Why they building these cheap homes and selling them for 200k, so you agree with him?

MrLang

Star
BGOL Investor
200k! Id buy the whole block! Come to Toronto...600k for 500sqf condo 1.2 mill for full detached on average here and no yard!

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ehh? What is the difference?

My last house was built in like 1968. It had the original wood floors in it. The trim was extra large which both those things cost a fortune today. A real wood floor was laid down by a craftsmen back in the day. A real skill today its some guy from across the border who gets trained on the job. Back in the day for a lot of homes that was union craftsmen who did the individual things on the house. The wood back in the day was real aged old wood. Today the 2x4 that is used is made from hybrid wood that grows really fast and not as strong. Just like a wood frame house back in the day was made with tongue and groove wood siding. Today that shit is cement siding which might be strong but its quick and easy to produce. The quality of materials back in the day were just better.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Totally get it. Thanks for explaining.

My last house was built in like 1968. It had the original wood floors in it. The trim was extra large which both those things cost a fortune today. A real wood floor was laid down by a craftsmen back in the day. A real skill today its some guy from across the border who gets trained on the job. Back in the day for a lot of homes that was union craftsmen who did the individual things on the house. The wood back in the day was real aged old wood. Today the 2x4 that is used is made from hybrid wood that grows really fast and not as strong. Just like a wood frame house back in the day was made with tongue and groove wood siding. Today that shit is cement siding which might be strong but its quick and easy to produce. The quality of materials back in the day were just better.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
On my block we have a total 34 houses of those mine and about 7 others are original houses. All the new house look damn near the same but the good thing in all this is my property value has gone through the roof and in part that I have the largest yard on my block, these new house lack that completely. I bought this house back in 1999 with my GI Bill had it paid off end of 2003 done lots of home improvements as well as investing is a natural gas generator and I'm not in a flood zone which is a plus in this area.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@killagram Don't you build new houses or at least in and out new and old constructions daily? What you say about the quality of old vs new generally speaking?

New is better... better efficiency overall...you don't want to buy a old home with old outdated electricity..and old ass plumbing... anybody can cover walls with paint and say...I got a house for sale..brah

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
New is better... better efficiency overall...you don't want to buy a old home with old outdated electricity..and old ass plumbing... anybody can cover walls with paint and say...I got a house for sale..brah

Well I love the feel of them old homes..plumbing

Can be an issue but what if it has those real copper pipes..??

We moving towards solar and wind energy... And im trying to unplug from the matrix as I mature anyway...

Whats the oldest home you worked on bruh??

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well I love the feel of them old homes..plumbing

Can be an issue but what if it has those real copper pipes..??

We moving towards solar and wind energy... And im trying to unplug from the matrix as I mature anyway...

Whats the oldest home you worked on bruh??

Working on the old FORD building as we speak.... the building is 85 years old...copper tends to fuck up in the slab...I normally cut it off...run some PEX.. reroute through attic...and save you and charge you 2500.00..if you a Good customer....bad customer...10000.00. Jackhammer coming out..brah

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On my block we have a total 34 houses of those mine and about 7 others are original houses. All the new house look damn near the same but the good thing in all this is my property value has gone through the roof and in part that I have the largest yard on my block, these new house lack that completely. I bought this house back in 1999 with my GI Bill had it paid off end of 2003 done lots of home improvements as well as investing is a natural gas generator and I'm not in a flood zone which is a plus in this area.

Happy for you.. brah

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
old ass plumbing.
That new shit I'm with it,all the way because you snake those tubes any which a way to connect them but when it comes to them older houses like mines,that plumber be knocking holes and busting threw shit like it's a game;Now I know why Big Momma's ceilings never got fixed in her house,shit been exposed and or sagging for years lol.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Working on the old FORD building as we speak.... the building is 85 years old...copper tends to fuck up in the slab...I normally cut it off...run some PEX.. reroute through attic...and save you and charge you 2500.00..if you a Good customer....bad customer...10000.00. Jackhammer coming out..brah

Awww shit.....

You gotta be a real knigga to fuck with that jackhammer...

Not for weak back feathery bird kniggas like shady

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Buyer beware with some new houses make sure you check into the company that built the house reason being some will use materials that will be the minimum to pass inspection aka cheap and get your own housing inspector not the one the realtor uses like someone said earlier new home developers are crooks!!!!!! There are plenty of online tools to check into houses before you buy my advice is use them.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I agree with you boss. Energy consumption in my new home will be less than my 20 year old home And it’s twice the size of the old one.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Buyer beware with some new houses make sure you check into the company that built the house reason being some will use materials that will be the minimum to pass inspection aka cheap and get your own housing inspector not the one the realtor uses like someone said earlier new home developers are crooks!!!!!! There are plenty of online tools to check into houses before you buy my advice is use them.
i closed on my home in 2017 and did exactly what you said. And you are correct.

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No it is a sellers market right now. Low inventory in areas and a ton of of folks trying to move in. Home prices in places like Texas have sky rocketed due to covid.

Same in Ohio for the most part. I planned on buying this year, but houses are going for more than what other/better houses in the neighborhood are worth.

The other houses may go up in value, but I feel what's more likely to happen is that once rates go up the market will cool and people are going to be stuck in mortgages that are way more than what the house is worth.

I could be wrong, I know nothing about housing, but I just felt anything saved by the low rate would be lost in home value.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
he has a valid point,,that strand board is cheap and dont let it get a lil water on it then that shit will mold on you quick..even the foundation
there using that cheap cement and it will crack..all the materials they using are cheap its just like he say's the home builders are greedy...i use to
watch this sub division being built a block over from me when i was staying in smyrna G.A i would just shake my head how fast they was building
them cheap homes and had the nerve to ask for a half of mill for that shit....

That shit water resistant Homie. Our house was the fourth house on the block in 2015. I have been in every other house on the block while they were being built. The only place you don't want totally exposed is the roof. But they let snow or rain hit anywhere else while building. It doesn't swell or mold. The cement in the foundation has a standard you have to meet for hardiness. Not to mention they pour the basement walls instead of using blocks like back in the day. They are designed to be built faster. The trust all come premade.

Our older house feels sturdier and has fewer problems.

They are sturdier but way more problems. Not to mention the updates will always be needed.

Same in Ohio for the most part. I planned on buying this year, but houses are going for more than what other/better houses in the neighborhood are worth.

The other houses may go up in value, but I feel what's more likely to happen is that once rates go up the market will cool and people are going to be stuck in mortgages that are way more than what the house is worth.

I could be wrong, I know nothing about housing, but I just felt anything saved by the low rate would be lost in home value.

That could happen but home values always correct themselves. It's never a bad time to buy. Just do it smart. New houses are hot. Buy one of the first houses built in a new subdivision. By the time the subdivision is done you'll have $30 to $40K in equity in only a few years. Think of it as a business investment.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No...older homes..have the most problems... leaks, cracks, and less modern technology..less insulation, old ass shit...hard to sell...brah

These cheap ass new homes will have the same issues. If you buy an older home in a good area usually a lot of things will already been upgraded.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These cheap ass new homes will have the same issues. If you buy an older home in a good area usually a lot of things will already been upgraded.
Bullshit..my nigg..I need to see behind them walls...and run my camera... through your main sewer line...then I'll stamp..that bitch.. with these licenses.. brah

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member

Dayum Killa, but I fukks with you my nukka..... Knowledge

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
The price of land is the major factor in the end cost of housing. A buildable lot of decent size in an area with zoning and utilities in place can cost half of the price of the house. And, if it’s in an area with low crime and a good public school, the lot can cost a fortune, before you stick a shovel in the ground.

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
Bullshit..my nigg..I need to see behind them walls...and run my camera... through your main sewer line...then I'll stamp..that bitch.. with these licenses.. brah

Watching a neighbor redo his outside walls. They nailed some white layer of something to the old wall and then put the vinyl on it.

I'm like shit whoever comes later will have to deal with that earlier layer and whatever issues it may have.