"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
I didn’t want to talk about it but my mom got this virus I found this out last night she’s in the hospital she’s doing OK but she has lupus in her lungs so they going to keep her for a few days. She had got a spike in her temperature and the dialysis people told her to go to the emergency room so I’m glad she did. This is the fourth person in my family that contracted this virus :smh:

Hope she makes a full recovery.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I didn’t want to talk about this but my mom got this virus I found this out last night she’s in the hospital she’s doing OK but she has lupus in her lungs so they going to keep her for a few days. She had got a spike in her temperature and the dialysis people told her to go to the emergency room so I’m glad she did. This is the fourth person in my family that contracted this virus :smh:
Damn @easy_b
Sorry to hear of it Bruh. I hope she's able to recover from this. :(

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn’t want to talk about this but my mom got this virus I found this out last night she’s in the hospital she’s doing OK but she has lupus in her lungs so they going to keep her for a few days. She had got a spike in her temperature and the dialysis people told her to go to the emergency room so I’m glad she did. This is the fourth person in my family that contracted this virus :smh:
Prayers up....

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Damn Prayers Up, hope she recovers!!

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Do she know where she may have got it from?

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Do she know where she may have got it from?
There is three possibilities one her granddaughter was sick over the weekend and she gave it to my mama....two Her dialysis clinic could have been contaminated....... three The transportation vehicles that take her back-and-forth to dialysis could have been contaminated which I am leaning towards that possibility more so than the other two.

SKATTA

International
International Member
You do more tests and you get more cases of a virus,wow imagine my surprise.

Its quite fascinating how the narrative has changed from fatalities and fatality rate to amount of cases...(with most not even knowing they have it or mild to moderate sypmtoms)
since the death has leveled out and continue to decline like predicted,with the southern states catching a later surge as mexico,peru,brazil..the same patter to influenza for decades...but i digress.

for people who can appreciate logic and common sense.

get some sunshine and fresh air bgol..you need the vitamin d3 its good for you.

Death whispers in my ear,live now, for i am coming
food for thought.

:thumbsup:

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You do more tests and you get more cases of a virus,wow imagine my surprise.

Its quite fascinating how the narrative has changed from fatalities and fatality rate to amount of cases...(with most not even knowing they have it or mild to moderate sypmtoms)
since the death has leveled out and continue to decline like predicted,with the southern states catching a later surge as mexico,peru,brazil..the same patter to influenza for decades...but i digress.

for people who can appreciate logic and common sense.

get some sunshine and fresh air bgol..you need the vitamin d3 its good for you.

Death whispers in my ear,live now, for i am coming
food for thought.

:thumbsup:

The infection rates are also up
Check the %

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I hope she makes a full recovery....

SKATTA

International
International Member
The infection rates are also up
Check the %
The R naught is pointless as it pertain to a population.(with something like this)
since you're dealing with sub groups affected differently,elderly,pre existing conditions,obesity,kids not affected or highly unlikely to transmit
higher density in some cities etc...etc...
even with death rate which gone down exponentially its somewhat pointless,since lots of ppl may have had it,currently had it and are not even aware,what percent of kids may have it but dont show signs,people who have built herd immunity etc...(and nyc makes up a large percent of the nation death)

call me whatever you want i have never worn a mask and most likely not going to,this so called virus don't even scare me,hell if it was Ebola id be worried.but i do get a chuckle from the people in their car all alone with a mask on......
A nation with 40,000 grocery stores,where workers work 8-10 hrs a day seeing thousands of ppl,id be expecting dead bodies by the tens of thousands,funny i dont see it.
not saying there is none.but this thing is not that deadly,most people will have at most mild symptoms.

egatsby

Rising Star
Registered
The R naught is pointless as it pertain to a population.(with something like this)
since you're dealing with sub groups affected differently,elderly,pre existing conditions,obesity,kids not affected or highly unlikely to transmit
even with death rate which gone down exponentially its somewhat pointless,since lots of ppl may have had it,currently had it and are not even aware,what percent of kids may have it but dont show signs,people who have built herd immunity etc...(and nyc makes up a large percent of the nation death)

call me whatever you want i have never worn a mask and most likely not going to,this so called virus don't even scare me,hell if it was Ebola id be worried.but i do get a chuckle from the people in their car all alone with a mask on......
A nation with 40,000 grocery stores,where workers work 8-10 hrs a day seeing thousands of ppl,id be expecting dead bodies by the tens of thousands,funny i dont see it.
not saying there is none.but this thing is not that deadly,most people will have at most mild symptoms.
100% agree with you. Since I was personally affected by this I have followed the Data from day 1 and the reaction has never added up to the actual problem. I live in Atlanta and people keep saying we need to shut down again. The mayor is tweeting fear, meanwhile we are avg 3 deaths a week. if you are under 50 and contracted #covid19 in GA you have a 6% chance of hospitalization and .03% chance of death. If you are under 30 and contracted #covid19 in GA you have a 3% chance of hospitalization and .007% chance of death. These are facts you can go on the GA dept of health and look this up yet I still see people here expecting the apocalypse

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
giphy.gif
LMa
:lol: :lol: :lol:

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm not talking about the r naught
I'm talking about the % of positive tests.
They have done less tests and the positive rate is up. I think they did 13k less tests this Wednesday compared to last Wednesday
I think Florida is at 15% positive rate

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
One death is too many imo
But let's hope it stays low

I don't think they have been low but that depends on what "low" is.

I haven't been following closely but from what I've read Florida has been averaging over 20 days per day recently which may not be high as we were seeing in NYS at its height but is still too much for something that is preventable.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
They have done less tests and the positive rate is up. I think they did 13k less tests this Wednesday compared to last Wednesday

You're wasting your time.

When it comes to this thread he's on some foresteeler, Xfactor shit.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
This isn't a reputable source, Daily Kos has an obvious agenda. Ive never even heard of them before you posted this

They're biased politically but I don't recall them getting exposed for straight up lying.

Most agencies and sites have a biased of some sort unfortunately so all of them should be viewed as such.

From what I can tell Pro Publica may be the least biased right now.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
This isn't a reputable source, Daily Kos has an obvious agenda. Ive never even heard of them before you posted this

Hilarious. You've never heard of them, so they aren't reputable?

Dailykos has been around for years. It's a liberal blog site. They fund raise for dems via act blue and run the net roots nation each year where presidential candidates come to speak. You may remember Bernie Sanders being addressed by BLM for the first time at netroots. The founder has done several tv appearances over the years, and is frequently a target of the right.

The community standards for the site are high, and folks who post information that is not well sourced do not last long. That story is from the main page, not a casual user.

Now, what link or information within the story was incorrect?

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
100% agree with you. Since I was personally affected by this I have followed the Data from day 1 and the reaction has never added up to the actual problem. I live in Atlanta and people keep saying we need to shut down again. The mayor is tweeting fear, meanwhile we are avg 3 deaths a week. if you are under 50 and contracted #covid19 in GA you have a 6% chance of hospitalization and .03% chance of death. If you are under 30 and contracted #covid19 in GA you have a 3% chance of hospitalization and .007% chance of death. These are facts you can go on the GA dept of health and look this up yet I still see people here expecting the apocalypse

You're looking at this the wrong way. Yes, if you are under a certain age and in good health, the odds are greatly in your favor. However, getting infected increases the virus' ability to spread to the elderly and other high risk folks. Secondly, Black people account for around 25% of all Covid-19 deaths. Our community is plagued with hypertension, obesity, diabetes, etc. and some folks are acting like we shouldn't have a care in the world. Wild...

We aren't dealing with the apocalypse here, but the coronavirus is contagious enough to overwhelm the healthcare system if everyone gets sick at the same time. From there, hard choices have to be made about who gets to live or die. Just because the virus isn't a guaranteed death sentence for the young and healthy, they still have a responsibility to make smart choices. Some folks are being cautious not out of self-preservation, but for the safety of others.

SKATTA

International
International Member
Ive already outlined that many times in this thread as to the pattern with these viruses.
they usually start in the colder climates then migrate to the more southern regions,which usually have a later uptick in cases.

but like i said lets not be deluded we know who are dying and who are high risk of being hospitalized.
as for comments about any death is too much,you kats are living in a polyanna world.
an 80yr old dying of a illness in a nursing home is not the same as a 40yr old dying from heart related issues because they were scared to get their scheduled treatment...because of the media pumping out fear.
when the dust settles there will be more ppl dying from covid related illness than covid itself,stage two cancer turn to stage three etc,domestic deaths,suicides,child abuse i can go on.

these govts have failed the elderly but none will admit it.

To date, 1,772 individuals that were staff or residents of a long-term care facility have died.

canada

Britain

Sweden has stated 70% of their deaths have been elderly care facilities.

Last edited:

SKATTA

International
International Member
I posted similar info to this since last year before covid on this board regarding Vit D deficiency in black folks,it was either ignored or went un noticed.

https://www.cooperinstitute.org/201...cans-at-greatest-risk-of-vitamin-d-deficiency
An estimated 40% of American adults may be vitamin D deficient. For African-Americans, that number may be nearly double at 76% according to a new study by The Cooper Institute.

there is a direct correlation to covid deaths in black folks,i also speak on diabetes being a pandemic before covid became a so called pandemic,there are no benefits for anyone to be fat/obese....none....but as usual it goes by the way side...until cnn or cnbc tells them the same thing...

fortunately for me i encouraged my parents and a few co workers to take this stuff over a year ago.
now everyone wants to hide under their beds,deluded themselves with cutesy masks when a virus is microscopic...
stay away from the junk food ppl and get some sun.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
Damn man. Hope she pulls through OK