First Look At Wonder Woman In Batman V Superman......What's the Verdict??????

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
yeah, what a crappy movie. I guess you know better than all of that.

:hmm:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas won an Oscar for best makeup. The Golden Compass got one for best visual effects. Butterfield 8 got one for best actress. Alice in Wonderland got one for Best Art Direction.

you know what all those movies have in common? less than 55% on Rotten Tomatoes, making all of them ROTTEN.

hell, BATTLESHIP got a nomination.

like i said, Oscar nominations dont mean a movie or an actor's work in it is good. sometimes they are given because the panel has ignored a certain actor so long they feel like its time to make up for it. you see how many great performances from Denzel that got overlooked until they DECIDED to give him one? other times people vote for movies that they ADMIT they havent seen.

and besides all of that, i NEVER let a bunch of old white men tell me what movies are good and what aint. so this list doesnt impress me.

i said it before and i'll say it again, just cause Heath Ledger got nominations and awards for his portrayal of the Joker DOESNT MEAN IT WAS EXCEPTIONAL. it means some folks voted for it. THATS ALL.

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
Why are y'all dudes even arguin' over this stupid shit that y'all are arguin' about??? Err'body ain't gon' agree on da same shit.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
How the Grinch Stole Christmas won an Oscar for best makeup. The Golden Compass got one for best visual effects. Butterfield 8 got one for best actress. Alice in Wonderland got one for Best Art Direction.

you know what all those movies have in common? less than 55% on Rotten Tomatoes, making all of them ROTTEN.

like i said, Oscar nominations dont mean a movie or an actor's work in it is good. sometimes they are given because the panel has ignored a certain actor so long they feel like its time to make up for it. you see how many great performances from Denzel that got overlooked until they DECIDED to give him one? other times people vote for movies that they ADMIT they havent seen.

and besides all of that, i NEVER let a bunch of old white men tell me what movies are good and what aint. so this list doesnt impress me.

i said it before and i'll say it again, just cause Heath Ledger got nominations and awards for his portrayal of the Joker DOESNT MEAN IT WAS EXCEPTIONAL. it means some folks voted for it. THATS ALL.

sigh logical fallacy argument. you're not going to admit the truth so this is pointless. visual effects have absolutely nothing to do with the overall movie. I gave examples of actual things that matter that won Oscars.

If you are attempting to discredit the Oscars then it would be futile. They are hit and miss sometimes but if you see their countless wins and nominations and watched them, you would see there is a parallel to good movies. You want to put the spotlight on a few, I can bombard you with wins that were spot on.

btw, I gave imdb and amazon reviews too. that's from the people and not the Oscars. You are reaching.

Let's just leave it at the people that went to film school, involved in film their entire lives, and study it see it one way, along with 90% of the public, and you sitting on your couch see it another way.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
sigh logical fallacy argument. you're not going to admit the truth so this is pointless.

btw, I gave imdb and amazon reviews too. that's from the people and not the Oscars. You are reaching.

Let's just leave it at the people that went to film school, involved in film their entire lives, and study it see it one way, along with 90% of the public, and you sitting on your couch see it another way.

Yeah, he's just windmilling. The point has been proven, he just won't admit it.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
too skinny

Here ya go, brah:

Fat-wonder-woman.jpg

AllState17

Star
Registered

Just so I'm clear... what exactly is your opinion of Ledger's Joker and what factors do you consider to be relevant to this discussion?

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
you have no clue what constitutes a great film then and don't understand the basic process of creating a great film. theres a reason Nolan is more respected than any of those cheesy marvel directors. fun=dumbed down. the plots are terrible and the villians are trash. they are designed for 13 year olds. if that's where your intelligence is in sync, have fun at it.

pretentious? :lol: im sensing a bit of inferiority of not understanding them. you mad at Nolan cause you didn't understand inception?

Nolan's batman was the best acted out of all the superhero movies. sorry.

unless you telling me hemswoth got nominated for thor?

Batman begins was the best and most realistic and true to the Batman from the comics.

The rest of them are not comic book adaptations at all, and not a realistic as you think. I don't know why so many have a problem with that?

Tim Burton's first batman/Joker were closer to the books than Nolans, and I prefer Jack's version as he actually made me laugh.

Also, as far as acting, RDJ's Tony Stark in Iron Man 1 is the closest anyone has gotten to nailing the tone of an actual comic character in my opinion.

Anyway, carry on..

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
too skinny

I like the outfit but she too fucking skinny

:lol::lol::lol:

that's no different than just about everyone at my gym. :smh::smh::smh:

mofos have arms like popeye and legs like olive oyl.

CO SIGN ALL DAY.

If they had to go to Fast and Furious, they SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH GINA CARANO. Thats actually Supes woman in real life so maybe that was a deal changer but man she coulda done it and looked better doing it.

Its not that I dont like the skinny french girl, I just dont see the far strtech in physical oomph they want her to climb to. We shall see what her workout is and how much weight she put on after the fact. Its very possible for women to change their bodies and up the ante for a film. Shit, Jennifer Lopez had to eat, workout and do squats for a year to show she could portray Selena. Scarlett packed on muscle in Iron Man 2 and Avengers, then lost it for Cap 2. Charlize in Monster. Angela in Tina Turners bio pick.

Ill give her some credit but her trainers gotta push her harder man. Kinda like when they redid Streetfighter (I know, I know...) but that wannabe Asian chick from Smallville LOOKED NOTHING like Chun Li, refused to eat, refused to go to the gym, refused to gain weight and fucked the whole movie before they even started filming.

Ben looks the part. Henry is Supes, fuck the naysayers and well... one bad wheel and the whole bandwagon goes down. I hope its not her.

oNE

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
Acting - It’s not just WHAT you say… but HOW you say it. :yes:

Actors ‘make choices’ on how to play a scene. They choose their vocal intonations, subtle gestures & glances, their body language, menacing looks, speech patterns, tonality, etc, etc.

I don’t just look at how a villain ‘delivers his lines’.. but how they effectively communicate to the audience that ‘they mean business’. :yes:

What’s their approach? It is serious? Angry? Informal? Hostile? Playful? Sinister? Giddy?

Think about it.

So I put Bane ahead of Zodd because to me Tom Hardy showed better ‘range’ as an actor since he did not need to yell or scream to get his point across. :smh:

For example, in the scene when Bane killed Dagett… he COULD HAVE bitch-smacked him FIRST, or yelled at him… or put his hands around his throat, or chose a hundred OTHER different ways to intimidate him 'physically'.

But instead, he decides to let his brutality have a very subtle & nuanced approach to it. :cool:

Bane simply rests his open palm on Daggett's shoulder to let him know … IT’S OVER, BRUH. :yes:

And asks him ONE simple question: “Do you FEEL in charge?” :rolleyes:

C’mon son. :D

Actors make choices. In both their ’delivery’ and ‘body language’.

And Tom Hardy made a great acting choice, imo - to use a highly “understated” method of communication in this scene.

His 'body language' said it all. :yes:

Right down to the intense, 'evil stare' he gives Daggett during his final moments.

Zod never did anything as 'memorable' as this. :smh:

Now here, Bane makes killing his own men look sooooo ‘effortless’.

He doesn’t even look at the dude as he crushes his larynx. :smh:

Afterward, he taps the other dudes chest twice... right before putting a QUICK bullet in him. :rolleyes:

Now THAT is truly ruthless. :cool:

That gets the point across. Brilliantly.

And tells the audience, if you did not know it before this moment… “I AM BOUT THAT LIFE” :hmm:

And here Bane shows up… all ‘chest out’… ready to split Batman’s wig in HALF. :yes:

Just listen to how Bane delivers his lines during the fight scenes. The ‘way he talks’ to Batman & the inflections of his voice alternates between quite smug, to menacing, to authoritative, or he sounds just plain berserk & even condescending, at times. :dunno:

As you can see, Tom Hardy puts ALOT of ‘variation’ into these few lines of dialogue while he opens a can of whupass. :yes:

- “Let’s not stand on ceremony here…….. Mr. Wayne.”

- “Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you”

- “You fight like a younger man. With nothing held back. Admirable. But clearly mistaken.”

- “The shadows betray you.. because they belong to ME” :hmm:

Now I will agree, this was Zod’s very BEST scene in this movie. :yes:

Because it really showed-off Michael Shannon's ‘acting chops’ and made the audience sympathize with him... if only for a moment.

He showed the most ‘range’ in the delivery of this monologue, than he did in the entire movie. :yes:

At the end of the day, BOTH were really good supervillains, but I believe Bane/Tom Hardy displayed better ‘body language’ & ‘vocal variation’ as he delivered his lines.

Putting all superpowers aside… Bane did enough to be considered the bigger threat onscreen, as far as acting goes, in my book.

Just my opinion.

OH YEAH... WOW...

Greta observations fam. This is everything they want you to look for in writing a Heavy and writing a good one.

Getting an actor that understands EXACTLY what he is doing with The Heavy, his mannerisms and even the amount of dialogue they use (or dont use) is great story telling.

Even in a lackluster movie or even a bomb, their performances can still shine.

oNE

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Acting - It’s not just WHAT you say… but HOW you say it. :yes:

Actors ‘make choices’ on how to play a scene. They choose their vocal intonations, subtle gestures & glances, their body language, menacing looks, speech patterns, tonality, etc, etc.

I don’t just look at how a villain ‘delivers his lines’.. but how they effectively communicate to the audience that ‘they mean business’. :yes:

What’s their approach? It is serious? Angry? Informal? Hostile? Playful? Sinister? Giddy?

Think about it.

So I put Bane ahead of Zodd because to me Tom Hardy showed better ‘range’ as an actor since he did not need to yell or scream to get his point across. :smh:

For example, in the scene when Bane killed Dagett… he COULD HAVE bitch-smacked him FIRST, or yelled at him… or put his hands around his throat, or chose a hundred OTHER different ways to intimidate him 'physically'.

But instead, he decides to let his brutality have a very subtle & nuanced approach to it. :cool:

Bane simply rests his open palm on Daggett's shoulder to let him know … IT’S OVER, BRUH. :yes:

And asks him ONE simple question: “Do you FEEL in charge?” :rolleyes:

C’mon son. :D

Actors make choices. In both their ’delivery’ and ‘body language’.

And Tom Hardy made a great acting choice, imo - to use a highly “understated” method of communication in this scene.

His 'body language' said it all. :yes:

Right down to the intense, 'evil stare' he gives Daggett during his final moments.

Zod never did anything as 'memorable' as this. :smh:

Now here, Bane makes killing his own men look sooooo ‘effortless’.

He doesn’t even look at the dude as he crushes his larynx. :smh:

Afterward, he taps the other dudes chest twice... right before putting a QUICK bullet in him. :rolleyes:

Now THAT is truly ruthless. :cool:

That gets the point across. Brilliantly.

And tells the audience, if you did not know it before this moment… “I AM BOUT THAT LIFE” :hmm:

And here Bane shows up… all ‘chest out’… ready to split Batman’s wig in HALF. :yes:

Just my opinion.

Good Stuff! The only thing I would argue is that you've given far too much credit to the individual actors. Particularly, how you state they are free to do or act a scene as they see fit? Unless your in Hollywood or have a great insight into those things professionally? Then i "Seriously" doubt they are given that much clout.

It's more than likely, those above the actors say, the director, wants most scenes done a certain way and as a result, the actor conforms to that vision.

In conclusion the actors play a role, But those "powers that be" play an equal if not greater role in how "Bane or Zodd" say, What they say!" After all the overall movie is based on the Directors, Producer, Writers vision and not the Actors.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Batman begins was the best and most realistic and true to the Batman from the comics.

The rest of them are not comic book adaptations at all, and not a realistic as you think. I don't know why so many have a problem with that?

Tim Burton's first batman/Joker were closer to the books than Nolans, and I prefer Jack's version as he actually made me laugh.

Also, as far as acting, RDJ's Tony Stark in Iron Man 1 is the closest anyone has gotten to nailing the tone of an actual comic character in my opinion.

Anyway, carry on..

Majority of people aren't comic nerds and there is no rule that's says you have to follow the comic book. You think movies that are biopics follow real life to a tee and books that turn into movies? You watch a movie based on the art itself. Youre Just trying to find something to hate