Blade / Mahershala Ali | Official Thread | Marvel Studios

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Aaron Pierre exits Marvel's Blade movie: 'As the project evolved, I’m no longer part of that'​

Mahershala Ali is still the only confirmed star of the upcoming MCU project about the superhero vampire hunter.
By
Christian Holub

Published on March 18, 2024

Marvel's Blade movie has lost a cast member. Actor Aaron Pierre told Variety over the weekend that he is no longer part of the upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe film, which is set to star Mahershala Ali as the titular vampire hunter.

“Early on, there were conversations,” Pierre told Variety on the red carpet for the 55th NAACP Image Awards on Saturday. “As the project evolved, I’m no longer part of that."

Representatives for Pierre and Marvel Studios did not immediately respond to EW's request for additional comment.

Aaron Pierre attends the 55th Annual NAACP Awards at the Shrine Auditorium and Expo Hall on March 16, 2024 in Los Angeles, California.

Aaron Pierre.
MATT WINKELMEYER/GETTY
Pierre still has another big Disney project on the books: He's set to star as the voice of the title role in Mufasa: The Lion King, reuniting him with director Barry Jenkins after their work together on The Underground Railroad. He also recently starred as Malcolm X on Genius: MLK/X.

Aside from Ali, who is still set to star as the half-vampire superhero originally played by Wesley Snipes, Blade has been a bit of a revolving door for talent. Bassam Tariq was initially announced as director, but departed the project in September 2022, two months ahead of when filming was supposed to start; he was replaced by Lovecraft Country's Yann Demange a few months later.

This chaos echoes Thunderbolts, another upcoming MCU project that has also signed and then lost big-name talent like Steven Yeun and Ayo Edebiri. Production on Blade was further delayed by last year's Hollywood labor strikes, but Ali told EW in December that he was confident about the future.

“I’m really encouraged with the direction of the project," Ali said then. "I think we’ll be back at it relatively soon.”

Blade is currently set for theatrical release on Nov. 7, 2025.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

Aaron Pierre exits Marvel's Blade movie: 'As the project evolved, I’m no longer part of that'​

Mahershala Ali is still the only confirmed star of the upcoming MCU project about the superhero vampire hunter.
By
Christian Holub

Marvel's Blade movie has lost a cast member. Actor Aaron Pierre told Variety over the weekend that he is no longer part of the upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe film, which is set to star Mahershala Ali as the titular vampire hunter.

“Early on, there were conversations,” Pierre told Variety on the red carpet for the 55th NAACP Image Awards on Saturday. “As the project evolved, I’m no longer part of that."

Representatives for Pierre and Marvel Studios did not immediately respond to EW's request for additional comment.

Aaron Pierre attends the 55th Annual NAACP Awards at the Shrine Auditorium and Expo Hall on March 16, 2024 in Los Angeles, California.

Aaron Pierre.
MATT WINKELMEYER/GETTY
Pierre still has another big Disney project on the books: He's set to star as the voice of the title role in Mufasa: The Lion King, reuniting him with director Barry Jenkins after their work together on The Underground Railroad. He also recently starred as Malcolm X on Genius: MLK/X.

Aside from Ali, who is still set to star as the half-vampire superhero originally played by Wesley Snipes, Blade has been a bit of a revolving door for talent. Bassam Tariq was initially announced as director, but departed the project in September 2022, two months ahead of when filming was supposed to start; he was replaced by Lovecraft Country's Yann Demange a few months later.

This chaos echoes Thunderbolts, another upcoming MCU project that has also signed and then lost big-name talent like Steven Yeun and Ayo Edebiri. Production on Blade was further delayed by last year's Hollywood labor strikes, but Ali told EW in December that he was confident about the future.

“I’m really encouraged with the direction of the project," Ali said then. "I think we’ll be back at it relatively soon.”

Wish this film the best, hope it's the best marvel ever made but damn if this thing doesn't sound like it's had a rocky development :smh: by the time they start filming your boy might need a cane instead of a sword.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Wish this film the best, hope it's the best marvel ever made but damn if this thing doesn't sound like it's had a rocky development :smh: by the time they start filming your boy might need a cane instead of a sword.
They forgot what blade had to go through when Wesley did. People forget that part cause the movie did what it did. Blade was a movie that never should have been made.

U cant just throw anybody in it. They could have at least let snipes over see it

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor

By
Christian Holub

Aaron Pierre.
MATT WINKELMEYER/GETTY

Blade and GTA 6 in the same year? '25 might be one for the history books.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
When they chose marshal I was like u minus whale go with Wes. Marsh about to be 50.

I was cool with it ESPECAILLY after how he played Cottonmouth

But I ALWAYS wanted Wesley to be included and I stand on my prediction that he was ALWAYS gonna be included day one.

What you said was so smart though... it DOES look easy NOW.

Everyone forgetting history because of the positive FINAL RESULT

Everyone wants to forget the STRUGGLE these ORIGINAL projects went through to build these studios and properties to where they are NOW.

I been recommending that Marvel Universe book for awhile now its a good read and cuts out all the speculation and rewritten history and states FACTS on how all this stuff started.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
They forgot what blade had to go through when Wesley did. People forget that part cause the movie did what it did. Blade was a movie that never should have been made.

U cant just throw anybody in it. They could have at least let snipes over see it
Snipes and Goyer. That said, I didn't really care for the direction the trilogy took personally. Then again, I don't know what I would've done differently.

keone

International Member
I was cool with it ESPECAILLY after how he played Cottonmouth

But I ALWAYS wanted Wesley to be included and I stand on my prediction that he was ALWAYS gonna be included day one.

What you said was so smart though... it DOES look easy NOW.

Everyone forgetting history because of the positive FINAL RESULT

Everyone wants to forget the STRUGGLE these ORIGINAL projects went through to build these studios and properties to where they are NOW.

I been recommending that Marvel Universe book for awhile now its a good read and cuts out all the speculation and rewritten history and states FACTS on how all this stuff started.
Right, thats why he deserves the credit for bringing marvel back. Cause he mastermind put people in position to succeed. And the product came out wonderful. shit as dope as jai white is he would prolly f it up.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Right, thats why he deserves the credit for bringing marvel back. Cause he mastermind put people in position to succeed. And the product came out wonderful. shit as dope as jai white is he would prolly f it up.

It was Snipes passion and commitment and performance that made that happen

But the same way you want history to be correct?

we CANNOT forget the writer director special effects cinematography and producers etc who all made that 1st movie a classic.

Wes couldn't just snap his fingers and get that movie green lit.

I just really want his blessing on this project and for him to be a part.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

By
Christian Holub

Aaron Pierre.
MATT WINKELMEYER/GETTY

Fuck it!!..Just cancelled this movie!!... :smh:

keone

International Member
It was Snipes passion and commitment and performance that made that happen

But the same way you want history to be correct?

we CANNOT forget the writer director special effects cinematography and producers etc who all made that 1st movie a classic.

Wes couldn't just snap his fingers and get that movie green lit.

I just really want his blessing on this project and for him to be a part.
I hear u. But what Im saying is his production company picked up the project and Wes got goyer. Wes was big star then so Wes was the one that got the ball rolling.

Last edited:

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
My brother

I defend that movie to the death
I'm curious to know why you thought it was superior. The entire look of the film was different from the original. It was like it was trying to go for a Matrix look thematically. Then bringing back Whistler was such Hollywood BS. It was MCU before the MCU.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm curious to know why you thought it was superior. The entire look of the film was different from the original. It was like it was trying to go for a Matrix look thematically. Then bringing back Whistler was such Hollywood BS. It was MCU before the MCU.

Oh its not BETTER

but in its own way its also a classic.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
I hear u. But what Im saying is his production company picked up the project and Wes got goyer. Wes was big star then so Wes was the one that got the ball rolling.
I wasn't trying to take anything away from Wes, I just think we should get the original crew back together. Hell, even the director Norrington, whose masterpiece is certainly Blade, might be worth bringing back.