***Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread***

fles

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Either of the teams playing tomorrow will make for an interesting match-up against Holland.

PinoleroNicoya

Potential Star
Registered
Full-time: Holland are into the World Cup final. There's a bit of a ruckus as they celebrate and some Uruguayan players express their displeasure with a few of them as well as with the referee. No doubt they're unhappy about Van Bommel's persistent fouling and Holland's second goal. They can be reasonably satisfied with their performance, however, as, despite key absentees, they gave the Dutch a true test. And Holland only scraped through it. They won't be favourites in the final.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/06/world-cup-2010-holland-uruguay-live

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Haha, how you like that Uruaguay?

[Diddy]Take that, take that, take that[/Diddy]

:lol::lol:

diddy-bop.jpg

:dance:
:dance:

Studio718

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Holland barely made it out of here.... damn...if only Ghana would have made it

It would have been the greatest semi-final and finals ever in WC history.

Imagine Ghana beating the Dutch today and they Germany or Spain.
Africa would have kicked all whites out, lol.

Oracle21

Star
Registered
excellent match. robben is a fantastic player. sneijder has played unbelievably this world cup. going to be a great final. i hope germany wins against spain. world cup fever. No italy, france, brazil, argentina and hopefully spain!!! uruguay put up a great effort. much props to them

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
Holland played pretty well today. The thing I don't like about them is they are a bunch of floppers and (over) actors when someone looks at them for too long. As the commentators on ESPN said, they're a good team, they don't need to do that silly shit. On another note, tomorrow's game should be a good one.

Oracle21

Star
Registered
good luck to schweinsteiger, klose and company today. hope this game is as exciting as the uruguay vs netherlands game.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Argentina front line: Messi, Tevez, DiMaria, Higuain, Maxi, Mascherano

Assumed Spanish front line: Villa, Silva, Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Busquets

Messi over Villa

Tevez over Silva

Xavi over DiMaria

Higuain over Iniesta

Alonso over Maxi

Mascherano over Busquets

4 out of 6 players win for me. Given the goal tally, and the amount of shots that Argentina have taken in this tournament, i'd favor Argentina over Spain to beat Germany.

I don't see Spain doing anything out of the ordinary today.

Who would you favor more to beat the Germans and why?

Oracle21

Star
Registered
and is it me or outside of Villa spain has looked rather normal and not the super power they were once designated as.