"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
My thoughts haven't changed.

People may be experiencing milder symptoms outwardly but I'm still just as concerned with the long term, unseen/unknown effects which aren't obvious or known.

More importantly, if the milder symptoms are the result of more people being vaccinated, then what happens as time passes and the effectiveness of the initial vaccination and booster shots start to diminish which is inevitable?

Especially since they've said nothing about a second booster for people under 50 and who are healthy which they may not even have funding for.

All of this while the virus continues to mutate and adapt.

I honestly feel like they'll be another (or multiple) variant that will emerge over the summer which will be just as deadly as its predecessors and hit us hard in the fall/winter months just like before :smh:

Agreed. I get concerned when I see seniors and older people getting way too relaxed and carefree in their approaches.

It’s one thing for the younger crowd to be doing so, but many people in our 30s to 50s are still being extra cautious cuz we don’t want to be dealing with the lengthy repercussions of long COVID, etc. Just ain’t worth it, man. And we are doing our best to be safe around people who are easily 30 - 50 years our senior.

I’m glad my parents have not been on any bullshit these past 2 yrs. They keep respective small bubbles in their lives. Dad is 75. Mom turns 72 late this summer. I have thanked my dad a number of times when he tells me he runs his errands during off-peak hours. Usually first thing in the AM before the crowds at grocery store, bank, other errand visits.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Man, I got to chill for a minute. Shit like this is getting me pissed. :angry: We getting to that point. A 5th shot might be even less effective agains the next one, but we ain't encouraged to do other mitigation. Stay safe out here.

From the capitulation write up:

Second, it is about the reduction in vaccine effectiveness that we are now encountering. Obviously, a breakdown of protection from transmission occurred with Omicron with “breakthroughs” in people with vaccination occurring quite commonly. That, and reinfections, were an unusual phenomenon (~1%) before Omicron. Now we are seeing people with 4 shots who are getting breakthrough infections, even at 1-2 weeks from their most recent shot, when there should be the maximal level of neutralizing antibodies induced. That’s not a good sign, relative to the 95% vaccine effectiveness we had against symptomatic infections against the ancestral, D614G, Alpha, and Delta (with a booster) strains.

But it’s worse than that. Because we have relied (and taken for granted) on vaccines to protect us from severe disease—to prevent hospitalizations and deaths. Prior to Omicron we could, with a booster, assume there was well over 90-95% vaccine effectiveness vs severe disease. It is clear, however, from multiple reports, including the UK Health Security Agency and Kaiser Permanente that this level of protection has declined to approximately 80%, particularly taking account the more rapid waning than previously seen. That represents a substantial drop-off: instead of a gap or “leak” of 5%, it is about 4-fold at 20%. And we don’t yet know how well vaccines are still holding up with the BA.2.12.2 and BA.4/BA.5 variants. Likely similar to BA.1 and BA.2 because we haven’t seen substantial increases in hospitalizations, but no data are yet available and it’s still early. Certainly those without vaccination, relying on infection-acquired immunity, and at advanced age, are at considerable risk for the Omicron subvariants because their prior exposure only led to narrow (BA.1) protection.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Never going to stop. I was in Costco today, I was one of 3 shoppers with a mask on. :smh::smh:

I still wear my mask when I go out. I've started going to the self-check line at Walmart,for a few months because people don't know how to stay far away.

Man, I got to chill for a minute. Shit like this is getting me pissed. :angry: We getting to that point. A 5th shot might be even less effective agains the next one, but we ain't encouraged to do other mitigation. Stay safe out here.

Second, it is about the reduction in vaccine effectiveness that we are now encountering. Obviously, a breakdown of protection from transmission occurred with Omicron with “breakthroughs” in people with vaccination occurring quite commonly. That, and reinfections, were an unusual phenomenon (~1%) before Omicron. Now we are seeing people with 4 shots who are getting breakthrough infections, even at 1-2 weeks from their most recent shot, when there should be the maximal level of neutralizing antibodies induced. That’s not a good sign, relative to the 95% vaccine effectiveness we had against symptomatic infections against the ancestral, D614G, Alpha, and Delta (with a booster) strains.

But it’s worse than that. Because we have relied (and taken for granted) on vaccines to protect us from severe disease—to prevent hospitalizations and deaths. Prior to Omicron we could, with a booster, assume there was well over 90-95% vaccine effectiveness vs severe disease. It is clear, however, from multiple reports, including the UK Health Security Agency and Kaiser Permanente that this level of protection has declined to approximately 80%, particularly taking account the more rapid waning than previously seen. That represents a substantial drop-off: instead of a gap or “leak” of 5%, it is about 4-fold at 20%. And we don’t yet know how well vaccines are still holding up with the BA.2.12.2 and BA.4/BA.5 variants. Likely similar to BA.1 and BA.2 because we haven’t seen substantial increases in hospitalizations, but no data are yet available and it’s still early. Certainly those without vaccination, relying on infection-acquired immunity, and at advanced age, are at considerable risk for the Omicron subvariants because their prior exposure only led to narrow (BA.1) protection.

Congress,Biden,the CDC,Fauci and etc sold out.

These muthaphuckin politicians care more about a fucking country that's thousands miles away than providing more aid in a pandemic...

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

Who are the last fucking time these shots wasn’t going to stop you from getting the virus…. For most people these vaccines would stop a super severe symptoms or dying….I’ve been saying this for the last year to you knuckleheads. And furthermore, if you have a pre-existing condition which is most of Americans you guys are just almost screwed.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
New York made 11M bottles of hand sanitizer. Now it has 700,000 gallons it can't get rid of.
Former Gov. Andrew Cuomo ordered the production of the hand sanitizer by the state's prison system. A spokesperson said he makes "no apologies for single-handedly solving a hand sanitizer shortage."

More than 4,000 pallets of New York-made hand sanitizer, called NYS Clean, totaling more than 700,000 gallons sit on an old runway at the State Preparedness Training Center in Oriskany, just outside Utica in Central New York.

ORISKANY, N.Y. —
In the first days of the Covid-19 pandemic, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced New York would use prison labor to address a hand sanitizer shortage and make bottles that were superior to “products now on the market.”

New York made so much of the “NYS Clean” hand sanitizer — a whopping 11 million bottles, to be exact — that it still doesn’t know how to get rid of it.

On a former airport runaway in Central New York sit 706,172 gallons of NYS Clean, in an array of bottle sizes, on 4,000 pallets that stretch the length of three football fields — out in the open, covered in tarps and likely never to be used, much of it already expired. It will likely cost New York million of dollars to dispose of it, possibly shipped out of state in hundreds of trucks to be incinerated, according to environmental experts and officials familiar with the process.

“There is a way to properly dispose of it,” said Diana Aga, the director of the RENEW Institute at the University of Buffalo, which studies environmental issues. “The issue here is the volume.”
The surplus hand sanitizer, which Cuomo ordered prisoners at three state facilities to make from March 2020 to October 2020, is just the latest example of wasted resources rushed into production in the early days of the pandemic.
State governments across the nation scurried to buy and procure supplies and equipment as Covid-19 spread through the country — particularly New York, which was the first epicenter of the virus and saw as many as 800 deaths a day.
Like the hand sanitizer, many of the products were never needed and sit dormant at facilities across the state. Nearby the pallets of hand sanitizer at a state emergency training facility near Utica are 89 new HVAC systems that were supplied by the Federal Emergency Management Agency for pop-up Covid care facilities in 2020 that were never used.

In March 2020, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced New York would make hand sanitizer at state prisons to deal with a national shortage in the early days of the Covid-19 pandemic. Now the state has so much of it, it hasn't been able to get rid of it.

New York said it plans to sell the units, costing millions of dollars, at an auction this summer — surely for pennies on the dollar — and give the proceeds to FEMA.

Critics said states should undertake detailed accounting of what was purchased during the early days of the pandemic, particularly in New York, where Cuomo gained attention for his nationally broadcast Covid news briefings and regular announcements that garnered daily headlines.

“It’s part of the larger story in looking back on the decisions that the administration has made to get a full account of those mistakes and understand how we should not repeat them,” said state Assemblymember Ron Kim (D-Queens), who battled Cuomo over the handling of Covid deaths at nursing homes. “We all know that he was infatuated with gimmicks and headlines without actually following through on the details and delivering the results he would lead with at the press conferences.”

The NYS Clean operation, run by Corcraft, the state’s prison-run business operation, was hailed by Cuomo as a way to make free hand sanitizer that could be used by local governments and health care facilities amid an immediate shortage and price spikes. He joked at a March 9, 2020, news conference that the hand sanitizer smelled like a “floral bouquet” with a hint of lilac and hydrangea and then had an aide at the conference table smell his fingers to confirm the scent.

New York state said it has 89 HVAC systems it received from FEMA during the pandemic after they were slated for pop-up Covid treatment facilities that were not used. Now the state plans to auction them off.

The gallon bottles — which, along with 2-ounce and 8-ounce versions, have a potent 75 percent isopropyl alcohol-based formula that’s higher than most store-bought sanitizers — became ubiquitous around the state. The bottles were found in gas stations, public spaces and government buildings, often with warnings to pump slow: the sanitizer shot out fast and onto people’s clothes and shoes.

“At the height of the COVID-19 pandemic two years ago, NYS Clean hand sanitizer was mass produced by the state and made widely available to New Yorkers at a critical time when it was in short supply,” the state Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services said in a statement to POLITICO.

Rich Azzopardi, a spokesperson for Cuomo, defended the production of the abundance of hand sanitizer.

“We make no apologies for single-handedly solving a hand sanitizer shortage crisis during a once in a century pandemic,” he said. “While others were content to do nothing and let panic set in, Governor Cuomo stepped up and made sure that anyone who needed hand sanitizer got it, putting together an infrastructure that distributed 7.5 million units to New Yorkers free of charge to them.”

Azzopardi put the blame for the unused stockpile on Gov. Kathy Hochul’s administration, saying Cuomo’s office continued to distribute it until he left office.

“If the current one failed to do the same, I don’t know what to tell you. If the Ron Kims of the world — who did nothing during the pandemic — want to continue to take cheap shots to advance their personal politics, then what else is new?” Azzopardi said.

CONTINUED:
New York made 11M bottles of hand sanitizer. Now it has 700,000 gallons it can't get rid of. - POLITICO

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

Bro, this country is finished. Half the mothafukkas here are rooting for the virus because they think it helps them politically.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Who are the last fucking time these shots wasn’t going to stop you from getting the virus…. For most people these vaccines would stop a super severe symptoms or dying….I’ve been saying this for the last year to you knuckleheads. And furthermore, if you have a pre-existing condition which is most of Americans you guys are just almost screwed.
Jesus fucking christ with you. You can't be this slow. You have to be fucking putting on an act or trolling. No way you actually care for yourself as an adult with your simplistic views and inability to process information. :smh:

I got receipts all over this thread talking about how the EFFECTIVENESS of these vaccines isn't what it was. Shit backed by RESEARCH and other countries moving boosters to 3 fucking months(U.S. only to 5) during the height of Omnicron. Unlike you, I don't have a political agenda. I'm just in it for facts.

Effectiveness of the vaccines means preventing SYMPTOMATIC infections, HOSPITALIZATIONS, and DEATHS. Having a fucking increase in breakthrough infections 2 weeks after the 4th shot when PEAK immunity is supposed to be present is fucking bad.

And cut the shit, the 'stop super severe symptoms and dying' narrative didn't come out until well after your man tried to declare victory last May and had people take off the masks and go around other people like shit was sweet. Scientists told them not to do that shit, but political science is undefeated out here.

And a symptomatic infection that doesn't require hospitalization can still knock someone on their ass for a week or 2. We coming up on an official recession where people will be forced to work which will turn a non-hospitalization scenario into a hospitalization one with the quickness. But hey, get back to our great downtowns(implying telecommuting must be discouraged). Your man said that, not the mean twitter man.

As for pre-existing conditions, I mentioned in April of 2020(in this thread) this would be a perfect time to focus on fitness and folks losing weight since early reports(which were later confirmed) said people overweight/obese were at high-risk of complications. Now here we are with vaccines becoming not as effective, people fat as ever, and 3 months boosters never happening in the U.S. while deemed unsustainable everywhere else. :smh:

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
Jesus fucking christ with you. You can't be this slow. You have to be fucking putting on an act or trolling. No way you actually care for yourself as an adult with your simplistic views and inability to process information. :smh:

I got receipts all over this thread talking about how the EFFECTIVENESS of these vaccines isn't what it was. Shit backed by RESEARCH and other countries moving boosters to 3 fucking months(U.S. only to 5) during the height of Omnicron. Unlike you, I don't have a political agenda. I'm just in it for facts.

Effectiveness of the vaccines means preventing SYMPTOMATIC infections, HOSPITALIZATIONS, and DEATHS. Having a fucking increase in breakthrough infections 2 weeks after the 4th shot when PEAK immunity is supposed to be present is fucking bad.

And cut the shit, the 'stop super severe symptoms and dying' narrative didn't come out until well after your man tried to declare victory last May and had people take off the masks and go around other people like shit was sweet. Scientists told them not to do that shit, but political science is undefeated out here.

And a symptomatic infection that doesn't require hospitalization can still knock someone on their ass for a week or 2. We coming up on an official recession where people will be forced to work which will turn a non-hospitalization scenario into a hospitalization one with the quickness. But hey, get back to our great downtowns(implying telecommuting must be discouraged). Your man said that, not the mean twitter man.

As for pre-existing conditions, I mentioned in April of 2020(in this thread) this would be a perfect time to focus on fitness and folks losing weight since early reports(which were later confirmed) said people overweight/obese were at high-risk of complications. Now here we are with vaccines becoming not as effective, people fat as ever, and 3 months boosters never happening in the U.S. while deemed unsustainable everywhere else. :smh:

Ummmmmm...you know those words will fall on deaf ears, right??? You're talkin' to a brick wall. Politics got dawg mind locked in a cobra clutch. You can't reason with political zealots. You right as fuck theaux.

Last edited:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Ummm.... yes he can

babygwirl18

Rising Star
Registered
This is what happens when Biden frightened the world into believing that vaccinating young healthy people and telling them to wear masks would stop Covid.

It was always a lie, and science has proven it. But he pushed the BS for so long that people are still believing it.

The things you need to know about Covid is that for young healthy people, the Pfizer vaccine offers ZERO protection against death. The lasted study, from Denmark showed that it gave you a marginal INCREASE in death. The science is clear, and Biden and Fauci both know it, that’s why they aren’t mandating vaccines or boosters anymore for healthy people.

What can you do to prevent getting Covid - nothing. Masks don’t work unless you wear them 24/7 (can’t even take it off for eating, showering etc.)

Your best bet is to increase your health. Lose weight, take care of any diabetes or health condition, and if you’re Black get plenty of sunlight.

If you do get Covid, and you’re health is compromised, get monoclonal antibodies immediately. Also if you can get ivermectin, take it. Don’t listen to the BS you heard in the media, a study in Brazil which followed nearly 20 million people showed it worked. Besides, it’s what saved that fat unhealthy fuck Trump (who was unvaccinated at the time).

Of course, there’s plenty in here that are unaware or unwilling to read the studies I mentioned above. To those people, continue getting boosted, and make as any memes as you want. In one year, when what I’m saying here is common knowledge, don’t pretend that “no one told you.”

Cannibal

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Chinese government is really fucked. Not sure who is worse our racist government or their authoritarian one