Tamir Rice’s Mother on President Obama: “I Don’t Know How You Sleep at Night”

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Read more: http://urbanintellectuals.com/2016/...nt-obama-dont-know-sleep-night/#ixzz4Es1PakbQ
Follow us: @urbanintellect on Twitter | urbanintellectuals on Facebook

It has been a year and a half since 12-year-old Tymir Rice was fatally shot by police in Cleveland Ohio. The tragedy quickly gained momentum in national media as Tamir became the newest face among individuals slain by law enforcement.

MSNBC’s Joy-Anne Reid sat down with Samaria Rice, the victim’s mother, to discuss the nation’s current state of affairs, Black Lives Matters’ success in obtaining justice for victims, and her view on the competence of sitting politicians.

Upon being asked about President Obama’s stance on the matter of police-involved violence, her face appeared overwhelmed with disappointment as she promptly began to answer.

“President Barack Obama. I don’t know what you doing. I don’t know how you able to sleep at night and just sleep and wake up and see that another murder has happened on behalf of the government and nobody is getting any justice at The Department of Justice.”

Similar sentiments regarding the President echo throughout black communities across the nation as his statements on the matter of police brutality remain neutral.

Samaria also expressed her disappointment in Governor John Kasich of Ohio, who was a Rebublican candidate in the current presidential election. Kasich has not publically addressed police violence towards civilians despite multiple occurrences of it during his tenure as governor.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The same question can be ask by the families of people being killed by drone strikes.... the President makes that call also

and you would get the same answer you were given in regards to the police.

there is no justification for the attacks on police.

and the killing of civilians by drones has nothing to do with creating terrorist.

and the police and the west has the right to defend themselves against the savages that would attack them.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit she wasnt invited to the Prez townhall meeting

Eric Garners daughter was but not the DNC and won't be invited to anything else...

You know the thing the want to believe crown doesn't see.

When those children were killed we saw their fathers on the news ....Now it's only the "Mother's of the Movement"

Like the fathers don't exist and didn't loose anything and were deadbeats not involved..

Although Trayvon was at his fathers the night he was murdered.

And nobody talks about Blair Holt anymore even though his mother and father started an organization after his murder

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Tamir Rice murder was the most ergregious of them all imo.. Everything about it was an abomination.... from the hiring of the officer, to the murder of the child, to the handling after the fact... All under the eyes of a so called "black" police chief.. If that didnt put on full display the animal nature of whites and law enforcement then i dont know what will. They should have burned that city down.

Cross

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eric Garners daughter was but not the DNC and won't be invited to anything else...

You know the thing the want to believe crown doesn't see.

When those children were killed we saw their fathers on the news ....Now it's only the "Mother's of the Movement"

Like the fathers don't exist and didn't loose anything and were deadbeats not involved..

Although Trayvon was at his fathers the night he was murdered.

And nobody talks about Blair Holt anymore even though his mother and father started an organization after his murder
They still have to preserve the narrative of the deadbeat dad they need that to use as the reason for bkack on black crime

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
To be 'fair' - Samaria Rice has been shitting nonstop on everybody. She hates Obama, Clinton, Trump, LeBron, the Mayor, the Governor.... and she gets enough paid speeches (just gave an address at Kent State :eek:) that she does not want or need to dilute her earning power by sharing a stage.

Last edited:

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
The same question can be ask by the families of people being killed by drone strikes.... the President makes that call also

Actually I don't think this should come up. Anytime it comes up it muddies the waters and causes nothing but swirl. It's also used to pull the convo away from treatment of BLACK PEOPLE in America.

I can care less about a drone strike when I have to worry about shit here at home.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
im not throwing shit at her ...but i dont know what Obama can do in this situation.

there was no federal jurisdiction in that case...there isnt a precedent for how he's supposed to behave, and i dont know what laws he could exploit to make things better.

Cleveland's PD is already under federal oversight based on what happened to Tamir Rice and other incidents.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/just...ty-cleveland-reform-cleveland-division-police

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/u...-use-of-force-rules-in-justice-dept-deal.html

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
fuck speaking out..........do somethin................instead of lettin these police get away with murder.
As much as I totally agree with you bro, what exactly should he do especially with the police on the local level? There's possibly five or six layers of government between him and those jurisdictions, so what would you suggest that he do? Just curious.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
To be 'fair' - Samaria Rice has been shitting nonstop on everybody. She hates Obama, Clinton, Trump, LeBron, the Mayor, the Governor.... and she gets enough paid speeches (just gave an address at Kent State :eek:) that she does want or need to dilute her earning power by sharing a stage.
It doesn't negate the truth of what she said.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
im not throwing shit at her ...but i dont know what Obama can do in this situation.

there was no federal jurisdiction in that case...there isnt a precedent for how he's supposed to behave, and i dont know what laws he could exploit to make things better.

Cleveland's PD is already under federal oversight based on what happened to Tamir Rice and other incidents.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/just...ty-cleveland-reform-cleveland-division-police

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/u...-use-of-force-rules-in-justice-dept-deal.html

Just showing up to Cleveland/ Tamir Rice's funeral would have been big.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Really insightful story on the stonewalling of justice for Tamir Rice. Of all the most recent killings of Blacks by cops, this one is one of the more egregious ones. Toy gun. Open carry state. Phone call to 911 said it was probably a kid. A cop that was unfit for duty. Police lies. Lack of aid administered. Just a terrible, awful story.

http://www.gq.com/story/tamir-rice-story

Thank you

The prosecutors reminded Clark, and the grand jurors, that the officers had responded to a 911 call about a black male with a gun in a park—an “active shooter,” they said, though no shots had been fired, there was no one nearby to be shot when police arrived, and the black male turned out to be a 12-year-old boy alone in a gazebo. Active shooter. The phrase was used repeatedly, Clark told me. “They had to be brave,” the pacing prosecutor, Matthew Meyer, said. “They were brave that day.” Or maybe they were reckless, which was one of Clark’s conclusions. Maybe if they hadn’t ridden up in a frenzy, the boy wouldn’t be dead. There’s case law about that, Clark started to explain, opinions that can help define whether force was used appropriately.

Like Dr Wilmer Leon said in the video I posted ..

And then they LIE

Simply_Black

International
International Member
If he did that he probably would have been made obligated to turn up at all the funerals of black people killed by police and racists.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I told ya'll a year ago she was not a very nice person. Career criminal.

What does that have to do with her son being murdered ?

This is the same thing THEY do to victims to make their actions justified.

He had marijuana in his system

She was suspended from school

They were on food stamps

Suspected gang affiliation

Shoplifted when he was 15

Stole a box of black and milds

had a wide nose

fit the description