Zimmerman Suing Trayvon's Family

How is this man still living??https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article238030539.html

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer acquitted of homicide charges in the 2012 fatal shooting of unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, is suing Martin’s family, prosecutors and others involved in the case he claims rested on false evidence, according to a copy of the suit sent to the media Wednesday.
Zimmerman is represented by Larry Klayman, a high-profile legal crusader tied to conservative causes and the founder of Judicial Watch before splitting with the activist group.
The suit in Polk County Circuit Court cites information in a documentary about the case that accuses the Martin family of engineering false testimony, and the director has scheduled a press conference this week in Coral Gables to coincide with a film screening there. The suit seeks $100 million in civil damages, alleging defamation, abuse of civil process and conspiracy. A copy of the suit was distributed to media Wednesday by the movies’ director, Joe Gilbert. The case does not yet appear on the online docket of the Polk court system.

The lead defendant in the suit is Sybrina Fulton, Martin’s mother who became a national figure in the wake of her son’s death as a campaign surrogate for Hillary Clinton and a national advocate for social justice and reducing gun deaths. She’s running for the District 1 seat on the Miami-Dade County Commission being vacated by a term-limited Barbara Jordan in the Miami Gardens area.

The details that followed remain in dispute, with Zimmerman claiming he was attacked by Martin and defended himself. Police and prosecutors described an unjustified shooting of a teenager in a hoodie with Skittles and a drink. A jury acquitted Zimmerman of all charges in 2013.
The lawsuit presses the Zimmerman version of events, with allegations of efforts by the Martin family to produce a false narrative through dishonest accounts from witnesses. The suit also names prosecutors in the Zimmerman case, alleging false prosecution, as well as book publisher Harper Collins over the October release of “Open Season: Legalized Genocide of Colored People.” The book is by Ben Crump, who represented the Martin family. Crump is also named in the suit, which states all defendants “have worked in concert to deprive Zimmerman of his constitutional and other legal rights.”
Crump, Klayman and a campaign representative for Fulton did not respond immediately to requests for comment.

Last edited:

Comments

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Karma is not done with him. Support for him was a proxy fight against Obama. He can no longer milk the money from white supremacists now that they don't have Obama to rail against. The money he made from selling the murder weapon didn't last, and even tho all those racists propped him up, he has no job and the rest of decent society sees him as trash. Not to mention I believe he feels guilt that is messing with him mentally.

He is going to die poor, broke, and alone, probably by his own hand. Meanwhile the Martin family is doing well and harnessing their tragedy into a purpose by advocating for others.
Completely agree, although I predict he'll probably spend the rest of his life in jail after killing a white person. Most likely a woman.

Dude has well-documented anger issues and has already been arrested for illegal firearms and domestic violence. On top of that, white people are the only ones that are coming within 10 feet of him

slewdem100

Rising Star
I don't understand this thinking. Its one thing to act out in the heat of the moment, but Mr. Martin is a relatively young man with other children. It would be foolish and irresponsible to abandon his wife and family to feel good. Or feel good at first. Watching the outside world pass me by while I'm confined is not how I'd want to live.
You are 100% correct on an intellectual level....however there is a primal principle at work here...Zimmerman has been violating for a long time....kill the kid and just add more and more disrespect on top of it....there really is a limit on how much one man can take...can you imagine what the family is going through at this moment?...this one man keeps hurting this family over and over again...put yourself in their shoes...one person over and over again...somebody who you and yours never did anything to...this is rough

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamTots #TeamQuaid
Super Moderator
You are 100% correct on an intellectual level....however there is a primal principle at work here...Zimmerman has been violating for a long time....kill the kid and just add more and more disrespect on top of it....there really is a limit on how much one man can take...can you imagine what the family is going through at this moment?...this one man keeps hurting this family over and over again...put yourself in their shoes...one person over and over again...somebody who you and yours never did anything to...this is rough
Like I said I understand the viewpoint, and maybe if I had kids I'd feel differently. I try to put myself in her place if after losing my son, I'd lose my emotional and financial support, companionship when I'm still relatively young, the father and co educator of my children, leader of our family? Watch him grow old alone and apart from me? Me going into my older years alone? I wouldn't want that.

When you are a man with responsibilities you can't just act on primal urges, you have to think long term about the consequences of your actions.

Zimmerman isn't the only idiot out there. If he goes to jail he leaves her unprotected. Right now they can stand together. He goes to jail she's on her own. She may be in a better position than some to provide for herself and get community support, but does her other son not need guidance? Won't he want to hold his grandkids some day?

I would see this as another win for WS, breaking up another black family after already robbing them of their son. I'm sorry, but I can't support that.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Simple solution
And allowing Zimmerman to live won't bring back trayvon either.. But killing him would feel so good... You can lose but feel a lil good... Obviously killing people don't guarantee jail time.. I juss wish pops to get a lil get back
Nah.. I initially agreed but.. He need the Mexican cartel treatment. Strip him and put alpo on his privates and let them dogs get to work. That's just for starters.

Get a chick to set him up and that's it. Film everything and drop it online.
If any of these scenarios were to happen we'd never hear the end of it from his family..theyd be on all the news channels and talk shows like"ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW???? OUR SON IS DEAD!!! "If my son's killer is watching,PLEASE do the right thing and turn yourself in!" etc.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If any of these scenarios were to happen we'd never hear the end of it from his family..theyd be on all the news channels and talk shows like"ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW???? OUR SON IS DEAD!!! "If my son's killer is watching,PLEASE do the right thing and turn yourself in!" etc.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And I would buss out Laughin everytime.. So win win..

55th View

Rising Star
Registered

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watchman who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in 2012, filed a $100 million lawsuit Wednesday against the teen’s family, a publishing firm and a law enforcement agency for defamation and “malicious prosecution."

The lead defendant is Sybrina Fulton, Martin’s mother, who became one of the many pained faces of the Black Lives Matter movement in the wake of her son’s death. In a statement Wednesday afternoon, the family’s attorney called the lawsuit unfounded and a "shameless attempt to profit off the lives and grief of others.”

Zimmerman, tried and acquitted of homicide charges in 2013, now claims police and prosecutors conspired with Martin’s family to fabricate a narrative that cited what the Sanford, Fla., man alleges was false evidence.

Who fatally shot Martin was never in dispute. Zimmerman was patrolling a gated community on Feb. 26, 2012, when he reported Martin as suspicious. The teen, unarmed and wearing a hoodie, was returning from a store with Skittles and a drink. Zimmerman claimed at trial that he shot Martin in self-defense. Prosecutors and police argued the attack was unjustified.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So he can go to jail and remove a father figure and bread winner from the home? I understand the sentiment, but I don't agree. Their family doesn't need to lose someone else. It won't bring their son back.
Fuck that...somebody gotta stand for something in this life goddamn. I'd agree with you in some cases' but not this one.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trayvon wasn't his only responsibility. Are you going to support his wife and kid and be there or his family if he takes him out?
It's not up to me, but I've seen the judge and jury let people off with a slap on the wrist when someone kills or maims people that fucked up their kids. I've seen all kinds of Gofundme's setup for people that didn't deserve it. He wouldn't have to do more than 10 years I guarantee. It would be worth the risk in my eyes. If Mr. Martin can look himself in the mirror everyday knowing the man that killed his son, is taunting him in front of the world, all I can say is I would not agree with that.

Camille

Super Moderator
It's not up to me, but I've seen the judge and jury let people off with a slap on the wrist when someone kills or maims people that fucked up their kids. I've seen all kinds of Gofundme's setup for people that didn't deserve it. He wouldn't have to do more than 10 years I guarantee. It would be worth the risk in my eyes. If Mr. Martin can look himself in the mirror everyday knowing the man that killed his son, is taunting him in front of the world, all I can say is I would not agree with that.
Lmao. We have thread after thread about black folks not getting justice in court, being dismissed from juries etc. In fact we are only having this discussion BECAUSE of a murder trial that didn't go well, BECAUSE a black family didn't get justice in court.

A black person cannot be guaranteed a light sentence in this country. We get 20-30% longer sentences than white folks who do the same crimes. Yet you think he would get max 10 years? While other inmates may treat him well, would a man who is seen as a symbol against police/police corruption survive if the guards have it out for him?

So to recap, you don't want to provide for his family if he goes this route? I'm also assuming you won't risk jail to do the deed yourself?

"He should do xyz. One of the gangbangers should do xyz. A terminally ill person with nothing to lose should do xyz."

Lmao. Y'all always wanting to hold folks to a standard of how men are supposed to act, but aren't willing to step in and assist once the fallout occurs should someone follow your advice. None of y'all willing to stand in the gap.

Hilarious.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lmao. We have thread after thread about black folks not getting justice in court, being dismissed from juries etc. In fact we are only having this discussion BECAUSE of a murder trial that didn't go well, BECAUSE a black family didn't get justice in court.

A black person cannot be guaranteed a light sentence in this country. We get 20-30% longer sentences than white folks who do the same crimes. Yet you think he would get max 10 years? While other inmates may treat him well, would a man who is seen as a symbol against police/police corruption survive if the guards have it out for him?

So to recap, you don't want to provide for his family if he goes this route? I'm also assuming you won't risk jail to do the deed yourself?

"He should do xyz. One of the gangbangers should do xyz. A terminally ill person with nothing to lose should do xyz."

Lmao. Y'all always wanting to hold folks to a standard of how men are supposed to act, but aren't willing to step in and assist once the fallout occurs should someone follow your advice. None of y'all willing to stand in the gap.

Hilarious.
I pray I'm never in that position. I will practice what I preach. You laughing I'm dead serious.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
How is it that xxxtentacion couldn’t walk around Florida but this scum bag piece of shit lives freely? This new generation is sorry as fuck, someone should have been made this piece of dog shit pay

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trayvon wasn't his only responsibility. Are you going to support his wife and kid and be there or his family if he takes him out?
I respect your logic. I also understand your position.
Let me pose this question to you, then:
Since Mr. Martin has other responsibilities, would you be opposed to any action against Zimmerman? Suppose it were a felon with a long criminal history of violence who took him out. Would you be okay with that?
I'm trying to get a complete understanding of your position. I don't want to make any assumptions.
Are you opposed to the idea of justice being served on Zimmerman or are you just opposed to it being by the hand of Trayvon's dad specifically?

Camille

Super Moderator
I respect your logic. I also understand your position.
Let me pose this question to you, then:
Since Mr. Martin has other responsibilities, would you be opposed to any action against Zimmerman? Suppose it were a felon with a long criminal history of violence who took him out. Would you be okay with that?
I'm trying to get a complete understanding of your position. I don't want to make any assumptions.
Are you opposed to the idea of justice being served on Zimmerman or are you just opposed to it being by the hand of Trayvon's dad specifically?
I don't think his father should take action.

I won't shed any tears if anything happens to Zimmerman, but It irks me to see people advocating for OTHERS to take violent actions against someone. If these folks feel so strongly about it, THEY can hop in a car and pull a trigger just as easily as a felon with a long criminal history. On top of that, if he did take action and lose his freedom, no one wants to step up to see that his family is ok. Since we can't get folks around here to donate 20 bucks a year, I shouldn't be surprised, but this advocating for people to take actions that will effect their lives and family for the rest of their lives is just keyboard warriors typing trash. E-gangstas in full effect.

A real man uses his brain, not just his brawn. Getting locked up for murder, resulting in the loss of head of household and income for a black family when it won't change the outcome is not strategic. It's short sighted. Mind you these actions are being recommended by menfolk who are supposed to be evolved above common street thugs and the criminal element. The Martin family is doing the right thing by advocating for justice for others and bringing awareness.

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I won't shed any tears if anything happens to Zimmerman, but It irks me to see people advocating for OTHERS to take violent actions against someone. If these folks feel so strongly about it, THEY can hop in a car and pull a trigger just as easily as a felon with a long criminal history. On top of that, if he did take action and lose his freedom, no one wants to step up to see that his family is ok. Since we can't get folks around here to donate 20 bucks a year, I shouldn't be surprised, but this advocating for people to take actions that will effect their lives and family for the rest of their lives is just keyboard warriors typing trash. E-gangstas in full effect.

A real man uses his brain, not just his brawn. Getting locked up for murder, resulting in the loss of head of household and income for a black family when it won't change the outcome is not strategic. It's short sighted. Mind you these actions are being recommended by menfolk who are supposed to be evolved above common street thugs and the criminal element. The Martin family is doing the right thing by advocating for justice for others and bringing awareness.
I think the frustration for some lies at the fact that we hear black men kill other black men for much less.

So the question becomes if you are going to kill anyway, why not kill him?

I wish I could trade any black man's murder for the murder of that POS.

KingTaharqa

The Best On The Planet
BGOL Investor
For those who wonder, Zimmerman does NOT walk around alone. He has hired security with him at all times. He was at a bar a while back and a white bitch filmed him with his bodyguard. Dude gets threatened all the time, even by CACs. That one CAC tried to kill him some years ago. So dont think he's just walking the streets alone and people just aint been fuckin with him.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Thank you for the explanation.
I agree that the father should not have to avenge the death of his son.
However, where I disagree with you is on the issue of no one doing anything.
The only way to handle a bully is to handle a bully.
Yes, there are a lot of "keyboard warriors" as you say. There should be. The conversation has to be had. The lines have to be established as to how far an individual can go before they have/need to be stopped. There has never been a time in history when black people have not had cacs' feet on our necks in some capacity or another. Sometimes actions have to happen and it is not something you can negotiate your way out of.

Personally, I don't think anything is ever going to happen to Zimmerman with regards to Trayvon. He's FL's problem. If something was gonna happen, it would have by now.
The thing is this: People are angry at this open wound on the community. People are emotional. You can't "logic" your way out of rage. Its just symbolic of how often the black community is made to look weak or inept. Sometimes, the only redemption is action, not words. Men understand this.
Sometimes you just have to kill a muthafucka; consequences be damned.
Asking for names and trying to call out people for not doing something doesn't change the fact that at some point, conversations have to be had.
One thing is known for sure: rewards yield results. A lot can get done if the collection plate is passed around enough times. Black people will throw a few dollars in the collection plate in church for a few prayers. Maybe if an underground collection plate was passed around, prayers might get answered. I'm just sayin'.

Camille

Super Moderator
I think the frustration for some lies at the fact that we hear black men kill other black men for much less.

So the question becomes if you are going to kill anyway, why not kill him?

I wish I could trade any black man's murder for the murder of that POS.
Yeah but Trayvon's father is not a murderer or a thug. Do you fear other black people? Are you willing to kill him and go to jail? I have a few people who would go that far for the ones they love when not in the heat of the moment, but most folks aren't built to plan and carry out the act of taking a life, regardless of how the propaganda about black folks promotes this.

It doesn't mean that Zimmerman doesn't deserve it, but we have to be more strategic than simple revenge that ends up with us in jail and our families worse off and unprotected.

Camille

Super Moderator
Thank you for the explanation.
I agree that the father should not have to avenge the death of his son.
However, where I disagree with you is on the issue of no one doing anything.
The only way to handle a bully is to handle a bully.
Yes, there are a lot of "keyboard warriors" as you say. There should be. The conversation has to be had. The lines have to be established as to how far an individual can go before they have/need to be stopped. There has never been a time in history when black people have not had cacs' feet on our necks in some capacity or another. Sometimes actions have to happen and it is not something you can negotiate your way out of.

Personally, I don't think anything is ever going to happen to Zimmerman with regards to Trayvon. He's FL's problem. If something was gonna happen, it would have by now.
The thing is this: People are angry at this open wound on the community. People are emotional. You can't "logic" your way out of rage. Its just symbolic of how often the black community is made to look weak or inept. Sometimes, the only redemption is action, not words. Men understand this.
Sometimes you just have to kill a muthafucka; consequences be damned.
Asking for names and trying to call out people for not doing something doesn't change the fact that at some point, conversations have to be had.
One thing is known for sure: rewards yield results. A lot can get done if the collection plate is passed around enough times. Black people will throw a few dollars in the collection plate in church for a few prayers. Maybe if an underground collection plate was passed around, prayers might get answered. I'm just sayin'.
Why don't you visit Florida? Are you willing to do it? If not, why not?