Rest In Peace Aretha Franklin - Queen Of Soul

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Chaka Khan is up next.... she was supposed to perform at 12:36 and it is now 3:06 so they are only TWO AND A HALF HOURS behind schedule :scream:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Dozens of pink Cadillacs parked outside Aretha Franklin's funeral in Detroit to honor the "Queen of Soul" https://cnn.it/2PhSbDK
40458248_2104431772934890_1984365733605277696_n.jpg

General Motors came all the way through! Beautiful
looks like a Mary Kay convention... I wonder how many of those cars got MK stickers in the bck windows....

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor
Chaka's FIVE minute tribute only took TWELVE minutes... oh wait... she's coming back out for an encore...

Oh lawd,... Ron Isley has already used three minutes with a rambling introduction and he hasn't even started singing yet!
:itsawrap:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Chaka's FIVE minute tribute only took TWELVE minutes... oh wait... she's coming back out for an encore...

Oh lawd,... Ron Isley has already used three minutes with a rambling introduction and he hasn't even started singing yet!
:itsawrap:
ok -maybe 12 hours total run time

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
O.k., this may be inappropriate, but what the fuck is Cicely Tyson wearing at Areatha's funeral? That hat looks like the helmet dude wore in Spaceballs.

cicely-tyson-aretha-franklin-hat-embed.jpg

mgm-AZ_87064M-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1483993511058._RI_SX940_.jpg

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
How long is this funeral?

Originally it was said it would be 6-8 hours. I don't know why BET only had 3 hours scheduled. People who set their dvrs for that are gonna be heated. I'm hoping it clears up by 5:30. tho or I need to reset my recording time.

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Have you been to the hand identity thread? Stop throwing shade at our elders. She is 93 years old. If she wants to block the sun with her hat, we let her do so without comment.
Says who? And making a mild joke about her attire is not disrespecting her. People say a lot worse things about elders at church.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
This is the Gif I was waiting for. Maxine when she got her shoutout... #WakandaForever

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Originally it was said it would be 6-8 hours. I don't know why BET only had 3 hours scheduled. People who set their dvrs for that are gonna be heated. I'm hoping it clears up by 5:30. tho or I need to reset my recording time.

I hope I can get full copy online .. Even some of the streams have been cut short.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I hope I can get full copy online .. Even some of the streams have been cut short.

If BET is good to us they will air a replay sometime this weekend. If I had been thinking I'd have tried to capture the livestream.

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor
Cicely Tyson is the resident church mother for this fune. Don’t y’all get it twisted: late, walked up and sat in her rightful place up front.
Sheeeeeeit! I'm just hoping this homegoing doesn't run over into Venus and Serena at 7:00pm.
:scared:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
If BET is good to us they will air a replay sometime this weekend. If I had been thinking I'd have tried to capture the livestream.
as usual PBS is more reliable and has better quality than BET
after the event ends - the stream link I posted should be replayable for a few days atleast

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor

We are in the Youtube era,

The Royal Family has the Wedding of Harry and Meghan up for viewing

All those network should leave this up for permanent viewing.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
as usual PBS is more reliable and has better quality than BET
after the event ends - the stream link I posted should be replayable for a few days atleast

I didn't even think of PBS. I wasn't expecting to be home today, but my work schedule changed.