Possible Justice League Reshoot Plot points leaked... (There Be Spoilers Inside)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Normally I take Leaks as BS.... but I also don't completely ignore them anymore. Especially after the Ghostbusters leak, because that one was on point.

So this was posted on Reddit five days ago... Dive in with your thoughts.

Plot
Steppenwolf's mission is to harvest planets with a machine that drains natural resources and beams them up to Apokolips through a portal created by three ancient Mother Boxes. He attempts to harvest Earth in pre-historic times, but is defeated due to an unexpected alliance between the amazons, the atlanteans and Green Lantern Abin Sur to defend the humans. The Mother Boxes are left behind and split among the three kingdoms.

On present day, Bruce Wayne arrives on Amnesty Bay to recruit Aquaman to his team, but Aquaman refuses. In London, Wonder Woman foils a hostage crisis, then receives a message from Hyppolita asking for help. She arrives on Themyscira just as Steppenwolf returns to Earth and reclaims the Amazons' Mother Box. Alfred has been monitoring alien activity on Earth and learned that several scientists have been kidnapped by Parademons.

Steppenwolf attacks Atlantis and steals their Mother Box. Aquaman attempts to stop him, but fails. Wonder Woman then returns to Gotham to ask Batman for help. Batman recruits the Flash, while Wonder Woman approaches Cyborg, who refuses. While Cyborg is away, his father Silas Stone is captured by the Parademons and the humans' Mother Box is also stolen. Cyborg joins the team as they meet Commissioner James Gordon, who has found the Parademons' nest in an abandoned tunnel between Metropolis and Gotham.

The team goes there, but are ambushed by Steppenwolf and nearly killed before Aquaman saves them. They rescue the scientists and learn from Silas that Steppenwolf has stolen Superman's body in order to harvest the Codex and enhance the Parademons with Superman's powers. Steppenwolf and the Parademons attack the Kryptonian scout ship in Metropolis, but the team intervenes. Superman returns and repels Steppenwolf, but is overwhelmed and flees. Wonder Woman learns that the Harvester is buried in an abandoned town in Venezuela and the team heads there to stop him. Steppenwolf activates the machine and begins draining the Earth, causing widespread destruction. Superman briefly reunites with Lois Lane and Martha Kent in Smallville before leaving to save Metropolis and then join the battle in Chernobyl.

Superman and Aquaman defeat Steppenwolf, who is killed by Wonder Woman, while Batman disables the Harvester, Flash rounds up the Parademons and Cyborg reverses the portal created by Mother Boxes, sending them away. The team are celebrated as heroes for saving the world and form the Justice League. Superman reunites with Lois, Batman returns to Metropolis, Flash asks Iris West out on a date, Wonder Woman and Aquaman return the Mother Boxes to their rightful places, Cyborg makes amends with Silas, and the world is at peace.

The Big Changes
  • Lex Luthor has been entirely cut.

• Henry Allen has been entirely cut.

• Deathstroke has been entirely cut.

• Darkseid has been entirely cut.

• The Knightmare is not addressed.

• Wonder Woman is present when Steppenwolf steals the Amazons' Mother Box from Themyscira and vows revenge. This was included to set up Steppenwolf's new death scene.

• Additional scene of Alfred picking up Batman in Amnesty Bay after Aquaman rejects him.

• Additional scene of Flash and Cyborg discussing their backgrounds on their way to the Parademons' nest and developing a bond.

• Minor dialogue additions throughout.

• The Harvester subplot was entirely added in reshoots, restructuring the third act which was originally just an alien invasion.

• Superman's subplot is altered. Rather than flee from Metropolis due to self-doubt, he does it to see Lois and Martha and let them know he's fine before immediately joining the battle.

• Additional scene of Superman meeting Alfred before heading to Venezuela.

• Additional scene of Superman saving Metropolis from the Harvester's effects and reassuring the people that everything will be fine.

• Cyborg's subplot is altered. Rather than doubt himself and be reassured by Batman, Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name.

• Additional scene of Cyborg and Silas watching Cyborg's old college football games together.

• Steppenwolf's demisse is changed. Originally he'd be beamed back to Apokolips by Cyborg and executed by Darkseid for faiIing to conquer Earth. Now Wonder Woman will punch him into the Harvester's beam and disintegrate him./spoiler]
sWDr2cR.png

NEPCQYG.png

o1V59Ol.png

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
Batman vs Superman scene when Sup got hit with the krypton gas the 2nd time was stupid.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Should have left Deathstroke and Darkseid in.

Also it made more sense for Superman to flee in self doubt if he lost a battle, than leaving to check in with the wife and mom.
You were recently deceased. The first thing you should do is go fuck your woman, and pay respect to the woman who fed you all those years.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
After looking at some previous reports about the film... like things in shift in tone for Cyborg.. and adds to the story... I actually think this leak might be credible. If it truly is then DC's got a problem.

I'm also not a fan of the the random shoehorning in of the green lantern core without even having a fucking film in place. Right now it's just a date on a calendar.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
After looking at some previous reports about the film... like things in shift in tone for Cyborg.. and adds to the story... I actually think this leak might be credible. If it truly is then DC's got a problem.

I'm also not a fan of the the random shoehorning in of the green lantern core without even having a fucking film in place. Right now it's just a date on a calendar.

What was the shift in tone for Cyborg?

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
From self-doubt to having enough confidence to rely vet superheroes when he is a rookie

Ahhh from the leak. I thought there was another change earlier that I didn't know about. OK cool I'm all caught up.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
"Additional scene of Superman saving Metropolis from the Harvester's effects and reassuring the people that everything will be fine."

"Superman'ssubplot is altered. Rather than flee from Metropolis due to self-doubt, he does it to see Lois and Martha and let them know he's fine before immediately joining the battle."

"Lex Luthor has been entirely cut"

This leak is legit as fuck.

What is bolded is EXACTLY what made the Snyder murderverse so fucking shitty.

BvS Superman ain't give a fuck about the people and was a grown ass emo man. Self doubt??? Superman?? Nigga you SUPERMAN what could you be in doubt about??!! Shieet you already came back from the dead TWICE.

"Cyborg's subplot is altered. Rather than doubt himself and be reassured by Batman, Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name."

This is surprising. They actually giving Cyborg something to do rather than just be a prop.

The changes are WAY better but not sure it's enough to save a ship that's already sinking. I bet Batfleck is gone after this one

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They wanted to lighten his character up some. That would explain the football reference and watching old games with his dad.

I really really hope they do Cyborg right.

I think Joss is the man for the job.

He has tackled this technology v. humanity stuff already on SHIELD, dollhouse, serenity, angel and buffy...

and let's not forget Avengers.

PliggaNease

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really really hope they do Cyborg right.

I think Joss is the man for the job.

He has tackled this technology v. humanity stuff already on SHIELD, dollhouse, serenity, angel and buffy...

and let's not forget Avengers.
Oh yea, I forgot that Joss is on board now. Is he handling the reshoots?

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Abin Sur protecting the Earth in prehistoric times...? :smh:

This is not a good look.
Just how old is he supposed to be?
I mean; sure, he's one of the greatest Green Lantern's and all, but he not ancient like The Guardians... :smh:

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Abin Sur protecting the Earth in prehistoric times...? :smh:

This is not a good look.
Just how old is he supposed to be?
I mean; sure, he's one of the greatest Green Lantern's and all, but he not ancient like The Guardians... :smh:
Abin Sur is an alien. He don't age like a human. And the guardians been around for millions of years. We dont know how back the director went with the flashback