Actor Gene Wilder dead at age 83

gogiants

Support BGOL
Registered
Growing up, Stir Crazy was one of my favorite comedies. RIP to Gene. I know it's not really a Gene scene but this is one of my favorite Stir Crazy scenes.

three-fifths

searching for the remaining 143,999
Platinum Member
did not know wilder was born and raised in milwaukee.

wisconsin has a rather impressive list of actresses and actors born here.
Man...RIP...I liked Gene. Graduated from my High School.
Willy Wonka was one of my favorites.

peterking

HYON
Platinum Member
tumblr_inline_ocp2zaiZjH1s6zsnk_540.jpg
RiP

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gene Wilder was one of the best comedic actor's ever.
He was charming and funny even when he thought he wasnt.
He was the every man in films,that somehow ended up in crazy situations,fortunately
for some of these crazy situations he teamed up with one of the greatest comedians ever Richard Pryor.It was pure gold when they were together.
The Woman in Red is one of my favorites of all time.Wilder portrayed Teddy Pierce
a guy who slowly finds out that sometimes the fantasy of an affair is far better than the
affair itself.
Silver Streak,Young Frankenstein,Blazing Saddles ,The Producers these are just some of his films
that just showed 50% of his gifts,a writer and producer and such a loving husband to the late great Gilda Radner
Just like his partner for four films Pryor there will never be another like him.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
did not know wilder was born and raised in milwaukee.

wisconsin has a rather impressive list of actresses and actors born here.
Yeah. There were a gang of famous people on the walls of my high school that graduated from there. Good ol Washington High School. I just always remembered Gene's pic because I LOVED Willy Wonka.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never saw Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory until last year...maybe that's why I turned out the way I did.:dunno:

However, him and Pryor were "must see tv" for me as a kid. Straight HILARITY!
A white boy named Jerome? He had to change his name!
Man, Listen...I had no idea AND that was my first thought. Hollywood aka Tinseltown, wasn't haven't it back then.
Damn..I know death is part of life but 2016 is ruthless...
2+0+1+6=9, the number of completion. There are more to come and I shudder to think who they may be...there are 4 months of this madness left.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
R.I.P Mr. Wonka

Willy Wonka and Young Frankenstein two of my favs he was in especially Young Frankenstein, hilarious! :lol: