RIP to the G.O.A.T. Muhammad Ali

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
768d4f6e52a6a4a74ed096f9541709aa.jpg

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
R.I.P. to the greatest of all time. I remember when he fought George Foreman for the Heavyweight title. Two of my friends and I were listening to the fight on the radio. We were getting the round by round updates, then all of a sudden the announcer said "the fight is over". Our hearts begin to beat 100 MPH, then he said Muhammad "Ali is the New Heavyweight Champion of the Word", we went nuts. It was a great night. My buddy Joe Duce and I were talking about that night a few weeks ago.

Another Memorable night was Muhammad Ali's first fight with Joe Frazier. My Dad took me and my brother down to the Municipal Auditorium to watch the fight on Close Circuit TV, That was the way we watched fights in those days. I remember that night fondly because we were there to watch a great fight, but it was a memorable night because it was guys night out with my Dad and my brother. Well Muhammad Ali lost the fight and I remember crying in the car as we were heading back to the house. I wasn't boo-hooing, just sad. Muhammad Ali was a hero to all of us, bigger than life itself. It was a sad day.

R.I.P. Champ - HNIC :cheers:

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
It's something to see this mans hurst being driven thru a city where, on one side (West) he was beloved as its native son and yet, he couldn't even get served in a restaurant after coming back home an Olympic gold medalist.

This possession is somewhat moving though; the folks out in the streets to honor him is just great.

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rev Cosby (Louisville St Stephen's church) - "It's easy to bet on the horse when he's in the winning circle, a lot of people would bet on a horse on once he's got the roses around his neck, but it's struggling masses who bet on horse when he's at the gate or struggling in the mud." (I'm paraphrasing but y'all get the message).

He set the tone properly. Let's see how the rest goes.

Last edited:

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
can someone please post the funeral once its over? Dont need the entire thing...like Bill Clinton etc....just the key moments. Thanks