WOW! Janeane Garofalo Defends Louis C.K.: ‘Leave Him Alone…He Has Paid Heavily’

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
There are a handful of Black men in there but it's overwhelmingly CACs and CAC Jewish men. Other than Weinstien, Spacey, and Singer, how many others have been in heavy rotation in the media/social media?
These CACs are getting charges quietly dropped or reduced, severence packages so they can be comfortably put out to pasture, and there lacks a call for the incarceration of these CACs or aspiring DAs and Prosecutors looking to make a name for themselves by going after these offenders. Garaofalo is leading the pack to ask for leniency and for everybody to look away.
Where are the Survivors being spread on National circulars and News programs? Where are the Docu-Series based on them?
Thanks for the link to that story...keep me posted of any changes in Laws that Legislators make based on the actions of those listed in the article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/04/05/entertainment/weinstein-timeline/index.html

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/ct-me-too-timeline-20171208-htmlstory.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...tweet-in-solidarity-the-response-was-massive/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...tweet-in-solidarity-the-response-was-massive/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...-too-movement-metoo-brett-kavanaugh-weinstein

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/entertainment-arts-41594672

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...ed-of-raping-german-1507133265-htmlstory.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...ape-charges-explained-samantha-geimer-robin-m

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...-nassar-actually-did-his-patients/1065165001/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...d2991367d9d_story.html?utm_term=.fbfceb98e552

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c2136a0e4b05c88b6fb6a4a/amp

Alumni

Lover of huge titties
Platinum Member
Once again, they didn't ask for him to do that to then, he asked and he had the right to ask.

Secondly, he was in a position of power how? He was a burgeoning comedian but he didn't own a network or a comedy club, no he asked fellow female comedians and others he met at clubs if he could jerk off in front of him and if they said NO he didn't do it. Even Sarah Silverman agreed to let him do it as well as others. Remember this goes back over 20 years, this was his kink and he asked women if he could do it, instead of asking women if he could fuck them. Would that have made it better if he was a Leonardo DiCaprio type and basically asked every woman to fuck?

If there is no Quid Pro Quo involved than you have the right to say no but if you don't then you can't claim #metoo - because basically, it was a sucky date and if you read most of these metoo situations, they are a lot of sucky dates and female regrets that they are on someone's hit chart as missioned accomplished.

I don't know if we disagree as much as maybe we are operating with a different understanding of the facts because otherwise what you are essentially saying men cannot ask for certain sexual acts, they can only do what a woman requests or ask for and I am certain that not what you are saying.

So I think the disagreement is when is it appropriate for when to be able to ask and he position in relation to that woman.

So if I work in a grocery store and she is a lawyer and we go out can I ask if we can have sex? Then can I ask to do a particular sex act?

No flip it and you are a lawyer and the woman is a paralegal but doesn't work for you or your firm and you ask her to have sex? Is that wrong? Can she say no or is she afraid that you know the people she works for and could cost her a job even though you never mentioned it - it the "fear" of having her job affected though it was never mentioned.

the issue is asking versus demanding - and I dont see the demand or the real threat.

Not only are we on the same page... we're on the same paragraph, sentence, and word. Great posts.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Louis CK will be fine. He's a white man fuck sakes. Cac's protect each other like many other racial groups. Never be surprised when white women give white men a pass. White women give birth to white babies after breeding with white men remember.

But thats the thing

Louie aint white

He mexican.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Even Sarah Silverman agreed to let him do it as well as others.

https://www.celebrity-slips.com/sar...-24th-annual-critics-choice-awards-36306.html

https://www.celebrity-slips.com/celebrities/sarah-silverman

sarah-silverman-deep-cleavage-at-the-24th-annual-critics-choice-awards-01.jpg

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I don't really have much against this Small Bonnet, I know she's had her moments worthy of the side eye, but for some reason I've always wanted to smut her out.
I mean just downright grudge fuck the shit out of her even though there ain't much of shit to her.:devil: :hellyea::rise::fucking::dunno:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Louis C.K. Accuser Speaks Out: ‘What C.K. Did Was Not Done With Consent’
By Megh Wright@megh_wright
Louis C.K. Photo: Brian de Rivera Simon/WireImage

One of the five women who accused Louis C.K. of sexual misconduct in a 2017 New York Times report has come forward publicly for the first time to clear up an important part of her story. Julia Wolov, one half of the comedy team Dana & Julia, wrote a piece for Canadian Jewish News this week, and its title gets right to the point: “Counterpoint: I Didn’t Consent to Louis C.K. Masturbating in Front of Me.” Wolov wrote the piece in response to an op-ed the site published from Toronto comedy-club owner Mark Breslin last week titled “Why I Brought Louis C.K. Back From the Dead,” in which he got several facts about the C.K. story wrong, most importantly the claim that the women gave C.K. their consent before he masturbated in front of them. “Contrary to Breslin’s accounting, what C.K. did was not done with consent. We never agreed nor asked him to take all his clothes off and masturbate to completion in front of us. But it didn’t matter because the exciting part for him was the fear on our faces,” Wolov writes. “Just as it must be very exciting for Breslin to be one of the only comedy clubs to book Louis C.K. and write about it in the Canadian Jewish News.”

Breslin, who owns the Toronto comedy club Yuk Yuk’s, wrote the initial op-ed to explain why he recently welcomed C.K. to his club to perform eight shows over five nights and how financially successful the run of shows turned out to be, noting that the club broke a record with how fast the shows sold out. “Tickets were seen on resale sites selling up to $1,000 a ticket,” he wrote. (Breslin also mentions a Vulture article he was featured in back in January, in which 17 club owners said whether or not they’d book C.K. at their venue. Breslin said yes at the time, adding, “We should only be so lucky to book him.”) He goes on to say that he “conducted an unscientific market survey” among people he knew to hear people’s thoughts on the C.K. controversy and concluded that “a lot of people felt he had been treated unfairly,” which ultimately led to his decision to book the comedian at Yuk Yuk’s.

Wolov also takes issue with the way Breslin wraps up his article, in which he talks about C.K. revealing onstage that his grandfather was a Hungarian Jew who escaped the Nazis. When Breslin heard this, “I felt even better about my decision to book him,” he wrote.

“Since Breslin seems to take pride in his Judaism, he should know that four of the five women from the Times article are Jewish. The author’s attempt to convince himself and the Jewish community of the validity of supporting C.K. by saying he is part Jewish is shameful,” Wolov writes, adding that she receives “consistent hate mail” and even death threats from C.K. supporters: “Did this factor into the author’s ‘unscientific market survey’?”

“We too work in comedy. We will probably never make tens of millions of dollars to lose. Louis C.K. is still very wealthy,” Wolov continues. “Although we may never have the stature to perform at Yuk Yuk’s, we will continue to navigate our careers the best we can. So, when you pat yourself on the back for Louis C.K.’s career resurgence and helping your business thrive, maybe think about the human beings encumbered in this story.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Louis C.K. Reemerges With $7.99 Comedy Special During This ‘Shitty, Shitty Time’
By Devon Ivie@devonsaysrelax
Photo: Brian de Rivera Simon/WireImage
13-louis-ck.w330.h330.jpg

Several months after returning to the stand-up circuit and doing everything in his power to stop people from recording his sets, Louis C.K. has unleashed a new comedy special into the world to make us feel, uh, even more varying emotions amid the coronavirus pandemic. The special, titled Sincerely C.K., is going against the current norm by not being free, and costs $7.99 to purchase on his official website. “Anyway, for those who need to laugh, I hope my new show will help,” the comedian said in a statement. “For those of you that can’t laugh right now I just wish you all the peace you can grab in this shitty, shitty time.” In 2017, C.K. was accused by multiple women of sexual misconduct, which included forcing young comics to watch him masturbate. He later admitted that “these stories are true” and that he “wielded that power irresponsibly.” Remember, definitely don’t pirate Sincerely C.K. He would sure hate that.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
The special, titled Sincerely C.K., is going against the current norm by not being free, and costs $7.99 to purchase on his official website.
This could affect his rates from here on out based on how many unique IPs make the purchase of his PPV. If people don't turn out in numbers, it could be taken that he's not the draw that he once was, but if he makes somewhat of a windfall (or at least profits) that would do a good deal for his value and his brand. That's quite risky.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Here's what went down during Louis C.K.'s set at Dave Chappelle's recent comedy show

A source who was at the event tells EW that a heckler interrupted C.K.'s set at one point and referenced the comedian's sexual misconduct allegations.
By Rachel Yang
August 12, 2020 at 07:17 PM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore
LESTER COHEN/WIREIMAGE; LAURA CAVANAUGH/FILMMAGIC
Dave Chappelle' recent inclusion of Louis C.K. at his summer stand-up series caught some people by surprise, but all other details seemed wrapped in secrecy. Did C.K. actually perform? How did audiences react to the controversial comedian?
EW can confirm that C.K. did indeed perform the night of Aug. 5 as part of the ongoing Dave Chappelle & Friends: An Intimate Socially Distanced Affair (also known as Chappelle's Summer Camp online) in Yellow Springs, Ohio.

According to a source who attended the event and who requested to stay anonymous, C.K. served as the de facto "secret headliner," as his set followed those by Chappelle and comics Michelle Wolf and Mo Amer.
"It was a mixed-to-positive reaction at the beginning," they tell EW of C.K.'s surprise appearance. "He was not really on his game and he got some hecklers about halfway through."

The highlight of C.K.'s 20-minute set followed an interruption by a heckler who referenced the sexual misconduct allegations against the comedian, our source says.
The comic was doing "silly, non-distinct" impressions of random people and asked the roughly 250 attendees to give him suggestions. "From the back, some guy was like, 'How about the toilet seat you jerked off on?'" the audience member says. "People were like, 'Oh, crap. That was brutal.' And then he had a pretty good comeback, which was, 'I don't do my best material on these shows.'"
Although that earned C.K. laughs, we're told it generally felt like the comic was either phoning it in or workshopping half-baked material, as he had a notebook with him. Unlike his prior sets that garnered controversy, such as in 2018 when he mocked transgender people and the Parkland shooting survivors, C.K. stayed away from political or risqué topics this time around.

Still, the atmosphere during C.K.'s performance was uncomfortable, according to the audience member.
"Everybody was on pins and needles," they say. "Of all the people that could've been the secret headliner, it was way out of left field."
Ahead of C.K.'s set, we're told that Chappelle gave him a short-but-sweet introduction, describing the comic as "somebody whose comedy I admired for his whole career" and said "a lot of you will recognize him."
The glowing preface shouldn't come as a shock, given that Chappelle defended C.K. after the latter was accused of sexual misconduct by five women in 2017 (allegations which he later said were true).
The two are longtime friends and in his Netflix comedy special Sticks & Stones, Chappelle stood up for the former Louie star.
"Louis C.K. was a very good friend of mine before he died in that terrible masturbation accident…He didn’t do anything you can call the police for," the comedian said in his 2019 special. "They ruined this n—’s life, and now he’s coming back playing comedy clubs and they’re acting like if he’s able to do that that’s going to hurt women. What the f— is your agenda, ladies?"
Overall, C.K.'s segment notwithstanding, our source says the two and a half hours were enjoyable. The standout of the night for them was Amer's 7-minute set, during which the Ramy star riffed about confusing governmental COVID-19 mandates. Besides Chappelle, no one else on the lineup was announced ahead of time when attendees bought tickets online.
Another reason for the positive experience was the lengths Chappelle and the organizers took with safety precautions in the face of the pandemic.
Seats came in twos, and everyone was spaced out 10 feet apart. Not only were there hand sanitizer stations, but we're told workers were around to supervise if people actually cleaned their hands. Additionally, there was a temperature check station, Chappelle-branded face masks for every attendee, and employees who scanned people with security wands. The comics themselves did not don masks but were separated from the audience by what resembled a fence and only one person took the stage at a time.
The staffers were so vigilant, the source tells EW, that any time an audience member pulled down their mask, they were quickly reminded to put it back on. They say they saw multiple people who had apparently attended previous Chappelle shows, as they arrived with branded masks.
"[Chappelle's] trying to prove that if you're responsible, you can do a good performance, some way some how," the audience member says.
Security was tight as well, as attendees had to put away their phones in Yondr cases that prevented them from accessing their devices until the event ended.
And with looming questions about whether Chappelle will actually publicly release any of the footage from the sets (aside from June's 8:46 special), our source says production had at least one video camera recording the performances. This means Chappelle is at least planning to archive and store the footage, if not release it.
Despite any of the event's hiccups, our source says they had a good time and from what they saw, so did others in the crowd.
"Overall it was an excellent and unique experience," they say. "When else are you going to see a comedy show in a giant field wearing a mask, with 10 feet between everybody? It's definitely a once-in-a-lifetime thing."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Not a joke: Louis C.K. won a Grammy for Best Comedy Album

Reality: 1, Cancel Culture: 0

By Nick RomanoApril 04, 2022 at 09:37 AM EDT

Need proof that "cancel culture" isn't real? See Louis C.K., a man who went back on the stand-up comedy circuit less than a year after admitting in 2017 to pulling out his penis and masturbating in front of female comics. And last night, less than five years after those stories came to light, the Recording Academy awarded Louis C.K. a Grammy.
C.K.'s Sincerely Louis C.K. won Best Comedy Album in a category that included Nate Bargatze's The Greatest Average American, Lewis Black's Thanks for Risking Your Life, Lavell Crawford's The Comedy Vaccine, Chelsea Handler's Evolution, and Kevin Hart's Zero F---s Given.
The comedian didn't appear at the 2022 Grammys ceremony, which was held Sunday night at the MGM Grand Las Vegas. CBS also didn't televise his win.

Louis C.K. won a Grammy for Best Comedy Album, less than five years since admitting to sexual misconduct.

C.K. jokes about the sexual misconduct on the album itself. In 2017, five women from the comedy world came forward in a New York Times exposé to detail their own personal horror stories with the comedian. The accounts had a theme: C.K. would routinely start masturbating in front of women without permission, or he would ask them to watch him masturbate. In a statement released at the time, C.K. said "these stories are true," but he maintained "I never showed a woman my dick without asking first."
"I have been remorseful of my actions. And I've tried to learn from them. And run from them," he said at the time. "Now I'm aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position."

C.K. had lost a considerable amount of work in the fallout from the revelations, but he went back to stand-up comedy in 2018. By 2020, The Washington Post reported he was again selling out comedy venues. Dave Chappelle — who's now also a controversial figure for his comments on trans people — helped rehabilitate C.K.'s public image by bringing him out as a surprise guest at a 2020 comedy show.
You can bet C.K.'s Grammy win this year sparked some pretty strong reactions on social media.
"If you don't give a shit about those women, f--- you, bad on you, this isn't just about Louis, this is about those PEOPLE and what he did to them," tweeted Wendy Molyneux, a Bob's Burgers writer who's also working on the script for Deadpool 3. "He's a shitty little man with a shitty little problem and f--- people who don't care about stuff like this. I'm so annoyed."
"You think it's silly, you think it's funny, you've probably never felt like someone was gonna kill you if you didn't do what they wanted sexually in the moment," she added. "It's not very silly when it happens, not much of a goof. Anyway, f--- Louis CK, f--- Woody Allen, f--- the whole system."

Michael Ian Black, who sparked a backlash of his own when he supported C.K.'s return to stand-up in 2018, tweeted that he didn't even know C.K. put an album out last year.

"There's a lot of funny stuff on the album but it's impossible not to listen to him in a different way than before," he tweets as part of a thread. "He tries to move past the sexual stuff right at the top, but it's pat, and all it does is remind me that he never had a public atonement. That's obviously a choice."

His full Twitter thread, as well as other social media reactions to C.K.'s win, can be found below.

In other news, music producer Lukasz Sebastian Gottwald, a.k.a. Dr. Luke, who is still in a legal battle with Kesha after she accused him of sexual assault, was nominated for two Grammys for his work on the songs "Kiss Me More" and "Best Friend." (He lost.) Cancel culture, amirite?