Unbe-weave-able!

thighsneyez22

Back for the First Time
BGOL Investor
I think we've found the Black Weird Al... I was cracking up so hard ... despite the fact that I am weaved-up as we speak...

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/Re_KyLu50PU&rel=1 [/flash]

SO I will use this as a humorous way to start a lil' harmless conversation... My question for all is "What are your thoughts on weave?"

Here are just a few questions to get you thinking...but please don't let them limit your response...

Ladies:

Are you weaved up now?
Have you ever been weaved up?
Are you against weave and havent so much as had braids (even natural ones) for fear of anyone thinking that it was weave?
If you do wear a weave, why do you wear weave?
Have you ever gotten a weave to make your hair shorter (yes thats possible)?

Men:

Could you be attracted to a woman who wears weave constantly?
Would you rather short un-weaved hair or Long weave?
Do you have a fetish for weave?
Is weave a deal breaker for you in finding a woman to have a relationship with?
Would you consider marrying a chick if you've NEVER seen her real hair?

thighsneyez22

Back for the First Time
BGOL Investor
if you're going to have it atleast have it look good and natural...

Thats fair...so I am thinking if this girl came up to you wearing the same outfit she is in the pic (and the same hair) wanting to get a little piece of gonzo in her life...it would be a no huh?

mr%20little.jpg

bigirl

anti- voluntary ignorance
BGOL Investor
Ladies:

Are you weaved up now?
Have you ever been weaved up?
Are you against weave and havent so much as had braids (even natural ones) for fear of anyone thinking that it was weave?
If you do wear a weave, why do you wear weave?
Have you ever gotten a weave to make your hair shorter (yes thats possible)?
I am locked up now.
I used to rock weaves from time to time. I wore them first of all because it was fun to change up color and texture and style so drastically and i looked SO different each time. Then for the ease factor to just get up and go and it looks perfect all the time. I never got full head weaves though. I would get either the ponytail kind or half the head and would have real nice little twists or plaits up front.
Matter of fact exactly why I got the weaves was to make my hair shorter. I had long curly hair that was getting close to my ass. It was just so nice to get it all the fuck out of the way.

Chicutie

~Brown Suga~
BGOL Investor
I have a weave and most people don't even know that is weave. My weave is sewed in and is shoulder length, matches my natural hair color (dark brown), is the same texture as my real hair, and is always well kept. I just recently starting wearing weave because I'm in the process of growing my perm out and it's a lot easier than having to manage my natural hair.
It is about the same length as my real hair and I get a lot of compliments on it from men and women.

thighsneyez22

Back for the First Time
BGOL Investor
I am locked up now.
I used to rock weaves from time to time. I wore them first of all because it was fun to change up color and texture and style so drastically and i looked SO different each time. Then for the ease factor to just get up and go and it looks perfect all the time. I never got full head weaves though. I would get either the ponytail kind or half the head and would have real nice little twists or plaits up front.
Matter of fact exactly why I got the weaves was to make my hair shorter. I had long curly hair that was getting close to my ass. It was just so nice to get it all the fuck out of the way.

....they dont understand that though...dudes can just get up and go... god forbid you were blessed with a head of hair...its almost like a prison sentence everytime you get ready...

From a male standpoint...if I were a dude... I would think it would be kinda fun to not know what my woman would look like everytime she came from the hair salon...keep it different and new...(Im sure some of you have even roleplayed using the help of this mutable substance we call weave)... thats on some "im every woman its all in me" tip :)

Damian Stone

I saw a real UFO....
BGOL Investor
Sorry...cannot deal with this weave thing. :smh:
Not used to it, never been with a girl who had it. :confused:
As a matter of fact even extensions are a no-no so...

thighsneyez22

Back for the First Time
BGOL Investor
I have a weave and most people don't even know that is weave. My weave is sewed in and is shoulder length, matches my natural hair color (dark brown), is the same texture as my real hair, and is always well kept. I just recently starting wearing weave because I'm in the process of growing my perm out and it's a lot easier than having to manage my natural hair.
It is about the same length as my real hair and I get a lot of compliments on it from men and women.

Nothing like a natural-looking weave...Have you ever thought of getting a lace front wig like the ones Tyra, Vivica and B sport?

tdzcbcrcarwa.jpg

Vivica16June.jpg

lacefront-home.gif

%20lacefrontbeyonce.jpg

and even John Travolta

travoltaslace1.jpg

Chicutie

~Brown Suga~
BGOL Investor
Nothing like a natural-looking weave...Have you ever thought of getting a lace front wig like the ones Tyra, Vivica and B sport?

tdzcbcrcarwa.jpg

Vivica16June.jpg

lacefront-home.gif

%20lacefrontbeyonce.jpg

and even John Travolta

travoltaslace1.jpg

Yes. .That's the key word. . natural looking.
But I'm going to look into the lace front wigs. . I haven't really did much research on them at all.

thighsneyez22

Back for the First Time
BGOL Investor
Sorry...cannot deal with this weave thing. :smh:
Not used to it, never been with a girl who had it. :confused:
As a matter of fact even extensions are a no-no so...

I am curious... what is "weave" to you and what are "extensions"?

Is "weave" braids, wigs and ponytails?

Are "extensions" merely tracks to fill in the hair?

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
I have worn it all.

I've been totally bald.

I've had a short natural.

I had the "haircut like Anita Baker" back in H.S.

I've had all kinds of braid styles.

I've worn weaves.

I've worn wigs.

And now my hair is natural and I keep it cornrowed and wear full lace wigs over em.

Damian Stone

I saw a real UFO....
BGOL Investor
I am curious... what is "weave" to you and what are "extensions"?

Is "weave" braids, wigs and ponytails?

Are "extensions" merely tracks to fill in the hair?

I must be mixing up the terms.

Weaves to me are when you sew/glue in fake hair.
Extensions are when you braid in fake fair.

I dislike either, I also enjoy a girl with short hair as long as it's her hair.

thighsneyez22

Back for the First Time
BGOL Investor

Thats ok... we don't expect you to know! More power to you for liking us the way we are!

I, in fact, am a little confused myself...but hey... a picture is worth more than a thousand words when pointing out what you want to a stylist.

thighsneyez22

Back for the First Time
BGOL Investor
I have worn it all.
...And now my hair is natural and I keep it cornrowed and wear full lace wigs over em.

If our poor heads could talk, I tell ya!
Forget history... every woman's hair-story is telling part of her evolution as an individual...

As for the lace front wigs...may I ask where you can get good ones in Atlanta and how much the going rate is...

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
I honestly hate weave, especially when it's multiple or different colors.

My girl wears weave and she always ask me if I like it after she gets it done and the answer 99.9% of the time is "you know I don't like weave."

If you're gonna rock a weave at least make it a good weave that looks real, not those stupid wave switches that look like fucking multi colored mops.

P.S. I love the process of women getting weaves or any other hair style because I make money from that.

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
If our poor heads could talk, I tell ya!
Forget history... every woman's hair-story is telling part of her evolution as an individual...

As for the lace front wigs...may I ask where you can get good ones in Atlanta and how much the going rate is...

You will pay more to buy one here. About 500-700 bucks.

www.simply25.com This lady charged 600 for the wig and application.

It was flawless but now I order custom through a Chinese vendor which is where most of the lace wigs are constructed. I am actually waiting on 2 now. Custome units take about 30 days to construct.

http://www.themakeupbarlounge.com/ is in the Camp Creek Marketplace and I found out on Fridays there is a lady that sells and applies lace units starting at $399.

And there is a spot off of Windy Hill Rd. called American Wigs & Fashion that sells them and applies them.

Oh and before people start tripping about cost, the wigs can last a year or even longer with proper care.

sexylegz33

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Right now I'm rocking braid extensions. My natural hair is shoulder length and is naturally sandy brown. I like changing the color sometimes. It makes life so much easier too. I'm dieting and working out and braids stay tight no matter how hard I'm working out. Saves a lot of time in the mornings when rushing to get ready for work too. Braids, weaves, wigs, all help sistahs maintain the health of their natural hair. Most women get weaves for style, to change things up a bit, or if they are in the process of growing their natural hair. Wearing weaves helps us avoid putting unnecessary heat on our own hair which can be damaging.

gonzo8402

Star
Registered
Thats fair...so I am thinking if this girl came up to you wearing the same outfit she is in the pic (and the same hair) wanting to get a little piece of gonzo in her life...it would be a no huh?

mr%20little.jpg

:lol: yo is that a helicopter?!?:smh:

nah..i think i'd gracefully decline her offer:)

thighsneyez22

Back for the First Time
BGOL Investor
I honestly hate weave, especially when it's multiple or different colors.

My girl wears weave and she always ask me if I like it after she gets it done and the answer 99.9% of the time is "you know I don't like weave."

If you're gonna rock a weave at least make it a good weave that looks real, not those stupid wave switches that look like fucking multi colored mops.

P.S. I love the process of women getting weaves or any other hair style because I make money from that.

Are you Korean? j/k

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor

Weaves and braids are essentially extensions. But when you talk about extensions it's understood you are referring to braids.

Many men assume women who were braids add hair to it and alot of women don't. Alot of men now assume that if you're a sista and your hair is long, that it's a weave. Also a terrible misconception.

When I wear lace wigs, men cannot tell one bit. But since I'm not a liar, I tell them it's a wig anyway. I've never been big on lying about my hair.

bigirl

BGOL Investor
the thing about adding a little extension to braids/cornrows is then they last so much longer. a month or 2 with and a week to 10 days without. the key is to add just a little bit. nothing looks worse than when too much extension is added like how the Africans love to do.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Are you Korean? j/k

Na i'm 100% negro.

The reason I said I make money during the process will reveal itself sometime this month on the SOL, hopefully.

I actually used to have shoulder length braids but I got tired of finding someone dependable to braid/wash the shit was a pain in the ass so I see where women are coming from when they say their hair can be a pain.

thighsneyez22

Back for the First Time
BGOL Investor
Speaking of hair issues... dudes you've heard of the Jim Jones' "Balling" but have you heard of this dudes "BALDING"?...

Ladies... Everyone wants someone who is BALLING, but how do you feel about a man thats visibly BALDING? Is a BALDING man a deal breaker for you?

Men... How do you maintain your "head" game? Every time you wash/comb your hair are you left with a sense of "loss"? If so, how do you deal with it?

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/iEaweZ94aWg&rel=1 [/flash]

Last edited:

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
pssst... I think you and I are the only one who actually watched the vid...

I watched it :lol: Ridiculous!

I have never worn a straight weave, but I have worn braid extensions (I consider that weave Thighs its really no different). I wore them like chi-cutie the first time I stopped using chemicals. I did not like them. I don't like the feel of faux hair in general. I like to touch my hair and not be afraid for men to touch it so the tactile weirdness of it discouraged me. The second time I went natural I just toughed it out while my hair grew rather than get extensions.

Those lace fronts look real natural and I'm sure don't feel like that plastic yaky from the Korean store :smh:. Whatever works for you. My one pet peeve is walking out the house and seeing abandoned weave hair in the streets like on the video. :confused:

I wear wigs on Halloween. It's fun!

bigirl

BGOL Investor
I My one pet peeve is walking out the house and seeing abandoned weave hair in the streets like on the video. :confused:

:roflmao: i see that shit all the time in brooklyn it looks SOOOOO disgusting blowing around in the wind like tumbleweeds :smh:

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor

I have never worn a straight weave, but I have worn braid extensions (I consider that weave Thighs its really no different). I wore them like chi-cutie the first time I stopped using chemicals. I did not like them. I don't like the feel of faux hair in general. I like to touch my hair and not be afraid for men to touch it so the tactile weirdness of it discouraged me. The second time I went natural I just toughed it out while my hair grew rather than get extensions.

Those lace fronts look real natural and I'm sure don't feel like that plastic yaky from the Korean store :smh:. Whatever works for you. My one pet peeve is walking out the house and seeing abandoned weave hair in the streets like on the video. :confused:

Yes lace units are generally real Indian, Chinese or Brazilian hair.

And I don't know why women wear weaves with synthetic hair. But I always wore them with real hair and noone could be the wiser.

bigirl

BGOL Investor
And I don't know why women wear weaves with synthetic hair. But I always wore them with real hair and noone could be the wiser.
I know alot wear synthetic because its alot cheaper. I had done both and actually the synthetic would stay fresh looking alot longer.

thighsneyez22

Back for the First Time
BGOL Investor

Izzy!

May I call you that? Yay for wigs on Holloween... and natural feeling "hair" of all kinds :)

Next time my "helpers" have done their days...I will definitely remember to dispose of them properly...!

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
:roflmao: i see that shit all the time in brooklyn it looks SOOOOO disgusting blowing around in the wind like tumbleweeds :smh:

I know- ghetto ass tumbleweeds. Nasty!

Izzy!

May I call you that? Yay for wigs on Holloween... and natural feeling "hair" of all kinds

Next time my "helpers" have done their days...I will definitely remember to dispose of them properly...!

LOL! Helpers- I like that. I dunno Thighs seems like they manage to form a coalition and make a run for the street. Watch em! Please do call me Izzy and thanks these hillarious vids.

Last edited: