"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
5 states reported their highest number of coronavirus cases in one day

Updated 11:39 AM EDT June 27, 2020

At least five states Friday reported single-day records of Covid-19 cases, adding to the growing concern over case tally spikes that has sent many states backpedaling on their reopening plans.

Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Tennessee and Utah all reported their highest-ever daily caseloads, according to their state's health departments. And Florida, seen possibly as the next US epicenter, beat that record again Saturday with 9,585 cases.

And it is not just those states seeing rising numbers. The national number of daily coronavirus case reports reached a new high Friday as well, at almost 40,000, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, and 32 states are seeing the number of new cases grow from the prior week.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told reporters Friday that "nothing has changed in the last week" and the surge was the result of a "test dump."

But the governor of Texas, the nation's second most populous state, "paused" his state's phased reopening plan and ordered further restrictions on businesses including bars.

And at least nine other states have announced they are not moving ahead to their next reopening phases: Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Nevada, New Mexico and North Carolina.

Metropolitan areas across the US seeing exponential growth in cases means the nation will likely see a "dramatic increase" in the virus' trajectory, Dr. Peter Hotez, a professor and dean of tropical medicine at Houston's Baylor College of Medicine told CNN.

"At least in the metro areas, we've got people wearing masks now, the bars are closed and we've got some advocacy coming out of the county judge and the mayor," he said of Texas. "I don't know how much this will really slow this incredibly aggressive rise. It's like trying to stop a train coming down the tracks."

'For goodness sakes: avoid crowds'

The rise in cases for more than half of the country comes as people venture outside to enjoy summer activities and relaxed restrictions after a spring spent indoors to curb the virus' spread.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, urged Americans to go back to the basics to prevent spreading or becoming infected with the virus.

"For goodness sakes: avoid crowds, wear masks. Those are the fundamentals that -- when you look at the television clips, when you see pictures in the newspapers -- people are not doing that. That's a recipe for disaster," Fauci told CNBC.

To that end, many institutions are taking steps to disperse large groups.

A federal judge ruled Friday that the US government must release migrant children held in government family detention centers by mid-July. They must be released into the care of a parent or, if that is not an option, to "available suitable sponsors or other available COVID-free non-congregate settings" with the consent of their parents or guardians.

In Texas, the Pride Houston march and parade agreed to hold a virtual rally instead of an in-person event, the organization wrote Friday in a statement on Facebook.

"Pride Houston understands that we do not live in a bubble and we are also in the middle of another public health crisis, the Covid-19 pandemic," the organization wrote.

And following outbreaks after large beach gatherings, Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez announced Friday that he will sign an emergency order Saturday to close all beaches in the county for the Fourth of July weekend.

The order will also ban any gatherings, including parades, of more than 50 people throughout the county during that time. Fireworks displays will need to be viewed from homes or parked vehicles, Gimenez said in a statement.

'A bar setting in reality just doesn't work with a pandemic'

Reopening bars has been a challenge for Florida and Texas as they try to protect against the virus.

"If I could go back and redo anything, it probably would've been to slow down the opening of bars. Now, seeing in the aftermath of how quickly the coronavirus spread in the bar setting -- and, ya know, a bar setting in reality just doesn't work with a pandemic," Texas Gov. Greg Abbott told CNN affiliate KVIA.

The Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission on Monday temporarily suspended the alcohol permits of 12 bars in Texas after they were found to be in violation of the state's protocols to slow the spread. Videos and photos posted by the commission on Twitter show crowded bars over the weekend with seemingly no social distancing.

In Florida, the Department of Business & Professional Regulation suspended alcohol consumption at bars statewide Friday due to non-compliance, the state's governor said Friday.

"When people follow the guidelines we've not had any problems, you've not had any issues. Reason why DBPR took it is because you had people that weren't following it," DeSantis said. "And so folks just follow the guidelines. We're going to be in good shape."

This issue is not limited to Florida and Texas. At least 85 people have tested positive for Covid-19 after they visited a pub in East Lansing, Michigan, Ingham County Health Officer Linda S. Vail told CNN. Previously, 34 were reported to have tested positive after visiting the restaurant, and Vail expects the number to rise even further.

90% or more of the country is susceptible

More than 2.4 million cases have been reported and at least 125,039 people have died of the virus in the United States. But the actual number of people infected is likely 10 times as high, officials said.

Antibody tests, which examine a person's blood for signs the immune system responded to an infection, show more than 20 million people have been infected -- most without knowing it, said Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

But even with the number that high, only between 5% and 8% of Americans have been infected with the coronavirus, with the numbers varying by region. That means 90% or more have not been infected and are susceptible to the virus, highlighting the need to act aggressively to combat rising infection rates, Redfield said.

Federal health officials expanded the list of who's potentially most at risk of severe complications from Covid-19.

Mild obesity, moderate to severe asthma, pregnant women and those cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, the CDC said. So are those with conditions such as sickle cell disease, poorly controlled HIV infection, bone marrow transplants or an organ transplant.

The agency also has removed the specific age threshold, saying it's not just those over age 65 who are at increased risk for severe illness.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
this don't wear mask shit started at the beginning when officials said masks don't do shit. its hard to change messaging after the first message. dumb as fuck.

anyone with any common damn sense knows that any facial coverings, while not 100%, can help to limit the spread of an airborne disease.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
this don't wear mask shit started at the beginning when officials said masks don't do shit. its hard to change messaging after the first message. dumb as fuck.

anyone with any common damn sense knows that any facial coverings, while not 100%, can help to limit the spread of an airborne disease.
I don’t think that’s why people are wearing masks. The same people who aren’t wearing masks are the same clowns that drink milk out of the bottle in an attempt to prove they’re superior.

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
106523988_10222376138257252_1051293218686629049_n.jpg

Well, well!!!

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

This is beyond stupid this should be criminal the Republicans are desperate as hell right now.......This looks so shameful and desperate right now that whoever attend this event needs to catch the rona...I hate to say That but I said it.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is beyond stupid this should be criminal the Republicans are desperate as hell right now.......This looks so shameful and desperate right now that whoever attend this event needs to catch the rona...I hate to say That but I said it.
You shouldn’t be ashamed to say it. They’re not afraid to be infected. Getting the virus will just be another footnote on the list of great European conquests in the last 500 years. But they will die. And you can’t feel remorseful for people who actively seek out their demise. It’s a waste of good empathy.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

People will find a reason not to wear a mask.

I have asthma and I wear a mask when I come out. Is it comfortable not all time but I wear one...

You got people acting like it's the end of the world when it comes to this issue.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

People will find a reason not to wear a mask.

I have asthma and I wear a mask when I come out. Is it comfortable not all time but I wear one...

You got people acting like it's the end of the world when it comes to this issue.
There’s a video above where a nurse demonstrates oxygen and carbon levels with various masks on.

But I’m sure the video is fake anyway. A black nurse? With dreds? Ace Hood does not have a nursing degree. And why is he in Houston?

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 10 MILLION.... GLOBAL DEATHS TO SURPASS 500,000 WITHIN AN HOUR

6:00am June 28, 2020
CASES 10,001527

DEATHS 499,124

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Pence cancels campaign events in Arizona, Florida
The 45,942 single-day increase was driven by more than 8,000 new cases in Florida and thousands more in Texas, Arizona and California, according to an NBC News tally.

Louis Koo

Star
BGOL Investor
Pence cancels campaign events in Arizona, Florida
The 45,942 single-day increase was driven by more than 8,000 new cases in Florida and thousands more in Texas, Arizona and California, according to an NBC News tally.

noooooo. let them catch the ronaaaaa