Which One Has To Go? Eddie, Pryor, Martin or Chappelle?

Which One Has To Go? Eddie, Pryor, Martin or Chappelle?

• Eddie Murphy

• Richard Pryor

• Martin Lawrence

• Dave Chappelle

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Easy answer is Martin. As great as he was at what he was... hes the only one who isnt near certifed as comedic genius.

All are great. All are legends.. All are consensus labeled as genius level comics, except Martin.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bruh you listed the worst Pryor movies.

Bustin Loose, Which Way is Up, Silver Streak, Stir Crazy... them shits are classics.
I said several times in this thread that I seen limited Pryor material..but off the material I seen Pryor gets voted out..I even said it in the post you quoted

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor
For me its Eddy Murphy because of all his successful movies, and his stand up's were legendary. Not to mention his SNL Skits. His career towers over everyone else in the poll. Fuck Dave Chappelle for promoting Tranny's by always including them in his skits. He's secretly working for the "man". By constantly associating himself with them.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Bruh you listed the worst Pryor movies.

Bustin Loose, Which Way is Up, Silver Streak, Stir Crazy... them shits are classics.
Bro you forgot about Greased Lightning
Also in Which Way is Up Pryor played 3 characters Leroy Jones, Rufus Jones, and Reverend Lenox Thomas.
Shit was funny as hell. Plus at the time the woman he had is his movies were fine as hell to a young lad. :)

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
For me its Eddy Murphy because of all his successful movies, and his stand up's were legendary. Not to mention his SNL Skits. His career towers over everyone else in the poll. Fuck Dave Chappelle for promoting Tranny's by always including them in his skits. He's secretly working for the "man". By constantly associating himself with them.

I know. I wasn't attacking. I was just adding some of the classics.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cash, whenever you're ready I have a few more you could add to the list (If you decide to do another poll like this).
1. Chris Rock
2. Kevin Hart
3. Bernie Mac
4. Tracy Morgan
5. Katt Williams

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Cash, whenever you're ready I have a few more you could add to the list (If you decide to do another poll like this).
1. Chris Rock
2. Kevin Hart
3. Bernie Mac
4. Tracy Morgan
5. Katt Williams
Chris Rock is on another level from those dudes. :rolleyes:
Only problem he may have, his movies suck ass.

speed7

Star
BGOL Investor
Just my thoughts. Take Richard and Eddie out and start a new lineup. They’re a different echelon in my opinion. And I don’t wanna vote Martin out. Y’all so Crazy :roflmao3:

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I have no problem with social commentary comedy. George Carlin is in my top 5. Dave just isn't that deep to me.
Seems like he gets angry when he is making his points, and he leans too heavy on the word nigga,
which rubs me the wrong way in front of a majority white audience.

I thought I was the only one. Dave's target audience has always been white. Especially during the Chapelle Show. And Dave will say something like "the police are killing black people" and people are like "Wow! That was deep! Dave is a genius! The GOAT!!!!".

As a big DC fan, standup wise these are considered points. Everything is subjective.

I’ve never met a nigga who wasn’t angry. Doesn’t bother me one bit that DC no longer hides that rage - that angry shit you talking about that seemed to come in post Chappelles Show ending

but
If y’all still on this, my two cents are—
1) did you not think that “juicy smolYe” shit was funny?
- and -
2) regardless of who you think the audience is - white/black majority/ minority etc., that same special from 2019 when Chapelle says re: the Comedy Central exec who explains why he can’t say “faggot” on Chappelle’s Show “bec you’re not gay”— “well, Renee I’m not a nigg** either…”
That punch should speak to whoever the fuck needs to hear that truth. Black. White. Man. Woman. Or rainbow.

ALSO in agreement that while a whole lot more than less is certified classic, a decent selection of Chappelle’s Show stuff wasn’t too funny then and isn’t funny now but that’s the nature of ALL sketch comedy - In Living Color can’t be fucked with but it’s outdated and yeah it’s also like Chappelle’s Show by design offensive

I know I said right away Boycott this thread and I meant that but like the Martin Reunion or the Diddy Honors at BET - if these threads are simply flipped into asking niggas to celebrate some of the most brilliant mfrs to bless our lives…

I’m all about that.

personally I really do fuck with one of these niggas materials almost every day of my life

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As a big DC fan, standup wise these are considered points. Everything is subjective.

I’ve never met a nigga who wasn’t angry. Doesn’t bother me one bit that DC no longer hides that rage - that angry shit you talking about that seemed to come in post Chappelles Show ending

but
If y’all still on this, my two cents are—
1) did you not think that “juicy smolYe” shit was funny?
- and -
2) regardless of who you think the audience is - white/black majority/ minority etc., that same special from 2019 when Chapelle says re: the Comedy Central exec who explains why he can’t say “faggot” on Chappelle’s Show “bec you’re not gay”— “well, Renee I’m not a nigg** either…”
That punch should speak to whoever the fuck needs to hear that truth. Black. White. Man. Woman. Or rainbow.

ALSO in agreement that while a whole lot more than less is certified classic, a decent selection of Chappelle’s Show stuff wasn’t too funny then and isn’t funny now but that’s the nature of ALL sketch comedy - In Living Color can’t be fucked with but it’s outdated and yeah it’s also like Chappelle’s Show by design offensive

I know I said right away Boycott this thread and I meant that but like the Martin Reunion or the Diddy Honors at BET - if these threads are simply flipped into asking niggas to celebrate some of the most brilliant mfrs to bless our lives…

I’m all about that.

personally I really do fuck with one of these niggas materials almost every day of my life

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Mt Rushmore has always been
1.Pryor
2.Carlin
3.Murphy
4.Robin Williams
I judge them on ALL areas including movies,tv,standup,interviews,ad libs all that shit. My 2nd list maybe more interesting than my top list cause this one is very diverse.
5.Redd Foxx
6.Chappelle
7.Don Rickles
8.Bill Cosby/Chris Rock

Doing standup and getting laughs is much easier than just going on the Tonight Show and doing 10 mins on couch with Carson and having everyone in studio and at home laughing like hell being clean and not cursing to get laughs.The 3 on my 2 lists that when they got on a roll that could make u piss ur self from laughing were Don Rickles,Robin Williams and Redd Foxx. To me the greatest 2 story tellers are Cosby and Chappelle and the greatest standup was Murphy but what made Pryor the GOAT was he was funny doing standup,funny doing movies,funny doing Network tv,funny on SNL as host,funny on Carson,funny doing interviews. He was always just a funny motherfucker and no one can touch that. Some were better in one area or another but none were as great as he was in all areas.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
1.Pryor
2.Carlin
3.Murphy
4.Robin Williams
I judge them on ALL areas including movies,tv,standup,interviews,ad libs all that shit. My 2nd list maybe more interesting than my top list cause this one is very diverse.
5.Redd Foxx
6.Chappelle
7.Don Rickles
8.Bill Cosby/Chris Rock

Doing standup and getting laughs is much easier than just going on the Tonight Show and doing 10 mins on couch with Carson and having everyone in studio and at home laughing like hell being clean and not cursing to get laughs.The 3 on my 2 lists that when they got on a roll that could make u piss ur self from laughing were Don Rickles,Robin Williams and Redd Foxx. To me the greatest 2 story tellers are Cosby and Chappelle and the greatest standup was Murphy but what made Pryor the GOAT was he was funny doing standup,funny doing movies,funny doing Network tv,funny on SNL as host,funny on Carson,funny doing interviews. He was always just a funny motherfucker and no one can touch that. Some were better in one area or another but none were as great as he was in all areas.
giphy.gif

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
1.Pryor
2.Carlin
3.Murphy
4.Robin Williams
5.Redd Foxx
6.Chappelle
7.Don Rickles
8.Bill Cosby/Chris Rock

List and rationale all pretty hard to fuck wit. Props.
Thanks for putting in the work to celebrate absolute geniuses that worked as hard as anyone. And for makin DAMN sure niggas know —

the king - PRYOR - stay the king