Who Hit Harder, Mike Tyson or Deontay Wilder? Poll

Who Hit Harder, Mike Tyson or Deontay Wilder?

• Mike Tyson

• Deontay Wilder

Results are only viewable after voting.
Simple question. Who hit harder, Mike Tyson or Deontay Wilder?

or

Comments

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's a possibility. Shit if given the chance I'd step in the ring with Tyson for a quick payday but shit if I had other quick immediate options to making a few hundred k to a couple mill. I'd say fuck that I glad I'm didn't have to get hit by Mike.
Right, which is why Foreman was being diplomatic when he said he wouldn't want to fight Tyson because he did want to fight Tyson. Foreman also once said that the physique of Ken Norton worried him.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right, which is why Foreman was being diplomatic when he said he wouldn't want to fight Tyson because he did want to fight Tyson. Foreman also once said that the physique of Ken Norton worried him.
Niccas wanted no part of mike till the bitch took him out

Bxlegend

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s a damn lie. Niccas was scared to death if mike. Why you think the fights only lasted 15 secs. Niccas wasn’t trying to get hit twice. Niccas was getting Brazed and dropping to the mat
The quick KO's were against blown up light heavies and taxi drivers. Inconvenient truth

BKF

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Say what you will but Denotay sent this mutherfucker to God

The only reason he came back is because God don't like ugly:lol::lol:

BKF

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That not diplomatic. That's just telling the truth.

Bxlegend

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah that was fear. them Niccas thought he was a animal. And that fear lasted till the bitch broke him
Of course C-D level and undersized talent is gonna be afraid, but C-B level talent either stood their ground or got the KO win. And A talent was a lock for the KO win.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nicca it was a runnin joke of how long would you get in the ring with mike for 1
Mil. And the bid started at 1 round and counting down

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Of course C-D level and undersized talent is gonna be afraid, but C-B level talent either stood their ground or got the KO win. And A talent was a lock for the KO win.
Unless you stamping the talent level of wilder comp being better the comparison stands cause it’s just gonna be heaR say

Bxlegend

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'll say this til my dying day. The writing was on the wall on how to beat Mike after his first non-KO win vs James "Quick" Tillis. Right there you could see that he was just not big enough for that era even with that power. I was there in Barklays when Stiverne tried to say Wilder was rabbit punching after a strait right THROUGH his gloves dropped him. Wilders power is different.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you Not old enough to witness the tyson era it’s a waste of debate. Like trying to explain freaknik to somebody.
Tyson wasn’t the best boxer but he was the most ferocious and most feared. Minus sonny Liston. Before my time.

the13thround

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The quick KO's were against blown up light heavies and taxi drivers. Inconvenient truth
Let me add....
Other than Spinks (who was scared shitless) Tyson never won any of his big fights.
Holmes was retired for two years and took the fight on short notice because of the money. (That's documented)
He never came from behind to win anytime he faced adversity.
Never had a plan B if his opponent wasn't afraid.
I honestly don't understand the Tyson hype.
He peaked as a fighter in 1988 when he beat Spinks.
Once he fired Kevin Rooney, Jim Jacobs passed away and King took over, it was all downhill.
Everything after that was pretty much meh.....

Bxlegend

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unless you stamping the talent level of wilder comp being better the comparison stands cause it’s just gonna be heaR say
At this point, Wilder has a better WINNING resume by a pretty good stretch. Mikes best wins are against probably Biggs and Spinks. One was a blown up, terrified Light heavy and the other was a never was. Wilder's Ortiz wins alone trump that.

the13thround

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everybody's entitled to their opinions. Muhammad Ali's widdow sees him as humble :dunno:

Wilder was in the food court in MGM Grand IN LINE ordering food after his PPV fight.
Taking pictures and signing for everybody.
That's the most arrogant shit I've ever seen.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'll say this til my dying day. The writing was on the wall on how to beat Mike after his first non-KO win vs James "Quick" Tillis. Right there you could see that he was just not big enough for that era even with that power. I was there in Barklays when Stiverne tried to say Wilder was rabbit punching after a strait right THROUGH his gloves dropped him. Wilders power is different.
You went astray on this. Wasn’t about getting beat was about hitting harder. And I said if you calculate the anticipation of the fear with his punch it’s 1000 times harder.
wilder gotta a looooong ways to go to even compare to the respect tyson commanded

Bxlegend

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You went astray on this. Wasn’t about getting beat was about hitting harder. And I said if you calculate the anticipation of the fear with his punch it’s 1000 times harder.
wilder gotta a looooong ways to go to even compare to the respect tyson commanded
Nah bruh, it's still relative. Tillis was dropped in the 2nd, but didn't touch the canvas again, and this was a declining journeyman that had been stopped a few times. Tyson NEVER KO'd or even beat a prime great and took ko losses to subpar talent a few times because he wasn't abe to fall back on his power. Willder's resume is better in every way but Tysons legend somehow has folks like you ignoring that.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Question:

When you've got multiple fighters pissing hot trying to get up for a fight with you, how does that calculate into the anticipation of fear and what order of magnitude harder is that punch?

Keepthapeace

wannabe star
BGOL Investor
I would say Tyson was the better puncher. He could hurt you with either hand. He could throw fast hard combos, something Wilder isn’t capable of. Clearly Tyson’s hook was much better but I think Wilder’s right hand is one of the hardest punches in history. It’s up there with Foreman or Shavers. For the hardest single punch, I gotta go with Wilders right cross.
This is my thought too except a prime Tyson with speed and body leverage will hit harder. Also, compare Tyson's top opponents to wilder's and its not even close... Tyson had more early oks of top 10 boxing contenders and hw titleholders... berbick 2, thomas 6, homes 4, tubbs 2, spinks 1, bruno 5, williams 1, seldon 1... these are all former respected belt champs except williams but he was a #1 or #2 contender at the time in 88-90.

Wilder - stiverne 1

Does punching power account the same if you can take a punch? My argument would be more former champions can take a punch better (not saying Wilder's one shot wouldn't have dropped them just harder to execute with possibly far less knockouts or ko % than mike and we would not even have this debate) and clearly Mike can dish a punch (with either hand) harder against harder "take a punch" competition.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s a damn lie. Niccas was scared to death if mike. Why you think the fights only lasted 15 secs. Niccas wasn’t trying to get hit twice. Niccas was getting Brazed and dropping to the mat
I'm not saying fighters weren't scared of him but Tyson was the biggest paycheck many fighters would ever get so every heavy of that era wanted that fight. Why do you think a Butterbean level fighter in Peter McNeely would step in the ring with Tyson?

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah bruh, it's still relative. Tillis was dropped in the 2nd, but didn't touch the canvas again, and this was a declining journeyman that had been stopped a few times. Tyson NEVER KO'd or even beat a prime great and took ko losses to subpar talent a few times because he wasn't abe to fall back on his power. Willder's resume is better in every way but Tysons legend somehow has folks like you ignoring that.
We not talking resume. Floyd technically has a better resume. We’re talking bout punching power. Which means when you get hit. Only thing a prime fighter can be better at is avoiding getting hit.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not saying fighters weren't scared of him but Tyson was the biggest paycheck many fighters would ever get so every heavy of that era wanted that fight. Why do you think a Butterbean level fighter in Peter McNeely would step in the ring with Tyson?
True but most of them dudes took the first punch and just layed in the Mat and took the check.

the13thround

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now what I will say is that when I saw this clip of George Foreman punching a hole in a heavy bag.....
This was probably one of the most frightening things I've ever seen.
Tyson was TAILOR MADE for Foreman.
He knew it, and his people knew it.
Foreman ate smaller statured fighters for lunch.
That's why they never fought.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Question:

When you've got multiple fighters pissing hot trying to get up for a fight with you, how does that calculate into the anticipation of fear and what order of magnitude harder is that punch?
Depends on how many minutes they willing to endure... or maybe seconds. Shit I’d go 10 seconds for a mil. Who wouldn’t

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Other than Spinks (who was scared shitless) Tyson never won any of his big fights.
Holmes was retired for two years and took the fight on short notice because of the money. (That's documented)
The most impressive things Tyson did in his career aren't that impressive when you look closer. Youngest heavyweight champion in history but he beat Trevor Berbick a very weak champion in a very weak era, if a 1967 Ali were champ, or a 1971 Frazier, or a 1974 Foreman or a 1981 Holmes then most likely Tyson's people wouldn't put their 20-year-old prospect in with any of them. Tyson was able to do something no man had ever done and that was to stop Michael Spinks but although Spinks was an all-time great light-heavy he was an under-sized heavy. He also stopped an all-time great heavy in Larry Holmes but as you pointed out he was a 39-year-old faded fighter who had been inactive for nearly two years.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend