R.I.P. MF DOOM. He joined the ancestors on October 31st...

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
DOOM was a very private person and his wife respected his wishes. Plus she needed time to grieve. She lost her son and her husband in a short span of time. I’m logging off til tomorrow lost too many close friends this year.

I think whats crazy is that he was cool with people.....seems like it would've come out by now. Even if they kept it quiet and on hush...someone had to be like damn where the hell did been at? Shit his fans was wondering it.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To this day, Doom doesn’t get the respect he deserves. I remember when I was trying to put folks on Doom back in 2004. Kats would look at me like I was crazy.

I realized that Doom was only meant for the ones meant to understand his style. This one hurts like Dilla’s passing.
Man I was one of them dudes from the 2000's who didn't get it. Hated it. Shit was off beat and sounded weird......

It took me about 10 years to finally appreciate it after I heard MMmmmmFood......His lyrics were damn near like reading a comic. Watching a movie.

He's gonna be one of those guys like Dilla that gets a lot of love after death. A lot of these young Tik Tok generation is gonna eventually get put on to him and they're mind is going to be blown. IMO, he was ahead of his time.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
DOOM was a very private person and his wife respected his wishes. Plus she needed time to grieve. She lost her son and her husband in a short span of time. I’m logging off til tomorrow lost too many close friends this year.

Peace brother

Prayers going out to you and your family to have a safe and healthy New Year

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To this day, Doom doesn’t get the respect he deserves. I remember when I was trying to put folks on Doom back in 2004. Kats would look at me like I was crazy.

I realized that Doom was only meant for the ones meant to understand his style. This one hurts like Dilla’s passing.
Dilla, Nipsey and Doom are the only deaths that made me shed tears

JustChillin

Electric Relaxation
BGOL Investor
First time I heard Doom he was on the last song on the De La Soul album “The Grind Date” song called Rock Cocaine Flow. Shit is a hard ass song.

He had a unique, voice flow and presence on the track. When I read that he produced it as well, I became intrigued.

Then I heard Operation Doomsday and that shit was on repeat for months. Gas Drawls is a masterclass of Hiphop.

Then of course his work with Masta Ace, the CLASSIC Madvillian album and others come to mind.

This shit hurts man. RIP to a legend man

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man I was one of them dudes from the 2000's who didn't get it. Hated it. Shit was off beat and sounded weird......

It took me about 10 years to finally appreciate it after I heard MMmmmmFood......His lyrics were damn near like reading a comic. Watching a movie.

He's gonna be one of those guys like Dilla that gets a lot of love after death. A lot of these young Tik Tok generation is gonna eventually get put on to him and they're mind is going to be blown. IMO, he was ahead of his time.

You’re absolutely right. This younger generation is going to explode over his music because it fits right into this current comic book generation.

I’m glad you came around, fam. Lol.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You’re absolutely right. This younger generation is going to explode over his music because it fits right into this current comic book generation.

I’m glad you came around, fam. Lol.
Man I can't even say how or why I did.....its like the music sounded different 10 years later lol. But you're right....he fits exactly what this young generation loves.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
YellowishThisBlackmamba-max-1mb.gif

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Yo man I can't believe this shit. Today out of the blue I decided to reach out to my boy who I haven't seen since q-tine and sent this as a "Happy Holidays":

..unknowingly. Damn. RIP brother.