"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

You know what amazes me,the people that says the flu kills more yet they don't even bother going to the CDC website.

There were 24,000 - 67,000 estimated flu deaths,last year yet in 8 months this virus done killed over 200,000 people in this country...And,they're saying there's a possibility that there will be 400,000 deaths by January.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I'm done with the creatures. Just went for my nightly walk. Folks had one of those party buses. :smh: Seen a lot of gatherings this summer, but a fucking party bus. Folks swear they can't catch shit from folks they know. Can't trust no one.

Exactly. People seriously don't have a fucking clue. I remember being extremely frustrated during the early months of the pandemic when there was so much unknown. A good number of people were being EXTREMELY careful and adhering to safety protocols. Distancing and all that. Staying HOME. Then you'd look out the window and see a running group run by with 10 - 15 people breathing in each others' recycled air and panting everywhere as they ran for miles on end on sidewalks and shit.

Fuck 2020. Fuck these idiots, man.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
You know what amazes me,the people that says the flu kills more yet they don't even bother going to the CDC website.

There were 24,000 - 67,000 estimated flu deaths,last year yet in 8 months this virus done killed over 200,000 people in this country...And,they're saying there's a possibility that there will be 400,000 deaths by January.

Agreed. It's going to be very telling to see how things play out from around November - March. See if people actually get the message to STAY HOME when they are feeling unwell. Instead of showing up to public places, or on buses/subway/skytrain with cold, flu, covid, you name it.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call to many who used to carry on without a care and not call in sick.

But unfortunately we know it's just wishful thinking.

Again, fuck 2020 and peoples' careless actions.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I'm done with the creatures. Just went for my nightly walk. Folks had one of those party buses. :smh: Seen a lot of gatherings this summer, but a fucking party bus. Folks swear they can't catch shit from folks they know. Can't trust no one.

Agreed. It's going to be very telling to see how things play out from around November - March. See if people actually get the message to STAY HOME when they are feeling unwell. Instead of showing up to public places, or on buses/subway/skytrain with cold, flu, covid, you name it.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call to many who used to carry on without a care and not call in sick.

But unfortunately we know it's just wishful thinking.

Again, fuck 2020 and peoples' careless actions.

People better buckle up starting next months because those numbers are about to explode...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
People better buckle up starting next months because those numbers are about to explode...

Yes. It'll be a really strange mix of peoples' varied actions.

Many will be on heightened alert & we're thankful for that.

By contrast, others who have long ago let their guards down and don't give a fuck ... will continue to not care.

One positive of shitty winter weather (for those who experience it) is that it's too extreme to want to be outside. More people will need to stay home. Less mouthbreathers whining about hanging out at the beach, drinking on outdoor patios, and having pool parties.

Simply_Black

International
International Member

The United States government has donated a 70-bed mobile field hospital to Jamaica to assist the country’s coronavirus fight.

The US$753,000 facility was transported to Kingston today by the US Air Force, and will be set up in St Andrew.

It was purchased as part of US Southern Command’s (SOUTHCOM) ongoing assistance to the Caribbean, Central America and South America.

On September 10, Health and Wellness Minister, Dr Christopher Tufton, announced that a field hospital would be established in the Corporate Area within the next two weeks.

The hospital is equipped to operate autonomously and includes a high efficiency particulate air and ultraviolet-light air-scrubber system, two diesel generators, and eight air conditioning units, a Saturday statement from SOUTHCOM said.

“Medical teams using the hospital can configure it to isolate patients and conduct surgical operations, if needed.”

The statement said the hospital will be set up September 21 – 23 before being officially delivered to the Jamaican government on September 24 at a ceremony at the National Chest Hospital in St Andrew.

“A team of civilian trainers will instruct Jamaican medical and support teams chosen to run the mobile hospital on its assembly, set up, use, disassembly, transportation and storage.”

SOUTHCOM says it has also funded the donation of hand-held thermometers and patient beds, at a cost of approximately US$86,000.

It says the total cost of support to Jamaica to fight COVID, and other infectious diseases has amounted to US$2 million.

The local health authorities have been under pressure for a field hospital because of the current surge in coronavirus cases and resultant burdening of the system.

In April, permanent secretary in the Health and Wellness Ministry Dunstan Bryan told a parliamentary committee that $182 million was to be spent to set up a field hospital at the National Arena.

The intention was for the facility to be brought into service if Jamaica was going through as spike and function as an isolation location for persons who test positive for COVID-19 as well as those who have mild symptoms of the disease.

The government later said it was reconsidering the location with little updates since.

But the spike since August has led to renewed calls with increasing complaints from health workers about the limited resources at leading facilities in the COVID-19 response.

On April 7 when the update on the field hospital was given, Jamaica had 63 confirmed cases and three deaths.

The latest figures up to yesterday showed 4,758 cases on the island with 60 deaths recorded.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Yes. It'll be a really strange mix of peoples' varied actions.

Many will be on heightened alert & we're thankful for that.

By contrast, others who have long ago let their guards down and don't give a fuck ... will continue to not care.

One positive of shitty winter weather (for those who experience it) is that it's too extreme to want to be outside. More people will need to stay home. Less mouthbreathers whining about hanging out at the beach, drinking on outdoor patios, and having pool parties.
SOME people just don't give a fuck and never will. When we control for young people, we will still have a certain percentage of older adults who don't care. Damn near all my fitness heads that I'm cool with back in the gym. They all black, so I know for a fact that the 'only white republicans' don't give a fuck is horseshit. The difference is some folks who don't take this seriously ain't out screaming and yelling :angry: 'My rights." They just let their actions speak louder than their words. And trust I'm watching the actions of everyone I know. Some people have really disappointed me. Thought they were smarter. Oh well.

That's why this shit is going to spread this winter and has been spreading. Folks trust their peers. Their family. They putting trust in bonds instead of actions. That shit will get you smoked. Those you think the closest to you are the ones will fuck you up with this shit. Don't feel pressured to let family over just because they fam. Same with friends. That's what will do folks in quicker than some clown in a maga hat screaming :eek: "muh rights". I'm on that x-files trust no one shit. Everyone in my house been locked down. Everyone else ain't to be trusted.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Critical thinking skills are lacking in a large segment of the population. We had 672 deaths yesterday but you would think things are going well here based on some of the behavior I have seen. :smh: Meanwhile, Italy had 24 deaths yesterday and they are just now going to allow up to 1,000 fans at sporting events. We will soon have more deaths than from Korea, Vietnam and WWI combined but a good portion of the population still can't be convinced to take this seriously. The saddest part is that it isn't just cacs on this dumb shit. :smh:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Critical thinking skills are lacking in a large segment of the population. We had 672 deaths yesterday but you would think things are going well here based on some of the behavior I have seen. :smh: Meanwhile, Italy had 24 deaths yesterday and they are just now going to allow up to 1,000 fans at sporting events. We will soon have more deaths than from Korea, Vietnam and WWI combined but a good portion of the population still can't be convinced to take this seriously. The saddest part is that it isn't just cacs on this dumb shit. :smh:
Meanwhile, Browns allowing 6000 fans. Mind you, the Mayor of Cleveland could step in, but dollars over everything. If the Browns start winning, look for the number of fans allowed to increase.

Few bodies don't mean shit as long as money us spent.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Online school has been great for my family.

The paradigm of education needs to be reevaluated and this outbreak is a wonderful opportunity to usher in the change we needed. It doesn’t surprise me the parents who pay $80000 a year in property taxes and $40k in private schools for their preschooler would be upset. They have no reason to be driving around in their 80 foot long Suburban XL pretending they give a shit about their kids. But what they’re really mad about is they can’t fuck the Target cashier.

Where’s the Bill Burr tape?

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
The author is a pathetic human being. So this person was 'wrecked' after spending a day next to her 5-year-old doing virtual schooling? Bitching about her 4-bedroom house. FOH. Talk about first-world problems. We been doing this homeschooling shit for years. Before more folks started joining in. Unless a person has special needs kids, this shit isn't hard at all.

Yet I been seeing article after article online of these weak fucks saying how taxing virtual schooling is. They need to step their parenting skills up.

But then again, these the same entitled cac bitches think being a homemaker with running water, a washing machine, dishwasher, and a minivan is a fucking job. :smh:

I'm guessing what parents don't like is the school is concentrated and not filtered. So kids can knock the work out fast and they are done. Virtual schooling highlights just how much fucking time is wasted in school. Much in the same way that working from home highlights how unnecessary the office is for most people and how much fucking time is wasted commuting and in bullshit meetings.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Damn. Used to go to this Safeway for years when I lived in East Van. It's about a half block from a busy corner ...

the-safeway-site-at-broadway-and-commercial-drive-photo-dan-toulgoet.jpg

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Lol.

I face that problem as well. I have to mute student constantly because of all the background noise. Problem with that is it almost feels like you’re talking to yourself when teaching.

I’m never on camera either, and neither are my students. So most of the time, I don’t even know if my students are actually even present.

And to be honest, I really don’t even care. Lol.

I’m a great teacher.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The author is a pathetic human being. So this person was 'wrecked' after spending a day next to her 5-year-old doing virtual schooling? Bitching about her 4-bedroom house. FOH. Talk about first-world problems. We been doing this homeschooling shit for years. Before more folks started joining in. Unless a person has special needs kids, this shit isn't hard at all.

Yet I been seeing article after article online of these weak fucks saying how taxing virtual schooling is. They need to step their parenting skills up.

But then again, these the same entitled cac bitches think being a homemaker with running water, a washing machine, dishwasher, and a minivan is a fucking job. :smh:

I'm guessing what parents don't like is the school is concentrated and not filtered. So kids can knock the work out fast and they are done. Virtual schooling highlights just how much fucking time is wasted in school. Much in the same way that working from home highlights how unnecessary the office is for most people and how much fucking time is wasted commuting and in bullshit meetings.

100% on point, fam.

Way too much time is wasted at school. It truly a day care for most people.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

On a related note -

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
100% on point, fam.

Way too much time is wasted at school. It truly a day care for most people.
What I think Covid is highlighting is that people can't stand their significant others OR the people they created. :smh: These miserable fucks can't stand to be around their own children man. I can't even imagine the shit. My 4-year-old is on my hip while I do huge business deals, lift ungodly amounts of weight, and hops on her bike to keep up with me when I run around the neighborhood. And that still ain't enough time with her.

And yeah, homeschooling highlights that the current school day was not crafted with obtaining the best education in mind. No fucking way.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
What I think Covid is highlighting is that people can't stand their significant others OR the people they created. :smh: These miserable fucks can't stand to be around their own children man. I can't even imagine the shit. My 4-year-old is on my hip while I do huge business deals, lift ungodly amounts of weight, and hops on her bike to keep up with me when I run around the neighborhood. And that still ain't enough time with her.

And yeah, homeschooling highlights that the current school day was not crafted with obtaining the best education in mind. No fucking way.

I didn't know you had kids that young.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I didn't know you had kids that young.
Yep, and she hates the 'rora virus' as she calls it. Hasn't been to the playground all summer. Only seeing the grandparents via video call. Got to the beach to an area by ourselves. Going to try to come up with something original for Halloween to replace her favorite trick or treating.

This virus making us people who take it serious creative as hell with small children.