First Look At Wonder Woman In Batman V Superman......What's the Verdict??????

AllState17

Star
Registered
It looks great. It really does.

Im more interested in an actress who can act then whether she put enough muscle on.

Im shocked at the direction they are taking this but I hope they can pull it off.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
gladiator-thumbs-down.gif

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
It's Ok...
but this is why DC stay losing.
Looks like 300 meets Xena and its depressing and dark.

first mayne its a sepia pic...kinda like a brown version of a black and white picture done for dramatic effect.

second Xena looks like Wonder Woman, not the other way around. WW been rockin that Greek warrior shit on and off since her inception.

wonderwoman.jpg

2515430-695834_amazons.jpg

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
It's Ok...

but this is why DC stay losing.
Looks like 300 meets Xena and its depressing and dark
Marvel stuff always looks like a living breathing comic book
Bright dynamic full of energy light color power and wonder.
They need to get a whole new vision.
Everything can't be Nolans dystopian batman meets 300.

that's the reason I like it. marvel looks mad cheesy and preppy pep rally bullshit with nerdy heroes that would get bitch slapped in real life. it has its place, its fun, but I rather see introspective, dark characters that are flawed. the Nolan batmans blow out the water anything marvel has ever done and I like iron man and avengers.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
the Nolan batmans blow out the water anything marvel has ever done and I like iron man and avengers.

gotta disagree.

the nolan batman wasnt even batman. it wasnt even bruce wayne .

it was other guy named bruce wayne who happened to dress up like a superhero and do some really amateur shit for 15 minutes out of a 2 and a half hour movie.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
gotta disagree.

it was other guy named bruce wayne who happened to dress up like a superhero and do some really amateur shit for 15 minutes out of a 2 and a half hour movie.
???

and you neglected the villians. heath ledger performed better than any villain in any superhero movie by marvel. granted, the batman movies that were made in between roths and nolans were shitty, but the first and last one kill any marvel movie. don't get me wrong, I like the cheesy rah rah, super charm ironman, and nerdy spiderman wetting his pants when he sees a girl, but I prefer depth.

green goblin? gtfoh
mickey rooney? terrible
colin Farrell in daredevil? ........

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
the emotional spider-man 2 pissed me off yesterday so I'm feeling very anti-marvel right now lol but for real I'm getting annoyed w/ these pg/pg-13 superhero flicks

Chuckles

Support BGOL
Registered
gotta disagree.

This so much.

Nolan's was a piss poor Batman...in Begins dude rolled into Gotham knowing how to fight and nothing else.

Lucius Fox gave him the suit, the cape, the car, and devised the antidote to Scarecrow's toxin. Without Fox he was just a rich ass ninja.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
that's the reason I like it. marvel looks mad cheesy and preppy pep rally bullshit with nerdy heroes that would get bitch slapped in real life. it has its place, its fun, but I rather see introspective, dark characters that are flawed. the Nolan batmans blow out the water anything marvel has ever done and I like iron man and avengers.

NO!!! Don't get me started on that bullshit last Batman movie, that was the worst batman movie ever made, the ending sucked, how someone heals from a spine injury in couple days was some more bullshit to add to the long list of things that was wrong with the movie

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
the emotional spider-man 2 pissed me off yesterday so I'm feeling very anti-marvel right now lol but for real I'm getting annoyed w/ these pg/pg-13 superhero flicks
Word. I'm sick of 'em too but we'll never see a Carnage (or Venom), Deadpool or hell, Lobo or other characters on film that definitely nets a R rating b/c they won't sale toys.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
This so much.

Nolan's was a piss poor Batman...in Begins dude rolled into Gotham knowing how to fight and nothing else.

Lucius Fox gave him the suit, the cape, the car, and devised the antidote to Scarecrow's toxin. Without Fox he was just a rich ass ninja.

:smh: you don't understand movie cinema. I think you are taking nerdy comic shit into moviemaking. Filmwise, Nolan is the best director these comic movies have ever seen.

the character development in marvel movies is terrible. thor and capt America being the worst.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
NO!!! Don't get me started on that bullshit last Batman movie, that was the worst batman movie ever made, the ending sucked, how someone heals from a spine injury in couple days was some more bullshit to add to the long list of things that was wrong with the movie

Don't get me wrong, Dark Knight Rises was average at best. But it is, in NO WAY, the worst Batman film.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor

If you say that any Nolan Bat movie is worse than Schumacher, I automatically ignore you in any future Bat convo

Sent From My Galaxy S5

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor

:lol: I know you don't want to get into an argument about whats real in comic movies. like marvel doesn't have sins. you nitpicking and you know it.

that goes to show you had higher expectations. the hulk can expand and his shirt break off but his pants turn to shorts, and that makes sense

like I said, im all for the cheesy fun and I can bring my five year old nephew and talk about legos beforehand, but I would prefer the dc comic darker movies

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: I know you don't want to get into an argument about whats real in comic movies. like marvel doesn't have sins. you nitpicking and you know it.

that goes to show you had higher expectations. the hulk can expand and his shirt break off but his pants turn to shorts, and that makes sense

like I said, im all for the cheesy fun and I can bring my five year old nephew and talk about legos beforehand, but I would prefer the dc comic darker movies

There's a big difference between Nolan's Batman & Whedon's Hulk.

Nolan created his Batman to be "realistic". The Hulk is a comic character.

Batman was supposed to be grounded. But everything about his take was far more unrealistic then anything Burton did with the character.

Whedon isn't grounding the characters. Taking comic characters & putting them in realistic universes is awkward in my opinion.

They are about to do the same thing with the upcoming Superman sequel.

Extraordinary characters in a realistic world.

Chuckles

Support BGOL
Registered
:smh: you don't understand movie cinema. I think you are taking nerdy comic shit into moviemaking. Filmwise, Nolan is the best director these comic movies have ever seen.

the character development in marvel movies is terrible. thor and capt America being the worst.

I understand cinema perfectly and Nolan is one of the best directors working today which is why I said his Batman was piss poor not the film themselves.

What Nolan didn't seem to understand or care about was accurately portraying the Batman character.

Batman's two greatest accents have always been his intelligence and will (reasons why even Superman respects him as much as he does) both were sorely missing in the Nolan trilogy.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
There's a big difference between Nolan's Batman & Whedon's Hulk.

Nolan created his Batman to be "realistic". The Hulk is a comic character.

Batman was supposed to be grounded. But everything about his take was far more unrealistic then anything Burton did with the character.

Whedon isn't grounding the characters. Taking comic characters & putting them in realistic universes is awkward in my opinion.

They are about to do the same thing with the upcoming Superman sequel.

Extraordinary characters in a realistic world.

see you put dc comics are at a higher level from the jump, acknowledging they are superior. you are saying marvel gets to dumb down and not have to develop characters and somehow they are better than the comic movies that do. this is like saying oak academy is better than the Milwaukee bucks.

whedon makes fun movies but he cant touch Nolan in flmmaking

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
I understand cinema perfectly and Nolan is one of the best directors working today which is why I said his Batman was piss poor not the film themselves.

What Nolan didn't seem to understand or care about was accurately portraying the Batman character.

Batman's two greatest accents have always been his intelligence and will (reasons why even Superman respects him as much as he does) both were sorely missing in the Nolan trilogy.

I can concede that but film wise it was good. Staying true to the orig comic is another topic altogether. Some fans have to have it the same while others enjoy a good movie. You're like neil degrasses trying to enjoy Gravity.

Chuckles

Support BGOL
Registered
I can concede that but film wise it was good. Staying true to the orig comic is another topic altogether. Some fans have to have it the same while others enjoy a good movie. You're like neil degrasses trying to enjoy Gravity.

Its not that deep, Nolan wanted to do the Batman world in his vision a more 'gritty realism' and he largely succeeded; but what people have to understand is it worked because Batman is a street level hero...Nolan himself couldn't make that style work with characters like the Avengers or X-Men.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
???

and you neglected the villians. heath ledger performed better than any villain in any superhero movie by marvel. granted, the batman movies that were made in between roths and nolans were shitty, but the first and last one kill any marvel movie. don't get me wrong, I like the cheesy rah rah, super charm ironman, and nerdy spiderman wetting his pants when he sees a girl, but I prefer depth.

green goblin? gtfoh
mickey rooney? terrible
colin Farrell in daredevil? ........
Nolan's Joker was not the comic book Joker either, he was a terrorist anarchist without one ounce of the lethal comedic flair he had in the comics. i have no clue who that guy was. there was nothing interesting about Leger's portrayal to garner him so much acclaim. if he hadnt died i dont think it wouldve been hailed as much.

i have always been underwhelmed by the Dark Knight Rises, as a "film" and as a comic book movie. imo it was a horrible attempt to do something that wasnt necessary, trying to ground fantasy.

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
see you put dc comics are at a higher level from the jump, acknowledging they are superior. you are saying marvel gets to dumb down and not have to develop characters and somehow they are better than the comic movies that do. this is like saying oak academy is better than the Milwaukee bucks.

whedon makes fun movies but he cant touch Nolan in flmmaking

You sorely missed my point. But whatever. Nolan is a great director. His take on Batman is terrible. He make a great noir film.

You were comparing a character who goes from a man to a green monster. To a man in a armored costume.

Batman's costume was as far as Nolan was going into the Batman universe.

Batman could have been wearing a military uniform & accomplished everything he did in that trilogy.

Marvel Studios makes movies depicting the characters in the comics. True to source.

DC's trying to depict their characters like they are straight from Hell's Kitchen.

All wrong. But enjoy your mopey Superman. Probably a boring Wonder Woman & definitely a suicidal Batman.

bwb

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
she's tall enough, and dark hair is good... but I pictured WW as very athletic, not model skinny... guess we'll see how they do with it.

Last edited: