THIS JUST IN: Teena Marie has passed away.

Shurnuff

5 More Years Bitches!!
OG Investor
SINGING LEGEND TEENA MARIE DEAD

teena.jpg

Washington Watch host Roland Martin has confirmed that R&B legend Teena Marie has died.

Reports of her untimely death spread online after a tweet from Ronald Isley. The soul crooner wrote: “Just found out a friend, Teena Marie passed away. I really did’t expect to hear this. RIP. We will miss you much!”

Soon after a back and forth about her death erupted with various stars like LisaRaye and Kym Whitley saying that Teena was in fact alive.

However, as the minutes went on reporter Roland Martin confirmed with Teena’s manager, Mike Gardner, that the singer passed at the age of 54.

Philadelphia radio station WDAS first reported the story on the airwaves.

Sheila E. shared a few scarce details of how Teena’s daughter, Alia Rose, discovered her mother’s dead body.

Sheila wrote:

“Her daughter found her in her bedroom already passed. she had seizers prior too this passing. please pray for her family.

They just took her body from her home. Teena Marie found dead by her daughter whos BD was yesterday. pray 4 her & her family.”

The protégé of the late Rick James has been an R&B staple since her 1979 debut, Wild and Peaceful.

She was heralded for her work as a songwriter, musician, and arranger. Teena was also credited by many for rapping on her own records, believed to have helped usher hip-hop into mainstream R&B.

As of now no further details about her death have surfaced.

God rest her soul and be with her family.

Check out a few clips from Teena Marie’s Unsung.

http://news.tvoneonline.com/music/singing-legend-teena-marie-dead-8769.htm

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

teena.jpg

Washington Watch host Roland Martin has confirmed that R&B legend Teena Marie has died.

Reports of her untimely death spread online after a tweet from Ronald Isley. The soul crooner wrote: “Just found out a friend, Teena Marie passed away. I really did’t expect to hear this. RIP. We will miss you much!”

Soon after a back and forth about her death erupted with various stars like LisaRaye and Kym Whitley saying that Teena was in fact alive.

However, as the minutes went on reporter Roland Martin confirmed with Teena’s manager, Mike Gardner, that the singer passed at the age of 54.

Sheila E. shared a few scarce details of how Teena’s daughter, Alia Rose, discovered her mother’s dead body.

Sheila wrote:

“Her daughter found her in her bedroom already passed. she had seizers prior too this passing. please pray for her family.

They just took her body from her home. Teena Marie found dead by her daughter whos BD was yesterday. pray 4 her & her family.”

The protégé of the late Rick James has been an R&B staple since her 1979 debut, Wild and Peaceful.

She was heralded for her work as a songwriter, musician, and arranger. Teena was also credited by many for rapping on her own records, believed to have helped usher hip-hop into mainstream R&B.

Her daughter, on the left. Damn. :smh:

teena-marie-alia-rose-shanice-20th-divas-14AJ6H.jpg

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
Loved her voice. As a matter of fact, I just put some of her music on my phone the other day. RIP Lady T. :(:smh:
candlelight.jpg

Shurnuff

5 More Years Bitches!!
OG Investor

teena.jpg

Sheila wrote:

Her daughter, on the left. Damn. :smh:

teena-marie-alia-rose-shanice-20th-divas-14AJ6H.jpg

That would kind of fuck me up if I were to find one of my parents dead!!!!

ps daughter is cute!
:cool:

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
damm i should've bought tickets when she was on tour in NY not too long ago with another performer. I learn to support go see concerts of your old school rap, soul other artists before they die to say you "saw them perform live" . Well life is short man. R.i.P.

RepostKing

Back up Modrator
Registered
i never got to see u teena but I'll miss u. thank you for sharing your music. thank you for singing this song...

candle-o.gif

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
RIP. I feel very sad today. Luckily for me, I was blessed to be able to make love to her one time. She was very passionate and much like a black woman except she did not have much buttocks. However, she did have a lot of attitude and did not want me to touch her hair. She will be missed by all of us.