Who Hit Harder, Mike Tyson or Deontay Wilder? Poll

Who Hit Harder, Mike Tyson or Deontay Wilder?

• Mike Tyson

• Deontay Wilder

Results are only viewable after voting.
Simple question. Who hit harder, Mike Tyson or Deontay Wilder?

or

Comments

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Mike Tyson's overrated ass is the lord of the casuals. Im just going to vote and not say shit

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I expect this poll to go overwhelmingly Tyson but I’m putting in my ballot for Wilder mane.

When you got two HOFers (Lewis and Holyfield) who whopped Tyson’s ass on record saying Wilder is the hardest puncher they’ve ever seen, then how can I go against them? Lol

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I expect this poll to go overwhelmingly Tyson but I’m putting in my ballot for Wilder mane.

When you got two HOFers (Lewis and Holyfield) who whopped Tyson’s ass on record saying Wilder is the hardest puncher they’ve ever seen, then how can I go against them? Lol
They're just salty that Tyson is still beloved far more than they are or ever will be.

Picasso

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

We'll obviously Tyson didn't hit them hard enough! :lol:

They're just salty that Tyson is still beloved far more than they are or ever will be.
Can you imagine Holyfield's argument? "He bit off my ear and he rapes"! :lol:

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So you believe that even though Tyson got his ass thoroughly beat by both men, the jokes on them because Tyson is more popular?

gene cisco

Thulsa-master of noids.
Super Moderator

Excellent point. Most people praise their contemporaries. It's hard to get them to give people in newer eras credit. Didn't know they said that.

I remember when Tyson was going against Holyfield. I wasn't worried about Holyfield getting knocked out. Against Wilder, I'd be scared for that cat.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Excellent point. Most people praise their contemporaries. It's hard to get them to give people in newer eras credit. Didn't know they said that.

I remember when Tyson was going against Holyfield. I wasn't worried about Holyfield getting knocked out. Against Wilder, I'd be scared for that cat.

Sure they are HOFers but if they haven't fought him they don't know how hard he punches.

Knockouts aren't always about how hard but where the punch lands and how cleanly

I guarantee Forman in his prime hit harder than both mentioned

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
BGOL Gold Member

That speaks volumes but I wonder if they went back to the 70s for consideration. Joe Frazier was a rib breaker wasn't he? Neither of them have felt a punch from Wilder, but I'll not throw any doubt at their judgement...just sayin. :giggle:

Anyway, I have to look at their proportions and call it a draw. Tyson's compact powerhouse vs Wilder's towering frame and leverage.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm glad you mentioned him because I was going to follow up my post with this: "I didn't know Tyson was known as the hardest puncher when all I've been hearing over the past week was does Deontay Wilder hit harder than Shavers?". Real talk.
I'm old so I got to see Shaver's and other fights back in the day....Shaver's could kill a mofokr with either hand but if you could last 3 rounds then he wasn't shit

Shavers fought as an opponent and worked as a garbage man to make a living and that is how he trained, chasing trucks and slinging those metal cans

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can't argue with physics.

A bigger man will almost always hit harder than a smaller man.

Every fighter Tyson lost to was a bigger man.

He never lost to a fighter his size(or smaller).

Holyfield was naturally smaller and started as a light heavy then cruiser. Holyfield wasn't a one punch knockout artist but he beat you down.

I started watching him before the Olympics and used to tell people he would fuck Tyson up and nobody believed me....Holyfield was a warrior but it was always accumulation with him..

I used to tell them that Tyson hit you knock you out and when you wake up you go to the club.

Holyfield beat you, when you finally had enough the last thing on your mind was the clun

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nevermind they beat Tyson because that is a given ... but so is their saltiness. Dunno where you got me saying the jokes on them from.
You seem to be implying that Tyson got the last laugh because he's more popular. Both of those men have a right to be salty because Tyson bit both of them.