"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
106500772_10157451002478225_5476775143492980729_n.jpg

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Updated graphs as per suggestion by @Camille

If no arrow is shown, it means one of two things. One, there isn't any data or two, there is no change so the value is zero. I am working to address that (maybe).

Arizona_change.png

Florida_change.png

Georgia_change.png

North Carolina_change.png

Texas_change.png

Here is a new chart I have made that shows US totals. This chart is good for quick observations and trends. Straight to the point.

2020-07-05_us_totals.png

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Updated graphs as per suggestion by @Camille

If no arrow is shown, it means one of two things. One, there isn't any data or two, there is no change so the value is zero. I am working to address that (maybe).

Arizona_change.png

Florida_change.png

Georgia_change.png

North Carolina_change.png

Texas_change.png

Here is a new chart I have made that shows US totals. This chart is good for quick observations and trends. Straight to the point.

2020-07-05_us_totals.png

I like this. Maybe a neutral color arrow (grey, black, white) for no change and still include the numbers?

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I like this. Maybe a neutral color arrow (grey, black, white) for no change and still include the numbers?

That might work. If there is no change, then I can just put the number.

Here is how the math works for percent change.

Value2 minus Value1 all divided by Value 1. Multiplied by 100.

=[(Value2−Value1)/Value1]×100

Example:
= [(10 - 10)/10]×100 = 0

If there is no data, then that an entirely different problem, which I need to think deeply about how I would resolve it.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
That might work. If there is no change, then I can just put the number.

Here is how the math works for percent change.

Value2 minus Value1 all divided by Value 1. Multiplied by 100.

=[(Value2−Value1)/Value1]×100

Example:
= [(10 - 10)/10]×100 = 0

If there is no data, then that an entirely different problem, which I need to think deeply about how I would resolve it.

Put a dash with n/a under it, circle, square, or arrow with n/a in it or just n/a. You can always add an asterisk and an explanation footnote.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Put a dash with n/a under it, circle, square, or arrow with n/a in it or just n/a. You can always add an asterisk and an explanation footnote.

Ok. I solved the 0% change issue pretty easily.

The "no data" issue I am going to have to think about how to handle it.

I'm working with several conditional statements and "no data" and "0% change" are both returning the same result, which is messing my conditions up. I'll figure it out. Thanks for your suggestions. This is really helpful.

North Carolina_change2.png

EDIT:

It looks like the conditions worked itself out on the "no data" issue. I think we are good to go. What do you think? Florida has not data for hospitalizations, so the values are just returning as zeroes. The "no change" in deaths is simply saying that was the same amount of deaths one week ago.

Florida_change2.png

Last edited:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Americans are too stupid to not have mandatory mandates in place like wearing a mask and social distancing during this pandemic.

Its one of the main reasons why we haven't flattened the curve like most of the developed world.
A news article was posted on FB about Raleigh cancelling city events that have more than 25 people and the responses were ridiculously riddled with ppl complaining. They can't get out of their own way to understand regulations being put in place to keep their ass safe :smh: Common sense is all but gone