Heavy D Dead at 44

JaiSMOOTH

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Re: Heavy d dead at 44

RIP grew up around Money Earnin went to few cookouts with my peeps and he was there, cool dude.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor

Mods please sticky this.

Why is 105.1 and 97.1 playing Drake right now?:angry:

Why do I think this had to do with his weight?:smh:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

Damn man RIP if true :(:(:( the Overweight Lover single was the 1st hip hop 45lp I had...

cuzz

Star
Registered
One of the coolest & down to earth person ever! R.I.P. man. You'll not be forgotten.

UltimateLurker

Star
OG Investor

Wow damn, didn't see that coming at all:(

:eek: :smh: :(

1108-heavyd-ex-02.jpg

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor

Damn this is beyond fucked up. One of my favorite rappers from back in the day is gone. :smh:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

I always thought he was overrated and didn't get the props and respect he deserved.

rebel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

one word, wow!

and he was planning a comeback too, didn't he just perform at the BET Hiphop Award show??

Efil4Zaggin

Rising Star
Registered
Re: Heavy D dead?

It’s a sad day for us to report the untimely passing of a rap superstar. Unfortunately, we’ve learned that rapper Heavy D has passed away.

TMZ has the scoop:

Rap legend Heavy D — one of the most influential rappers of the ’90s — died earlier today … TMZ has learned.

Heavy D — real name Dwight Arrington Myers — was rushed to an L.A. hospital around noon today … and was pronounced dead at the hospital at 1 PM. He was 44 years old.

Heavy just performed at the BET Awards in October — and appeared to be fine.

So far, the details of his passing are sparse, so stay tuned as we keep our ear to the ground for more information.

Rest in peace, D, your rapping will be missed. Our condolences go out to his family and close friends. RIP.

Update: Reportedly, a call was made to 911 from the rapper’s home in Beverly Hills at 11:25 AM PST to report that an man was unconscious in the walkway. Paramedics arrived to a conscious and talking Dwight, so they took him to a nearby hospital, where he passed away a short time after. Authorities do not suspect foul play and are investigating the death.

Stay tuned for updates as they are made available.