Xbox Series X/S Microsoft - Indiana Jones and the Great Circle 2024 - Palworld About to Break PUBG Record

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

With Gamepass you wont have to worry about how much it sells now.

not necessarily true. Using netflix as an example, they cancel projects all the time based on viewership, or lack thereof. Microsoft/XBOX are not going to want to spend a lot of time and money developing projects people are not constantly playing.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
A lot of games got overlooked due to the XB1 stumbling out the gate. Luckily Titanfall got a sequel, Dead Rising 3 should have sold more, Ryse is very underrated and Sunset Overdrive got ignored. Once folks saw the original XB1 plans they just couldn't let go and accept that they had changed. Hell they still doing it. Get a Series S to play games if needbe. Cheaper and available now. Plus it has half of the PS5 hard drive size but no one ever brings that shit up.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Already have the series x but little man lives on it so I'm thinking of grabbing a series s for just me to mess around with. What's everyone's experience with the S? Will I notice a big drop coming from playing on the x ?

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
not necessarily true. Using netflix as an example, they cancel projects all the time based on viewership, or lack thereof. Microsoft/XBOX are not going to want to spend a lot of time and money developing projects people are not constantly playing.

netflix nah

People wont be constantly playing games like Psychonauts, Ori, Cuphead (Spyro and Crash). All games being developed by Xbox don't have to be service based games.

"The nice thing about Game Pass is that it actually wraps the game inside of a service itself," Spencer continued. "So a game can just be a game. And it's nice to be playing games that have a beginning, a middle, and an end. And that, as a subscription, we completely support those types of games. "

"We see Game Pass as a really critical way to bring new games to new players, with a business model that just has more approachability for many players," he said. "We see players willing to take risks on new games and new genres, because when you're already in the subscription it's as easy as clicking on something, downloading the game, and starting to play. The diversity of content in Game Pass, the genres in Game Pass, the things that people play… I think it's a really healthy part of our industry.

"And in fact, a lot of the new games that a lot of the first-party [studios] are working on, and the third-party [studios] are working on, take advantage of the fact that they don't have to carry the service themselves. They can actually just live inside of the service and be exactly what they are."

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
And like one member mentioned before ...... this is why Xbox did this shit. They have had the hardest time gaining ground in Asia

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Already have the series x but little man lives on it so I'm thinking of grabbing a series s for just me to mess around with. What's everyone's experience with the S? Will I notice a big drop coming from playing on the x ?
I got 2 because my son took over the basement one and my wife is on the X thanks to Forza. So I got my own for a monitor. Its not like night and day differences honestly. Especially depending on the tv. You will appreciate how easy it is to just keep playing when you move over from the X. Quick sync and you good. That ease of use is why I don't play my PS5 much. I wish they had a Series S equivalent.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got 2 because my son took over the basement one and my wife is on the X thanks to Forza. So I got my own for a monitor. Its not like night and day differences honestly. Especially depending on the tv. You will appreciate how easy it is to just keep playing when you move over from the X. Quick sync and you good. That ease of use is why I don't play my PS5 much. I wish they had a Series S equivalent.
I have a 65" 4k in your opinion would it look bad?

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
netflix nah

People wont be constantly playing games like Psychonauts, Ori, Cuphead (Spyro and Crash). All games being developed by Xbox don't have to be service based games.

"The nice thing about Game Pass is that it actually wraps the game inside of a service itself," Spencer continued. "So a game can just be a game. And it's nice to be playing games that have a beginning, a middle, and an end. And that, as a subscription, we completely support those types of games. "

"We see Game Pass as a really critical way to bring new games to new players, with a business model that just has more approachability for many players," he said. "We see players willing to take risks on new games and new genres, because when you're already in the subscription it's as easy as clicking on something, downloading the game, and starting to play. The diversity of content in Game Pass, the genres in Game Pass, the things that people play… I think it's a really healthy part of our industry.

"And in fact, a lot of the new games that a lot of the first-party [studios] are working on, and the third-party [studios] are working on, take advantage of the fact that they don't have to carry the service themselves. They can actually just live inside of the service and be exactly what they are."
is this assuming that these small studios/small titles won't be gobbled up by Microsoft or bigger studios

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Psychonauts (Spyro and Crash) owned by Microsoft/soon to be

Ori , Cuphead published by microsoft

Those titles dont need to be constantly played in gamepass. And this game...

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Psychonauts (Spyro and Crash) owned by Microsoft/soon to be

Ori , Cuphead published by microsoft

Those titles dont need to be constantly played in gamepass. And this game...

if Microsoft is spending 70 billion on big titles I don't get the logic on how smaller titles won't be affected regardless of who owns it.

jroc007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got a Xbox one x but I am thinking about trading it in for a series x. Game stop is giving 280 for it. Should I keep it or trade it ? should i get a series s instead and keep it.

Last edited: