"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
DHS: Violent Extremists Could ‘Exploit’ Easing of Coronavirus Capacity Restrictions

The warning came as part of a broader summary of the current terrorism threat that builds on a bulletin issued in January and emphsizes the threat of domestic violence extremists.

By Claire Hansen Staff Writer • May 14, 2021, at 3:14 p.m.

Violent extremists could take advantage of the easing of coronavirus restrictions to attack higher-capacity targets, the Department of Homeland Security said in a National Terrorism Advisory System bulletin Friday.

"Violent extremists may seek to exploit the easing of COVID-19-related restrictions across the United States to conduct attacks against a broader range of targets after previous public capacity limits reduced opportunities for lethal attacks," the bulletin said.

Domestic extremists motivated by racial or ethnic biases have in the past targeted houses of worship or crowded commercial facilities or gatherings, the bulletin said. Coronavirus-related capacity limits on such locations are being lifted across the country as vaccination rates increase and virus cases decline.

Authorities are not aware, however, of any specific plot, and the warning was a part of a summary of the current terrorism threats facing the country. The bulletin reinforced the dangers of domestic extremists and homegrown threats – the second time the department has done so since President Joe Biden took office. DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has said repeatedly that domestic terrorists, including those motivated by hate, currently pose one of the biggest terrorism threats to the U.S.

"The Homeland is facing threats that have evolved significantly and become increasingly complex and volatile in 2021," the bulletin says. "These threats include those posed by domestic terrorists, individuals and groups engaged in grievance-based violence, and those inspired or influenced by foreign terrorists and other malign foreign influences. Social media and online forums are increasingly exploited by these actors to influence and spread violent extremist narratives and activity. Such threats also are exacerbated by the impacts from the ongoing global pandemic."

The bulletin builds on one issued in January shortly after the Jan. 6 insurrection and Biden's inaugural warning of threats from extremists, including those fueled by "false narratives."

Mayorkas in a statement Friday that the terrorism-related threat landscape has grown "more complex, more dynamic, and more diversified than it was several years ago."

16x9_m.jpg

Jes McKenzie

BANNED
Registered
BB1gJkGy.img

Lab accident theory on COVID-19 origin must be probed seriously, scientists say
Pierre Briançon 48 mins ago
The theory that the COVID-19 pandemic was triggered by a laboratory leak “remains viable” and “more investigation is still needed to determine [its] origin,” a group of scientists wrote on Thursday in the journal Science, throwing doubt on a recent World Health Organization report about the origin of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

© AFP via Getty Images The P4 laboratory at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in Wuhan, in China's central Hubei province.
  • The scientists write that “theories of accidental release from a lab and zoonotic spillover [i.e. the transmission from animal to human] both remain viable,” but that the two theories “were not given balanced consideration” in the WHO report that deemed the spillover from a bat “likely to be very likely.”
  • The signatories include Prof. Ravindra Gupta, a clinical microbiologist at the University of Cambridge, Dr. Jesse Bloom, a researcher on the evolution of viruses at the Seattle-based Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and Prof. David Relman, a microbiologist at Stanford University School of Medicine.
  • The authors note that the “information, data, and samples for the [WHO] study’s first phase were collected and summarized by the Chinese half of the team.” The WHO-led team had spent four weeks in January and February in and around Wuhan, China, where the virus was first detected.
  • A proper investigation should be “transparent, objective, data-driven, inclusive of broad expertise, subject to independent oversight, and responsibly managed to minimize the impact of conflicts of interest,” the letter concludes.
© AFP via Getty Images
Read: Global tally of COVID-19 cases tops 160 million as U.S. gears up to vaccinate 12- to 15-year-olds

The outlook. The letter by world-renowned scientists will rekindle debates about the Chinese influences in the WHO, which critics allege risk compromising the organization’s scientific integrity on matters deemed sensitive by Beijing.
The WHO-China team that wrote the report, published on March 30, did visit the Wuhan Institute of Virology but wasn’t authorized to investigate what had happened on the premises. And skeptics, led by the U.S. government, noted that China had limited access to information by international scientists.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Got my second shot today.
I got my second shot on the 12th at 1 p.m. At 6:15 the next morning, I woke up with a neck ache and very mild flu-like symptoms.
The feeling peaked at around 2 p.m. and I took a nap. By 5 p.m., I was back to normal except a little itching at the injection site.

My son didn't have any of that after his second shot which is what prompted me to go ahead and get my first jab.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Virus That Shook the World: Part One (full documentary) | FRONTLINE

Filmed in 21 countries, the panoramic story of the coronavirus pandemic’s first year as seen through the eyes of people all across the world. Part one of a two-part series.

The Virus That Shook the World: Part Two (full documentary) | FRONTLINE

How the first year of the coronavirus pandemic unfolded, as seen through the eyes of people all across the world. Part two of a two-part series.