smh:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Can't really say Berto isn't good or was over rated, etc. It's funny how when a fighter loses, a lot of times these are adjectives which define them. Plus, there is no guarantee that Berto beats Ortiz in a rematch. There may be some truth to the weight drain, better at Welterweight scenario for Ortiz.

That being said, this doesn't mean Berto is no good or Ortiz is a world beater. The cliche is styles make fights, and I do believe Berto under estimated Ortiz. Like any sport, no matter how good or great a player or team is, there is always going to be one team or player that gives them trouble. The Heat and Celtics for instance. The Celtics gave them trouble, but that doesn't mean the Heat can't win the title, especially if they don't have to go through Boston to get it...

Berto will be Ok, maybe needs to add some wrinkles to his fight game a little, but the kid is definitely talented and for some fighters, that first lost is just the medicine they need to go to the elite level..

Kudos to Ortiz though, great show of heart and a great fight!!! :yes:

I said pretty much the same thing on the main forum. I don't think this fight exposed Berto as a bum or showed that Ortiz is a beast. They are both B level fighters and neither are good traditional boxers. I believe Berto could beat Ortiz if they have a rematch, but his defense/conditioning needs some serious tweaking, which isn't something that we haven't all said already.

Ortiz proved atleast that he isn't completely out of the Championship level. The Maidana fight was bad, but his performance against Peterson was pitiful and I guess the draining shit might have been the main problem. Now the question I have is, who can he beat at welter that isn't a bum? I'm drawing a blank.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Damn, I just heard about that shit... I'll bet Gamboa is mad than a motherfucker, and Arum played himself! Sometimes you've got to say fuck it, maybe do a trilogy or something, and get that money! You can't always expect for fighters to keep winning to make the fight, more 'juicy'. He screwed himself on this one, these Dudes should have fought last year and in prep for the rematch already!! Greedy ass promoters!!! :smh:

real talk...Gamboa has also looked good and bad at times why prolong this shit any longer?...you are right bruh they should be prepping for a rematch by now....

FUCK ARUM....

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Hey, Arum is greedy but the more juicy the fight the more money for the fighters too.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Hey, Arum is greedy but the more juicy the fight the more money for the fighters too.

C/S...but he waited to long for this fight to happen....both fighters stock are going down IMO and both have been in some tough fights with sub par competition....

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Yup. But I hope they don't try to put the shit on PPV.:smh:

They shouldn't. But it would make a good World Championship Boxing co main event.

Can't really say Berto isn't good or was over rated, etc. It's funny how when a fighter loses, a lot of times these are adjectives which define them. Plus, there is no guarantee that Berto beats Ortiz in a rematch. There may be some truth to the weight drain, better at Welterweight scenario for Ortiz.

That being said, this doesn't mean Berto is no good or Ortiz is a world beater. The cliche is styles make fights, and I do believe Berto under estimated Ortiz. Like any sport, no matter how good or great a player or team is, there is always going to be one team or player that gives them trouble. The Heat and Celtics for instance. The Celtics gave them trouble, but that doesn't mean the Heat can't win the title, especially if they don't have to go through Boston to get it...

Berto will be Ok, maybe needs to add some wrinkles to his fight game a little, but the kid is definitely talented and for some fighters, that first lost is just the medicine they need to go to the elite level..

Kudos to Ortiz though, great show of heart and a great fight!!! :yes:

Agreed.
Lesson for Ortiz and other young fighters is they should fight closer to their natural weight instead of trying to game the system. He looked a lot fresher late than he did as a jr welter.

The problem is that the only couple of times Berto has stepped up in class really, against collazo and Ortiz, he's looked bad. I don't think that's a coincidence. I doubt he would have beaten Mosley either, prolly would have gotten ko'd. And god forbid if he actually would have gotten the fight with Pacquiao. He is an athletically talented fighter, not a skilled one, kinda like Jermain Taylor.

That name popped up in my head as well. Now does he take stock of his limitations and try to improve or does he follow Taylor into obscurity?
Talk of Ortiz fighting Pacquiao/Mayweather is way premature.

merce77

Star
Registered
They shouldn't. But it would make a good World Championship Boxing co main event.

Agreed.
Lesson for Ortiz and other young fighters is they should fight closer to their natural weight instead of trying to game the system. He looked a lot fresher late than he did as a jr welter.

That name popped up in my head as well. Now does he take stock of his limitations and try to improve or does he follow Taylor into obscurity?
Talk of Ortiz fighting Pacquiao/Mayweather is way premature.

Ortiz should be looking at a name fighter that he would actually have a chance against like a Cotto, or maybe even a Kermit Cintron, dude gets knocked down easily but seems to have very good recuperative powers, and he's young and fast enough, and has enough pop to possibly pull an upset in a fight like that. Or maybe a lil further down the line, a catchweight fight with Saul Alvarez. Neither Berto or Ortiz is on a level with Pac or Floyd, though that hasn't stopped either of them from fighting dudes like that. Actually Floyd would prolly fight him, with him moving up from 140 and all and being Mexican.:hmm::lol::lol:

Last edited:

merce77

Star
Registered

True dat, BUT if he had wised up and held the fight somehwere like Florida where there are huge contingents of both Cubans and Ricans, he could have made money. Plus paper off the PPV with the Latino boxing community which is sizable. Now, he's got nothing.

Juanma was stupid and fought a shitty fight. He should have been fighting inside and smothering Salido's ability to throw that right hand. Like Ortiz did for the majority of his fight, that was his plan.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Ortiz should be looking at a name fighter that he would actually have a chance against like a Cotto, or maybe even a Kermit Cintron, dude gets knocked down easily but seems to have very good recuperative powers, and he's young and fast enough, and has enough pop to possibly pull an upset in a fight like that. Or maybe a lil further down the line, a catchweight fight with Saul Alvarez. Neither Berto or Ortiz is on a level with Pac or Floyd, though that hasn't stopped either of them from fighting dudes like that. Actually Floyd would prolly fight him, with him moving up from 140 and all and being Mexican.:hmm::lol::lol:

Yep. Plenty of good fights for Ortiz.

:lol: on Mayweather.

True dat, BUT if he had wised up and held the fight somehwere like Florida where there are huge contingents of both Cubans and Ricans, he could have made money. Plus paper off the PPV with the Latino boxing community which is sizable. Now, he's got nothing.

Juanma was stupid and fought a shitty fight. He should have been fighting inside and smothering Salido's ability to throw that right hand. Like Ortiz did for the majority of his fight, that was his plan.

:yes:

Just finished watching the entire Guerrero-Katsidis fight and Robert looked extremely sharp.
I think he might finally be the guy to topple Marquez from the top of the lightweight division.

That Black Dynamite shit is killing me.

merce77

Star
Registered
Yep. Plenty of good fights for Ortiz.

:lol: on Mayweather.

:yes:

Just finished watching the entire Guerrero-Katsidis fight and Robert looked extremely sharp.
I think he might finally be the guy to topple Marquez from the top of the lightweight division.

That Black Dynamite shit is killing me.

Maybe. Katsidis presses forward and has heart but no skills. Marquez has heart and much skills. I don't know if Guerrero can but if anybody at 135 has a good shot, it's him. He kinda gassed out late in the fight and those are the rounds where Marquez is most dangerous, dude can ill afford to run out of wind against JMM.

"Euphoria shut the fuck up. I know that was you, I ain't even gotta look":lol::lol::lol::yes:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Maybe. Katsidis presses forward and has heart but no skills. Marquez has heart and much skills. I don't know if Guerrero can but if anybody at 135 has a good shot, it's him. He kinda gassed out late in the fight and those are the rounds where Marquez is most dangerous, dude can ill afford to run out of wind against JMM.

Agreed. It would probably be best if he fought Soto first to build up a JMM fight. A fight between those two would be an automatic FOY candidate and would probably have some of the most high quality boxing of any fight.

"Euphoria shut the fuck up. I know that was you, I ain't even gotta look":lol::lol::lol::yes:

That shit was funny.:lol::lol: Never been a big MJ White fan but that just made my list of must see movies.

merce77

Star
Registered
Agreed. It would probably be best if he fought Soto first to build up a JMM fight. A fight between those two would be an automatic FOY candidate and would probably have some of the most high quality boxing of any fight.

That shit was funny.:lol::lol: Never been a big MJ White fan but that just made my list of must see movies.

Yes, Soto's been needing to step up his comp at lightweight and Guerrero needs a signature win. Also Brandon Rios seems like a pretty dangerous opponent for anybody at lightweight. Not much in the way of skills but dude is like Margarito before he got caught with that plaster.:lol:

Check Black Dynamite, that shit has numerous hilarious moments.:yes:

tp2001

Star
Registered
yo your boy here missed all the fights last weekend so you know I will be on the lookout for the d/l....

Too bad Berto lost, but I guess Alaskanredman is right in saying that both Ortiz and Berto are B-level fighters...However, I think a rematch is due and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens if Berto wants it. Funny thing is, he wouldn't want no part of a Collazo rematch...

merce77

Star
Registered
yo your boy here missed all the fights last weekend so you know I will be on the lookout for the d/l....

Too bad Berto lost, but I guess Alaskanredman is right in saying that both Ortiz and Berto are B-level fighters...However, I think a rematch is due and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens if Berto wants it. Funny thing is, he wouldn't want no part of a Collazo rematch...

Check my boxing thread for the downloads. And nope, neither he nor Hatton wanted second servings of Collazo.:lol:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
I love this fight. It is always cool to see fighters dig deep down and see what kind of fighter they really are. I am really happy for Ortiz.