"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Florida adds another 1,067 deaths.. In about 3-4 weeks Florida will pass New York in total deaths. Another major right-wing talking will go down the drain

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
242392872_4566719600016365_8366728060990939336_n.jpg

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Rona's doing the Lord's work now... culling that herd.... :lol:

Covid deaths caused Alabama's population to shrink for the first time
“Our state literally shrunk in 2020,” state health officer Dr. Scott Harris said.

There were more deaths than births in Alabama last year, a first since the state started keeping records and officials said it's directly tied to the coronavirus pandemic.

Last year, 64,714 Alabamians died and only 57,641 were born, the state announced Friday

“Our state literally shrunk in 2020,” state health officer Dr. Scott Harris said at a Covid briefing. He said it’s the first time in the state’s recorded history that this has happened — saying it’s never “been close” before, not even during World War II or the 1918 flu pandemic.

“It's certainly possible that can happen this year as well, if we continue at the same rate that we are seeing now,” he said. That is because, in part, while Covid-19 hospitalizations are declining in the state, more people who are hospitalized are dying, he said.

Alabama's seven-day average of new cases peaked Sept. 1 at an average of 5,538 new cases per day.

Its seven-day average of reported deaths was at 42 on Sept. 1, but that number has nearly doubled. As of Sunday, the figure stood at an average 76 deaths per day.

In the last two weeks, 795 people died in the state, the third-highest rate of reported Covid deaths in that time frame among states.

The state reported 192 deaths Sept. 17; the last time it reported that many was in February.

February was also the last time the state's seven-day average of reported deaths was more than 70. (The seven-day average is used to take a broader look at trends that can be obscured by single-day spikes and weekends, when many health departments take a break from reporting).

Since the start of the pandemic, Alabama has reported 13,210 Covid-related deaths. Adjusted for population, it has the fifth-highest rate of Covid deaths in the country.

According to an NBC News tally, 41.3 percent of the state's population is vaccinated, which totals just over 2 million people.

Alabama's death tally comes at a moment where Covid has now killed about the same number of people in the United States as the 1918 flu pandemic — around 675,000.

Covid deaths caused Alabama's population to shrink for the first time (nbcnews.com)

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

“Our state literally shrunk in 2020,” state health officer Dr. Scott Harris said.

There were more deaths than births in Alabama last year, a first since the state started keeping records and officials said it's directly tied to the coronavirus pandemic.

Last year, 64,714 Alabamians died and only 57,641 were born, the state announced Friday

“Our state literally shrunk in 2020,” state health officer Dr. Scott Harris said at a Covid briefing. He said it’s the first time in the state’s recorded history that this has happened — saying it’s never “been close” before, not even during World War II or the 1918 flu pandemic.

“It's certainly possible that can happen this year as well, if we continue at the same rate that we are seeing now,” he said. That is because, in part, while Covid-19 hospitalizations are declining in the state, more people who are hospitalized are dying, he said.

Alabama's seven-day average of new cases peaked Sept. 1 at an average of 5,538 new cases per day.

Its seven-day average of reported deaths was at 42 on Sept. 1, but that number has nearly doubled. As of Sunday, the figure stood at an average 76 deaths per day.

In the last two weeks, 795 people died in the state, the third-highest rate of reported Covid deaths in that time frame among states.

The state reported 192 deaths Sept. 17; the last time it reported that many was in February.

February was also the last time the state's seven-day average of reported deaths was more than 70. (The seven-day average is used to take a broader look at trends that can be obscured by single-day spikes and weekends, when many health departments take a break from reporting).

Since the start of the pandemic, Alabama has reported 13,210 Covid-related deaths. Adjusted for population, it has the fifth-highest rate of Covid deaths in the country.

According to an NBC News tally, 41.3 percent of the state's population is vaccinated, which totals just over 2 million people.

Alabama's death tally comes at a moment where Covid has now killed about the same number of people in the United States as the 1918 flu pandemic — around 675,000.

Covid deaths caused Alabama's population to shrink for the first time (nbcnews.com)
Yep the story got a lot of people attention a couple of days ago

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

Unfortunately I've learned recently that a few of my people in Alabama have caught COVID-19 including my cousin and cousins wife who are both hospitalized with my cousin currently on a ventilator.

Even after all this I've heard they're all still refusing to or only thinking about getting vaccinated :smh:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Unfortunately I've learned recently that a few of my people in Alabama have caught COVID-19 including my cousin and cousins wife who are both hospitalized with my cousin currently on a ventilator.

Even after all this I've heard they're all still refusing to or only thinking about getting vaccinated :smh:
Sorry to hear that man..... like dolphins getting caught in that tuna net.... a few of the undeserving are getting caught in Rona's net

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Sorry to hear that man..... like dolphins getting caught in that tuna net.... a few of the undeserving are getting caught in Rona's net

I appreciate it.

I hate to say it but family or not if they're out here being reckless and also buying into the anti-vax narrative I can't really say they don't "deserve it."

They may not deserve it as people but they are willingly endangering themselves.

A lot of good and decent people have succumbed to Aids, cancer, drugs, etc.

Unfortunately COVID-19 doesn't only affect people who are the scum of the earth.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

48157947-0-image-a-62_1632160261020.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
As long as their vaccine works is what is most important. We don’t need any more excuses for vaccine hesitancy at this point.
No I want people to get the vaccine you know that but Johnson and Johnson vaccine well like I said I have issues with it