Which One Has To Go? Eddie, Pryor, Martin or Chappelle?

Which One Has To Go? Eddie, Pryor, Martin or Chappelle?

• Eddie Murphy

• Richard Pryor

• Martin Lawrence

• Dave Chappelle

Results are only viewable after voting.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Wouldn't be hard for me. Chappelle has to go, his sketch comedy is legendary, but I rarely laugh at his stand-up.

Yeah he's mastered a different art of comedy. It's genius but it definitely isn't for everyone. Martin in his prime would roast you. Chappelle is going to give you social commentary.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Yeah he's mastered a different art of comedy. It's genius but it definitely isn't for everyone. Martin in his prime would roast you. Chappelle is going to give you social commentary.
I have no problem with social commentary comedy. George Carlin is in my top 5. Dave just isn't that deep to me.
Seems like he gets angry when he is making his points, and he leans too heavy on the word nigga,
which rubs me the wrong way in front of a majority white audience.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Martin. He only have a couple nice stand up specials, but then his Def Jam days are classics. But still Martin lol

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Tough one. It might have to be Martin for me, but his stint with Def Comedy Jam was phenomenal. I don’t know. It would be between Dave and Martin though.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
My decision

eddie is untouchable.. raw, coming to America, boomerang, trading places, 48 hrs, Harlem nights, etc

chapelle.. half baked, screwed, chapelle show, various standups

martin.. house party, def comedy jam, Martin show

pryor.. the toy, hear no evil see no evil, moving, Harlem nights.. couple of standup segments

richard I’m sorry but you have been voted off the island( maybe if I seen more material you would’ve had a chance)

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
If this is about standup, then its very easy...Martin

If its about overall body of work, well I wont say what can never be said because all the rest are his children but every man is a product of his times and I wasnt a grown man in the 70s listening to albums...but I will never say it because the GOAT is always the GOAT

InTheMind

INTHEMIND
Registered
Y’all mofo's crazy the movies Martin was in are classics movie Life is a classic, movie bad boys series is a classics, movie House Party series classics, movie Boomerang is a classic, movie Big mama is a classic, movie thin Line between love and hate classic, Dave only has Con Air that's a classic

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
I have no problem with social commentary comedy. George Carlin is in my top 5. Dave just isn't that deep to me.
Seems like he gets angry when he is making his points, and he leans too heavy on the word nigga,
which rubs me the wrong way in front of a majority white audience.
I thought I was the only one. Dave's target audience has always been white. Especially during the Chapelle Show. And Dave will say something like "the police are killing black people" and people are like "Wow! That was deep! Dave is a genius! The GOAT!!!!".

Last edited:

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
I thought I was the only one. Dave's target audience has always been white. Especially during the Chapelle Show. And Dave will say something like "the police are killing black people" and people are like "Wow! That was deep! Dave is a genius! The GOAT!!!!".
:clap:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Martin has to go....his standup isn't that funny then it's Chappelle cause Pryor and Eddie are never going to be under any of them and it's offensive to even mention their names in the same sentence as them.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Y’all mofo's crazy the movies Martin was in are classics movie Life is a classic, movie bad boys series is a classics, movie House Party series classics, movie Boomerang is a classic, movie Big mama is a classic, movie thin Line between love and hate classic, Dave only has Con Air that's a classic
This was the biggest headnod to a nyc cat in a movie
Everybody in the theatre was laughing at the scene and was like this is some real shit

long walk, good convo, cheap eats.. so nyc..legendary scene

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Even though he probably has the funniest single special of all of them, Marty Mar gotta go. Everything after You So Crazy stand up wise was weak as fuck. He had lightning in bottle for a few years.

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My decision

eddie is untouchable.. raw, coming to America, boomerang, trading places, 48 hrs, Harlem nights, etc

pryor.. the toy, hear no evil see no evil, moving, Harlem nights.. couple of standup segments

richard I’m sorry but you have been voted off the island( maybe if I seen more material you would’ve had a chance)
Wholeheartedly agree with this assessment.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Martin
Eddie-Murphy-2007.jpg

MV5BMjA1NzUzMTIzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTM5ODAyMw@@._V1_UY1200_CR161,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

3_Martin-Lawrence.jpg

e17d40a6060f6c8d8933150db3f71aa6.jpg
Martin.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
This is the easiest question ever. Martin should have never even been invited to that room.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
My decision

Bruh you listed the worst Pryor movies.

Bustin Loose, Which Way is Up, Silver Streak, Stir Crazy... them shits are classics.