"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
SEARCH

Raw Story
Ad-Free Login - Go Ad-Free & Join The Movement

Mnuchin threatens to make taxpayers pay back COVID money unless Trump is reelected

Published
1 hour ago
on
August 9, 2020
By
David Edwards

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin suggested on Sunday that Americans will have to pay the government back for any payroll tax reduction unless President Donald Trump is reelected.

In an interview on FOX, host Chris Wallace noted that the president’s latest executive action on COVID-19 financial relief is “not a tax cut.”

“It’s a payroll tax suspension,” Wallace explained. “Isn’t there a danger that a lot of businesses won’t pass these saving through to workers because they’re going to hold on to the money because at some point, according to this executive action by the end of the year, those payroll taxes are going to be have to be paid anyway?”

"Well, the president wanted to do a payroll tax cut,” Mnuchin replied. “We could do the payroll tax deferral. He’s going to go to the American people and tell them that when he’s reelected, he will push through legislation to forgive that so, in essence, it will turn into a payroll tax cut.”

I find it really frustrating that I have to rely on a set percentage of the American people to see through this bullshit in order to keep these idiots in charge of things for four more years.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One of the most damning articles yet on Trump's response to this shit:

Yes, it is Slate but it just documents each and every fuck up from the very beginning. It is crazy to think that we were horrified when Italy had 1,000 + deaths in a day for the first time but cacs here have tried to normalize that now. :smh:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The devastation of this pandemic will be a good thing for the country and possibly the world. Think of the lives lost as a brush fire — a small fire set to clear the dead plants in order to save the larger ecosystem.

I remember reading a few years back about a Texan town financing a football stadium for $100 million. It could have also been $85 million but it’s quite late to remember some throw away story. The town came up with all that money to build a freaking stadium. Not a state of the art, out of this world laboratory but a lousy site to play football. I’m just a lousy east coast poster with my liberal agenda. But I would remiss to point out that Texas is not a highly educated state by numerous metrics. But they have money for a damn football field. They’re sending covid patients into children’s hospitals but they can afford to build playgrounds. Their VA hospital is accepting non veterans but they had money for a football stadium.

This country gave$1.5 trillion dollars to 80 percent of the rich when times were booming but they’re having a hard time swallowing $600 during a pandemic.

Ninja05

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

College players are about to understand their value in a minute. Watch how many stories come out about the economic impact to cities and colleges. Now, college athletes are also starting to unify their message, which equals union.

These are student athletes. Can’t have online classes but in person football. Shits about to get real interesting.

Last edited:

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
College players are about to understand their value in a minute. Watch how many stories come out about the economic impact to cities and colleges. Now, college athletes are also starting to unify their message, which equals union.

These are student athletes. Can’t have online classes but in person football. Shits about to get real interesting.

For many of these college towns the colleges are the only economy and the Football revenue is king

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are we really prepared for if he wins?
Short answer: No, not really. No one should be prepared for that.

Longer answer: In a way. If he wins, by whatever means or through whatever methods, I can stop pretending I live in a first world country, and presume that anything that resembles right and proper behavior from the upper levels of government will cease to exist.

That sounds extreme on the surface, but look at the shit level we have dealt with just over the last four years. No oversight, no willingness to accept accountability, literally tearing apart things that make society function with no real plan for how to make things run better (and in fact, very often with plans to make them run worse), deliberate spread of lies and misinformation and no concept of the repercussions of that. Old white men may die off, but they'll have left plenty of seeds and roadmaps for the next generation, and they've already shown how willing they are to follow it.

The only hope we would have is that the economy will definitely collapse, perhaps even beyond repair. That might pump the brakes on a full-on facist regime, or it might actually help fuel it. But if history is any indicator, the slow-minded have very short memories, and they'll be ready to accept new lies about whoever ends up fixing things at a moment's notice.

If he wins, then I know that the rest of my lifetime will be effectively fucked over by this bullshit, and at least an entire gneeration will have to deal with this general fuckery before we ever have a chance at making things better. And that's not just because of the powers-that-be, because of the people. People have been exposed, and, oddly enough, not nearly enough fucks have been given about it.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Florida's numbers are dipping across the board.

Florida_change.png

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Colleges has started in North Carolina, so even if the cases are dipping now, I expect them to rise again in the coming weeks.

North%20Carolina_change.png

2020-08-09_North%20Carolina_hospitalizedCurrently.png

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is a little suspect because of the hurricane last week

You also have to consider that Florida peaked for about a month straight with cases over 10k. Plus, the hurricane didn't really affect Florida like that. North Carolina, Virginia, and the mid-Atlantic states saw the most impact.

2020-08-09_Florida_hospitalizedCurrently.png

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sasse is one of the clown ass cacs I hate most along with Paul and Cotton. :smh:
"Many of you think that football is safer than no football"? Just saying shit to say it like he is a BGOL poster.:lol:

Around 20-25 people die every year from lightning strikes but we delay all outdoor sports indefinitely until the storm has cleared. The virus has killed 150K + in less than 6 months and these dumb ass cacs are talking about still playing football. :smh: They have nobody to blame but themselves as they followed Trump and not any of the medical professionals who told them repeatedly this would happen if you didn't act early to get it under control.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Second Stimulus Check Update (Monday August 10th Update)
(Oh shit, Trump out here playing chess, instead of checkers) :oops:

chops

Doctor of Medicine. Ringside Physician.
BGOL Investor
I'm not a doctor I completely understand, how you feel.

The main problem is that you so many leaders not taking it seriously despite 150k+ deaths from this virus. And,those same people want to retweet or regurgitate misinformation even after it's debunked by people in the medical field.

Second,you have people that act like they know more than the people in the medical field. Shit,just amazes me. Why have doctors in the first place.

Then,you have the constitutional rights people, who act like wearing a mask and staying home violates their constitutional rights. Let me,get this straight, we're in a pandemic and people are dying but when medical experts are saying we need to wear a mask and stay home it's a huge problem.

The United States wasn't even in a full lockdown yet people were bitching and complaining about the stay-at-home orders...

And,last, this country values money over people's lives. This country could have 1 million deaths from this virus and people will still care about money than the lives of others. I've said many times, we can always build the economy back but we can bring a person back to life.

100% its crazy to see and has caused some of my coworkers to consider other countries. Lots of docs that are foreign phsycians are thinking of going home. If that happens its going to create a huge gap in access to care.

:lol: You see that shit on this board. I've seen everything from "steam" treatments to herbal supplement "cocktails" posted as preventative treatments for this shit. It is shocking until you remember Dunning Kruger

1.-Dunning-Kruger.png

LMAOOO thats hilarious. Dunning Kruger had some legit theories. This is one of them. Its so valid.

Mutations are not always positive. There's a big misconception that mutations will make a cell, virus or a living thing better. This isn't the case most of the times. Mutations can be harmful and make the virus less effective. We dont know if what kind of mutation this will be.

I agree. Thing is, you would rarely hear about mutations that make a strain less virulent. To the point that it is not really researched. People care about the stuff thats going to kill them. So while mutations can happen that will help us. It only takes 1-2 mutations that are truly harmful to cause a big problem. America didnt have to gamble. We did. Lets see how the dice fall.