"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Claiming confusion, Texas Medical Center changes how it reports ICU capacity amid COVID-19

Texas Medical Center hospitals stopped updating key metrics showing the stress rising numbers of COVID-19 patients were placing on their facilities for more than three days, rattling policymakers and residents who have relied on the information to gauge the spread of the coronavirus.

The institutions — which together constitute the world’s largest medical complex — reported Thursday that their base intensive care capacity had hit 100 percent for the first time during the pandemic and was on pace to exceed an “unsustainable surge capacity” of intensive care beds by July 6.

Then, after reporting numerous charts and graphs almost daily for three months, the organization posted no updates until around 9 p.m. Saturday, sowing confusion about the hospitals’ ability to withstand a massive spike in cases that has followed Gov. Greg Abbott’s May decisions to lift restrictions intended to slow the virus.

When the charts reappeared, eight of the 17 original slides had been deleted — including any reference to hospital capacity or projections of future capacity. The TMC later called that update “incomplete.”

Following a Houston Chronicle story highlighting the missing charts, the TMC at 6 p.m. Sunday posted updated data featuring most of the original information with a few cosmetic changes, as well as some additional slides attempting to better explain the hospitals’ capacity.

Houston Methodist CEO Dr. Marc Boom stressed that the new data was not reinvented — all the figures and projection models are the same — but was simply reformatted in an effort to make clear that reaching 100 percent of capacity in an ICU is a moving target. TMC hospitals have a combined 373 beds, for instance, that can become ICU beds with a “challenging” but “doable” amount of effort, Boom said, with the reassignment of trained staff and equipment.

Doing so would take the TMC facilities’ combined 93 percent ICU capacity as of the Sunday report down to 72 percent, the chart shows.

Boom said he and his peers knew as the pandemic wore on that the measurement of ICU capacity the slides displayed was imperfect and did not convey the way they are run, but did not revisit the charts as quickly as they should have.

“This is just trying to be clear. We want to be as helpful as we possibly can,” Boom said. “Obviously, this got delayed a couple days because it’s complicated — you put 11 or so institutions together all trying to figure out something this complicated and trying to figure out how we express it a little bit more accurately — it took a while, a little longer than any of us would have liked, but simply because it’s complicated. I like what we came up with.”

CONTINUED:
The governor and his people is fooling around with the numbers just like Florida

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
111 days after the coronavirus pandemic was declared, GOP leaders are finally saying Americans should wear a mask, the Washington Post reported Tuesday evening.
Here’s AP’s headline for this public health about-face:Republicans, with exception of Trump, now push mask-wearing
New record: “The United States reported more than 47,000 new cases of coronavirus on Tuesday - the biggest one-day spike since the start of the pandemic,” is Al Jazeera’s lede.
Why this is an issue, per Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., on Tuesday: “Unfortunately, this simple, lifesaving practice has become part of a political debate that says: If you’re for Trump, you don’t wear a mask. If you’re against Trump, you do.”
Even McConnell said during his weekly press conference on Tuesday: “Put on a mask — it’s not complicated.”
Already a worst case scenario? According to Lawrence Gostin, public health expert at Georgetown: Wearing masks “might be too late…The public has received such mixed messages from the administration. I fear we may be stuck with coronavirus until it burns through the American population and leaves hundreds of thousands dead.” More from AP, here.
More than 127,000 Americans have died from coronavirus complications so far, according to Johns Hopkins University.
High anxiety: eight in 10 Americans are worried about the spread of COVID, “the highest level in more than a month,” Reuters reports, from a poll conducted June 29-30.

SKATTA

International
International Member
No matter, how many times you post, nobody isnt paying attention to your stupid ass...Sorry.... :dunno:
Clearly you didnt follow the others. like most sheeps around here.
ill keep posting for the lurkers.

let me ask you a question even though you probably wont answer,but i already know the answer.
or sidestep it by saying i dont want either...

Would you rather get covid or herpes??

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You guys favorite propaganda network CNN trying to jump on board now....
but remember folks,it works better with zinc..
even though 99 plus percent of ppl catching this will be just fine..

Did you read the entire article? Because they're pretty clear that this study doesn't necessarily contradict the original studies, and that it occurred under very specific conditions. I'm not even saying that there may not be an effective treatment usage of hydroxychloroquine, but even the people who made the study seem to note that specific case work was done to assist the treatment.

And also... most people weren't saying that it wouldn't work. They were saying that they needed to do proper testing and studies before people started popping them like Flintstone vitamins. Which is still true, and nothing in this article disputes that.

But please, continue your victory lap. You're a goddamn champion, you are.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Did you read the entire article? Because they're pretty clear that this study doesn't necessarily contradict the original studies, and that it occurred under very specific conditions. I'm not even saying that there may not be an effective treatment usage of hydroxychloroquine, but even the people who made the study seem to note that specific case work was done to assist the treatment.

And also... most people weren't saying that it wouldn't work. They were saying that they needed to do proper testing and studies before people started popping them like Flintstone vitamins. Which is still true, and nothing in this article disputes that.

But please, continue your victory lap. You're a goddamn champion, you are.
He obviously didn’t read the article also that pill is toxic to a lot of people this is why a lot of people Didn’t want anything to do with it

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Ignorant people talking about death percentages are low. The issue is overwhelming the god damn medical system.

If the beds fill up and the staff is overwhelmed the deaths will skyrocket. People who are young and need a few days of care wont get it. Not to mention cancer, heart attacks, strokes and accidents.

Wear a fucking mask, wash your filthy hands and stay away from crowded spaces.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Hydroxy is bullshit. Get off that bandwagon bro. The shit causes psychosis and heart attacks.

It's for lupus and malaria and doesn't work on most malaria anymore.
I said this along time ago and I am going to say it again my mom was taking this drug for a brief minute but she had to stop because it started fucking with her kidneys......this drug is very toxic to some people. By the way my mom is stable and doing OK she still in the hospital though she caught the Covid two days ago FYI.

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I said this along time ago and I am going to say it again my mom was taking this drug for a brief minute but she had to stop because it started fucking with her kidneys......this drug is very toxic to some people. By the way my mom is stable and doing OK she still in the hospital though she caught the Covid two days ago FYI.

Wishing her a speedy recovery!

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

“Afterward, a friend of Macias' who was also at the party contacted him to say he had tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, Lopez said.

The friend told Macias that he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but that because he was not showing symptoms, he did not believe he could infect anyone else.”

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

“Afterward, a friend of Macias' who was also at the party contacted him to say he had tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, Lopez said.

The friend told Macias that he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but that because he was not showing symptoms, he did not believe he could infect anyone else.”

Dude was overweight with diabetes and still chose to go to a party. :smh:

Is it really that hard for people to stay home?

godmc

International
International Member

SKATTA would be proud of this guy and his friend.