Prince really couldn't sing

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Shit is subjective. Prince had a unique voice and it blended exceptionally well with his musical style. He could definitely sing, just didn't have a traditional voice. Keith Sweat couldn't sing. Al B Sure debunked the falsetto debate, that Dude definitely couldn't sing. Prince displayed a technique and a range that showed that he intentionally modded his voice to support his music. Luther could sing, but can you imagine him covering Prince songs? Shit would be awkward sounding as hell... Prince could sing, just not in the 'classic' sense, which is what made him vocally special...

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit is subjective. Prince had a unique voice and it blended exceptionally well with his musical style. He could definitely sing, just didn't have a traditional voice. Keith Sweat couldn't sing. Al B Sure debunked the falsetto debate, that Dude definitely couldn't sing. Prince displayed a technique and a range that showed that he intentionally modded his voice to support his music. Luther could sing, but can you imagine him covering Prince songs? Shit would be awkward sounding as hell... Prince could sing, just not in the 'classic' sense, which is what made him vocally special...
ITS SO SIMPLE,PEOPLE THINK IF U AINT BLOWING THE ROOF OFF LIKE ARETHA OR DONNY THEN U AINT "SANGING" :roflmao:

Sea Bastid

Rising Star
Registered
Prince has an incredible vocal range. I became a fan because I enjoyed listening to the various vocal ranges in his songs. To say he can't sing is silly.

Cosign. OP should have just went with "Am I the only one that doesn't like the way Prince sings" I even tried listening to [If I was your girlfriend] by some cover band on youtube when I couldn't find the original.
Dude tried to sound like Prince but it only made me more depressed I couldn't find the original. Nothing could compare...pun intended

Last edited:

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
Cosign. OP should have just went with "I am I the only one that doesn't like the way Prince sings" I even tried listening to If I was your girlfriend by some cover band on youtube when I couldn't find the original. Dude tried to sound like Prince but it only made me more depressed I could find the original song because nothing could compare...pun intended
Have you read the thread? Multiple people agree with me.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
A dumb ass thread by a retarded OP who knows jackshit about music.
I don't know shit about music? Bitch you swear you are hip hop but you don't even live in our country...fucking funny talking nigga talking about "That's not real hip hop bruv".

Here is a secret bitch nigga: Grime was not the beginning of hip-hop

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
I was jamming Diamonds and pearls earlier and I started thinking to my self..."Shit Prince really couldn't fucking sing". I am a big Prince fan cause the boyb was a musically genius but to keep it real, fam just couldn't sing! This is not a troll thread I am dead serious!

Do y'all thing Prince had real singing chops?

Keep shit 100 too!

FLoss

“You better learn to work with the illegals nigga”
BGOL Investor
There is a huge difference between not having Whitney Houston range and not being able to sing. Prince didn't have legendary pipes, but to say he couldn't sing .... c'mon bruh

A dumb ass thread by a retarded OP who knows jackshit about music.

Prince has an incredible vocal range. I became a fan because I enjoyed listening to the various vocal ranges in his songs. To say he can't sing is silly.

Terrible thread.

Enough said.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Prince sang well.

He had solid dynamics, excellent vocal control, good pitch, sang complex runs effortlessly, ad-libbed well and had an extremely wide vocal range that spanned from soprano to bass.

A vocal range like that is extremely rare for ANY singer.
Prince often would switch from one range to another within the same song (Little Red Corvette, Adore). In 'Damn U', he went from soprano to bass within a single line. :eek2:

Prince had MANY vocal weapons in his arsenal.

If his voice isn't your cup of tea, that's understandable. Everyone has their preferences. But without question the man could sing.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
When people say shit like "Prince can't sing" it just shows the haterade in their veins. That is a BIG ass jump and nobody with any sense would even entertain that thought.
Prince was not a conventional singer. Was he the BEST vocalist ever? No. But "can't sing" is just some bullshit. If he couldn't sing, he couldn't do all of his harmonies - which he did. He wasn't Luther but that doesn't equal not singing. That William Hung dude from American Idol couldn't sing. That is "can't sing". Furthermore, while you are entitled to your opinion, who the hell are you to say so? you could be deaf for all we know? You could be tone deaf? How do we even know that you know what singing is?
I question your judgment, son.

KingAddies

Rising Star
Registered
His voice did not crack once...AND it was a live performance.

I only entered this thread to say the same thing. Prince could pull off the same vocals on stage and in the studio. Not a lot of singers could do that. I have been to a lot of concerts and Will Downing is the only other singer that has an album quality stage performance, even Maysa and Blue drop a note or two time to time.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I have seen Prince more than six or seven times live in concert. Knuckleheads think that they can listen to a recording and determine whether someone can sing or not sing. Most of the muhfuckas they think can sing sound like shit live.

Everything Prince did on a recording, HE COULD DO LIVE! And singing is included in that.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The first few concerts I saw, he didn't even take a break. When the band would break he would just sit at the piano, playing and singing.

HE WOULD JUST SIT AT THE PIANO PLAYING AND SINGING...... NO autotune, no distortion, just a live voice over a live mic...sanging...

Clowns....

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Prince sang well.

He had solid dynamics, excellent vocal control, good pitch, sang complex runs effortlessly, ad-libbed well and had an extremely wide vocal range that spanned from soprano to bass.

A vocal range like that is extremely rare for ANY singer.
Prince often would switch from one range to another within the same song (Little Red Corvette, Adore). In 'Damn U', he went from soprano to bass within a single line. :eek2:

Prince had MANY vocal weapons in his arsenal.

If his voice isn't your cup of tea, that's understandable. Everyone has their preferences. But without question the man could sing.

That's all she wrote.