"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Jes McKenzie

BANNED
Registered
IXR3FHB6EZB4TG36AMY52GX6CE.jpg

Elderly Man Dies Hours After Covid19 Vaccination in Bareilly

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Another Covid19 Vaccination Coincidental Death

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Trump officials celebrated efforts to change CDC reports on coronavirus, emails show

Political appointees also tried to blunt scientific findings they deemed unfavorable to Trump, according to new documents from House probe.

By Dan Diamond
April 9, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. EDT

Trump appointees in the Department of Health and Human Services last year privately touted their efforts to block or alter scientists’ reports on the coronavirus to more closely align with then-President Donald Trump’s more optimistic messages about the outbreak, according to newly released documents from congressional investigators.

The documents provide further insight into how senior Trump officials approached last year’s explosion of coronavirus cases in the United States. Even as career government scientists worked to combat the virus, a cadre of Trump appointees was attempting to blunt the scientists’ messages, edit their findings and equip the president with an alternate set of talking points.

Then-science adviser Paul Alexander wrote to then-HHS public affairs chief Michael Caputo on Sept. 9, 2020, touting two examples of where he said officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had bowed to his pressure and changed language in their reports, according to an email obtained by the House’s select subcommittee on the coronavirus outbreak.

Pointing to one change — in which CDC leaders allegedly changed the opening sentence of a report about the spread of the virus among younger people after Alexander pressured them — Alexander wrote to Caputo, calling it a “small victory but a victory nonetheless and yippee!!!”

In the same email, Alexander touted another example of a change to a weekly report from the CDC that he said the agency made in response to his demands. The Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports (MMWR), which offer public updates on scientists’ findings, had been considered sacrosanct for decades and untouchable by political appointees in the past.

Two days later, Alexander appealed to then-White House adviser Scott Atlas to help him dispute an upcoming CDC report on coronavirus-related deaths among young Americans.

“Can you help me craft an op-ed,” Alexander wrote to Atlas on Sept. 11, alleging the CDC report was “timed for the election” and an attempt to keep schools closed even as Trump pushed to reopen them. “Let us advise the President and get permission to preempt this please for it will run for the weekend so we need to blunt the edge as it is misleading.”

Alexander and other officials also strategized on how to help Trump argue to reopen the economy in the midst of the coronavirus outbreak, despite scientists’ warnings about the potential risks.

“I know the President wants us to enumerate the economic cost of not reopening. We need solid estimates to be able to say something like: 50,000 more cancer deaths! 40,000 more heart attacks! 25,000 more suicides!” Caputo wrote to Alexander on May 16, 2020, in an email obtained by the subcommittee.

Click Above Link For Full Story

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
The "fashion mask" is here: Will.i.am launches $299 high-tech face covering

1617714721767.jpg
Will.i.am wears the "Xupermask."

Will.i.am, founder of the Black Eyed Peas, is launching a $299 mask — complete with noise cancellation headphones — with help from N95 manufacturer Honeywell.

Why it matters: The rapper and entrepreneur is betting people will splurge on a souped-up face covering as a fashion statement and for its wearable tech element, even as the pandemic eases and the pace of vaccinations pick up.

The intrigue: Will.i.am tells Axios he's been thinking about this type of hyped-up mask since the onset of the pandemic. Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff helped broker the Honeywell connection after seeing earlier prototypes of the mask. (He's known Benioff for 15 years.)

Details: The "Xupermask" (pronounced super mask) comes with Honeywell's HEPA ventilation filters — designed for consumer, not medical, use. It has bluetooth connectivity and comes with an earbud docking system.

• It launches Thursday — and will be sold directly to customers online.
  • Will.i.am says he hasn't had yet had conversations with any retailers to sell the mask, though it's a possibility "as we gear up towards the holidays."

{"uid":0.7743051283955526,"hostPeerName":"https://www.axios.com","initialGeometry":"{\"windowCoords_t\":0,\"windowCoords_r\":1024,\"windowCoords_b\":460,\"windowCoords_l\":0,\"frameCoords_t\":121,\"frameCoords_r\":818,\"frameCoords_b\":245,\"frameCoords_l\":193,\"posCoords_t\":121,\"posCoords_b\":245,\"posCoords_r\":818,\"posCoords_l\":193,\"styleZIndex\":\"\",\"allowedExpansion_r\":399,\"allowedExpansion_b\":336,\"allowedExpansion_t\":0,\"allowedExpansion_l\":0,\"yInView\":1,\"xInView\":1}","permissions":"{\"expandByOverlay\":true,\"expandByPush\":true,\"readCookie\":false,\"writeCookie\":false}","metadata":"{\"shared\":{\"sf_ver\":\"1-0-38\",\"ck_on\":1,\"flash_ver\":\"26.0.0\",\"canonical_url\":\"https://www.axios.com/smart-mask-will-i-am-6f45c2a5-04f2-4309-b7a9-7559811013dc.html\",\"amp\":{\"canonical_url\":\"https://www.axios.com/smart-mask-will-i-am-6f45c2a5-04f2-4309-b7a9-7559811013dc.html\"}}}","reportCreativeGeometry":false,"isDifferentSourceWindow":false,"sentinel":"0-14182316494145583487","height":124,"_context":{"ampcontextVersion":"2103261048002","ampcontextFilepath":"https://3p.ampproject.net/2103261048002/ampcontext-v0.js","sourceUrl":"https://www.axios.com/smart-mask-will-i-am-6f45c2a5-04f2-4309-b7a9-7559811013dc.html","referrer":"https://www.google.com/","canonicalUrl":"https://www.axios.com/smart-mask-will-i-am-6f45c2a5-04f2-4309-b7a9-7559811013dc.html","pageViewId":"3016","location":{"href":"https://www.axios.com/smart-mask-will-i-am-6f45c2a5-04f2-4309-b7a9-7559811013dc.html"},"startTime":1618001512252,"tagName":"AMP-AD","mode":{"localDev":false,"development":false,"esm":false,"minified":true,"lite":false,"test":false,"version":"2103261048002","rtvVersion":"012103261048002"},"canary":false,"hidden":false,"initialLayoutRect":{"left":193,"top":121,"width":625,"height":124},"domFingerprint":"1926030498","experimentToggles":{"canary":false,"a4aProfilingRate":false,"adsense-ad-size-optimization":true,"amp-accordion-display-locking":true,"doubleclickSraExp":false,"doubleclickSraReportExcludedBlock":false,"expand-json-targeting":true,"flexAdSlots":false,"ios-fixed-no-transfer":false,"visibility-trigger-improvements":true,"layout-aspect-ratio-css":false,"sticky-ad-transition":false,"disable-a4a-non-sd":true,"tcf-post-message-proxy-api":true,"amp-consent-granular-consent":true,"amp-cid-backup":true,"3p-vendor-split":false,"story-ad-placements":false},"sentinel":"0-14182316494145583487"},"initialIntersection":{"time":1633.3737,"rootBounds":{"left":0,"top":0,"width":1024,"height":460,"bottom":460,"right":1024,"x":0,"y":0},"boundingClientRect":{"left":193,"top":121,"width":625,"height":124,"bottom":245,"right":818,"x":193,"y":121},"intersectionRect":{"left":193,"top":121,"width":625,"height":124,"bottom":245,"right":818,"x":193,"y":121},"intersectionRatio":1}}" width="625" height="124" title="3rd party ad content" class="i-amphtml-fill-content" id="google_ads_iframe_1" src="https://044e504e2ba15b4ecc8853da43f....com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html?n=0" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="" style="width: 625px; height: 124px;" allowtransparency="" data-amp-3p-sentinel="0-14182316494145583487" allow="sync-xhr 'none';">

Make your busy days simpler with Axios AM/PM. Catch up on what's new and why it matters in just 5 minutes.
Enter your email address
Please enter a valid email.
Subscription failedSubscribe for free
Thank you for subscribing!

Catch up on the day's biggest business stories
Subscribe to Axios Closer for insights into the day’s business news and trends and why they matter
Enter your email address

Stay on top of the latest market trends
Subscribe to Axios Markets for the latest market trends and economic insights. Sign up for free.
Enter your email address

Sports news worthy of your time
Binge on the stats and stories that drive the sports world with Axios Sports. Sign up for free.
Enter your email address

Tech news worthy of your time
Get our smart take on technology from the Valley and D.C. with Axios Login. Sign up for free.
Enter your email address

Get the inside stories
Get an insider's guide to the new White House with Axios Sneak Peek. Sign up for free.
Enter your email address

Catch up on coronavirus stories and special reports, curated by Mike Allen everyday
Catch up on coronavirus stories and special reports, curated by Mike Allen everyday
Enter your email address

Want a daily digest of the top Denver news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Denver
Enter your email address

Want a daily digest of the top Des Moines news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Des Moines
Enter your email address

Want a daily digest of the top Twin Cities news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Twin Cities
Enter your email address

Want a daily digest of the top Tampa Bay news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Tampa Bay
Enter your email address

Want a daily digest of the top Charlotte news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Charlotte
Enter your email address

Enter your email address
Apr 6, 2021 - Economy & BusinessThe "fashion mask" is here: Will.i.am launches high-tech face covering
Courtenay Brown

Will.i.am wears the "Xupermask." Photo: Honeywell

Will.i.am, founder of the Black Eyed Peas, is launching a $299 mask — complete with noise cancellation headphones — with help from N95 manufacturer Honeywell.

Why it matters: The rapper and entrepreneur is betting people will splurge on a souped-up face covering as a fashion statement and for its wearable tech element, even as the pandemic eases and the pace of vaccinations pick up.

The intrigue: Will.i.am tells Axios he's been thinking about this type of hyped-up mask since the onset of the pandemic. Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff helped broker the Honeywell connection after seeing earlier prototypes of the mask. (He's known Benioff for 15 years.)

Details: The "Xupermask" (pronounced super mask) comes with Honeywell's HEPA ventilation filters — designed for consumer, not medical, use. It has bluetooth connectivity and comes with an earbud docking system.

• It launches Thursday — and will be sold directly to customers online.
  • Will.i.am says he hasn't had yet had conversations with any retailers to sell the mask, though it's a possibility "as we gear up towards the holidays."
The backdrop: Some states have dropped mask mandates, though big businesses still require them for the most part.

• The CDC recently said the inoculated can socialize indoors maskless with low-risk or other vaccinated people. But it still recommends they mask up in public.
What they're saying: "I wish it wasn't the case but masks will be here for a while," Will.i.am tells Axios.

• The question is how many will shell out big bucks for a high-tech face covering — or opt for a cloth or paper mask with just as sufficient protection.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Jes McKenzie

BANNED
Registered

Local teen diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome questions COVID-19 vaccine after receiving first dose
THE WOODLANDS, Texas – Wyatt McGlaun, a teenager in The Woodlands, said he got Guillan-Barre syndrome a few weeks after his first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

“I wanted to get the vaccine. I felt it was the right thing to do,” McGlaun said. “I wanted to travel and enjoy my last summer before college.”

However, he said, he got extremely weak and had difficulty walking when he was admitted to CHI St. Luke’s in The Woodlands where he was diagnosed.

“I just knew something didn’t feel right. It wasn’t getting any better,” Wyatt explained.

The NIH reports one case of GBS in an 82-year-old woman, who also got one dose of the vaccine.

Dr. Charles Sims, Montgomery County Health Authority and infectious disease doctor from St. Luke’s in The Woodlands, said it is more often caused by a viral or bacterial infection and he can’t say the vaccine caused Wyatt’s condition.

“There have been cases seen in people who have received the vaccine but they’re not at any higher rate than people who have not received the vaccine. Guillan Barre is seen in one-two people per million per year,” Dr. Sims said.

Jes McKenzie

BANNED
Registered
BB1fuide.img

Lincoln city councilmember reveals he suffered stroke after receiving COVID-19 vaccine
Lincoln City Councilman Roy Christensen revealed Friday that he suffered a stroke the same day he got his COVID-19 vaccine.

Christensen said he got the Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday and the same day, began to experience strange symptoms.

"Later in the day I began to experience a loss of feeling in my left arm and left leg. On Thursday I consulted with my doctor and mostly rested at home. By Friday morning my condition had not improved and my wife Ramiel drove me to the emergency room at CHI St. Elizabeth. After a battery of tests it was determined that I suffered a small stroke and I was admitted for further observation," he wrote.

He said he continues to experience loss of feeling in his arm and leg.

"The doctors have told me they are unable to positively connect the Pfizer shot to the small stroke or rule out a connection," he said.

Christensen said he expects to return to work next week and thanked the community for prayers.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
California says "I'll see your mutated COVID virus.... and raise your mutated COVID virus.....

106800126-1605876209347-gettyimages-1229687824-CALIFORNIA_VIRUS.jpeg
A medical worker wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) inserts a Covid-19 test tube into a box at a drive-thru testing site at the Alemany Farmers Market in San Francisco, California, Nov. 19, 2020.

Researchers identify five new cases of ‘double mutant’ Covid variant in California

KEY POINTS
  • A variant of the coronavirus that has two mutations was recently detected in the San Francisco Bay Area by researchers at Stanford University.
  • Five more cases of the “double mutant” strain have been detected since.
  • This particular variant originated in India and is responsible for a recent 55% surge in the state of Maharashtra following months of falling cases.
Stanford University researchers have identified five new cases of a “double mutant” Covid-19 strain that was recently discovered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Doctors suspect it could be more contagious than earlier strains and may be resistant to existing vaccines.

The new variant originated in India where it’s credited with a recent 55% surge in cases in the state of Maharashtra, home to Mumbai, after months of declining cases.

It contains two key mutations, which scientists call E484Q and L452R, that have been found separately in other variants but not together in a single strain, according to Dr. Benjamin Pinsky, medical director of Stanford’s clinical virology laboratory, which discovered the new variant in the U.S.

“There’s a decent amount of information of how these mutations behave in viruses on their own, but not in combination,” Pinsky said in an interview.
In other variants, the L452R mutation has been shown to make the virus more transmissible. There is also evidence that antibodies don’t recognize that mutation, which has been found in other strains to reduce the effectiveness of vaccines.
The E484Q mutation has also been shown to be less susceptible to neutralizing antibodies, which help fight the coronavirus. It’s still too early to tell if the mutation makes the virus more contagious.

“But you’d expect that in combination with L452R that there may be an increase in transmission as well as reduction in antibody neutralization,” Pinsky said.

If the mutation makes the virus more resistant to antibodies, that could reduce the effectiveness of both vaccines as well as antibody treatments that have become a critical tool for doctors in fighting Covid-19, according to Pinsky.

“I suspect that existing vaccines will be slightly less effective in preventing infection by this new variant,” he said, “but all of the vaccines are extremely effective in preventing hospitalizations and deaths.”

Eli Lilly’s bamlanivimab antibody treatment has been shown to be less effective in treating strains that contain the E484Q or L452R mutations. U.S. health regulators halted distribution of that antibody treatment last month, saying it wasn’t that effective against the new variants.

CONTINUED:
Double-mutant Covid: Researchers identify five new cases of variant in California (cnbc.com)

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
California says "I'll see your mutated COVID virus.... and raise your mutated COVID virus.....

106800126-1605876209347-gettyimages-1229687824-CALIFORNIA_VIRUS.jpeg
A medical worker wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) inserts a Covid-19 test tube into a box at a drive-thru testing site at the Alemany Farmers Market in San Francisco, California, Nov. 19, 2020.

Researchers identify five new cases of ‘double mutant’ Covid variant in California

KEY POINTS
  • A variant of the coronavirus that has two mutations was recently detected in the San Francisco Bay Area by researchers at Stanford University.
  • Five more cases of the “double mutant” strain have been detected since.
  • This particular variant originated in India and is responsible for a recent 55% surge in the state of Maharashtra following months of falling cases.
Stanford University researchers have identified five new cases of a “double mutant” Covid-19 strain that was recently discovered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Doctors suspect it could be more contagious than earlier strains and may be resistant to existing vaccines.

The new variant originated in India where it’s credited with a recent 55% surge in cases in the state of Maharashtra, home to Mumbai, after months of declining cases.

It contains two key mutations, which scientists call E484Q and L452R, that have been found separately in other variants but not together in a single strain, according to Dr. Benjamin Pinsky, medical director of Stanford’s clinical virology laboratory, which discovered the new variant in the U.S.

“There’s a decent amount of information of how these mutations behave in viruses on their own, but not in combination,” Pinsky said in an interview.
In other variants, the L452R mutation has been shown to make the virus more transmissible. There is also evidence that antibodies don’t recognize that mutation, which has been found in other strains to reduce the effectiveness of vaccines.
The E484Q mutation has also been shown to be less susceptible to neutralizing antibodies, which help fight the coronavirus. It’s still too early to tell if the mutation makes the virus more contagious.

“But you’d expect that in combination with L452R that there may be an increase in transmission as well as reduction in antibody neutralization,” Pinsky said.

If the mutation makes the virus more resistant to antibodies, that could reduce the effectiveness of both vaccines as well as antibody treatments that have become a critical tool for doctors in fighting Covid-19, according to Pinsky.

“I suspect that existing vaccines will be slightly less effective in preventing infection by this new variant,” he said, “but all of the vaccines are extremely effective in preventing hospitalizations and deaths.”

Eli Lilly’s bamlanivimab antibody treatment has been shown to be less effective in treating strains that contain the E484Q or L452R mutations. U.S. health regulators halted distribution of that antibody treatment last month, saying it wasn’t that effective against the new variants.

CONTINUED:
Double-mutant Covid: Researchers identify five new cases of variant in California (cnbc.com)

Not good

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
'Hand of God': Brazilian Nurses Use Gloves Filled with Warm Water to Create 'Human Touch' for Covid-19 Patients

blob

The coronavirus pandemic has affected the entire world alike. While the effect of the virus on the human body can be deadly, mental health issues and other social effects from it are also serious in nature. Since the coronavirus is so contagious, the recovery process from it involves complete physical isolation making it more difficult for the patients. In a bid to comfort isolated COVID-19 patient, nurses have come with the idea to mimic the ‘human touch’. This invention by the Brazilian nurses is made up of two disposable gloves tied to each other and filled with hot water.

Now, the picture of this ‘human touch’ idea has gone viral on the internet. Journalist Sadiq Bhat of the Gulf News tweeted the picture and termed the idea as ‘The Hand of God’. He also saluted the front-line workers who have been at constant risk during this battle against the Coronavirus and added that the picture was a reminder of the ‘grim’ situation.

The picture has already got over 5k likes and over a thousand retweets. In their reaction to the tweet, many users praised the nurses for this noble idea. The coronavirus pandemic is seeing a resurgence in Brazil as the country reported over 4000 daily deaths by the virus, for the first time in 2021. There has been a constant rise in the number of deaths taking the number of totals death count to 3,37,000 now.

However, despite the rise in the number of cases and death, Brazil’s president Jair Bolsonaro has ruled out any possibility of nationwide lockdown. Bolsonaro has often been criticized for his approach in handling the pandemic. India too is witnessing the second wave of the Coronavirus and is reporting over 1 lakh daily cases already. Yesterday, 1.31 lakh new cases were reported, which includes 56, 286 cases from Maharashtra alone.

'Hand of God': Brazilian Nurses Use Gloves Filled with Warm Water to Create 'Human Touch' for Covid-19 Patients (yahoo.com)

Jes McKenzie

BANNED
Registered

Georgia has become the latest state to temporarily shut down a vaccination site

Georgia has become the latest state to temporarily shut down a vaccination site after multiple people reported adverse reactions to the Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Pfizer has asked the FDA to expand emergency use of its COVID-19 vaccine to adolescents, as cases spike in children. CBS News researcher Max Bayer joins CBSN to discuss. CBSN is CBS News’ 24/7 digital streaming news service featuring live, anchored coverage available for free across all platforms. Launched in November 2014, the service is a premier destination for breaking news and original storytelling from the deep bench of CBS News correspondents and reporters. CBSN features the top stories of the day as well as deep dives into key issues facing the nation and the world. CBSN has also expanded to launch local news streaming services in major markets across the country. CBSN is currently available on CBSNews.com and the CBS News app across more than 20 platforms, as well as the Paramount+ subscription service.

Jes McKenzie

BANNED
Registered

North Carolina, Denver sites halt J&J shots after adverse reactions
Wake County announced Thursday evening that it stopped administering Johnson & Johnson doses at PNC Arena after 18 of the more than 2,300 people vaccinated experienced adverse reactions, including four individuals who were taken to hospitals and are expected to be released.