What's Your Favorite Sirius XM Channel?

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Huh? What are you talking about?
That photo you posted was the original photo when XM and Sirius first merged almost 14 years ago. Update your photo.

Epic fuckin' fail

r96XlMz.gif

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
That photo you posted was the original photo when XM and Sirius first merged almost 14 years ago. Update your photo.

Epic fuckin' fail

r96XlMz.gif

Why all the hostility bro? I just recently got into this satellite thing. Please forgive me.

bdquest9

To teach the truth to the young black youth
BGOL Investor
Shade 45
Rock the bells
XM Fly
The Joint
MSNBC
Howard 100

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Depending on your package, you can access these thru the App.

Marvel Entertainment launches exclusive new audio series with SiriusXM

November, 2020

SiriusXM is the new destination for exclusive new original podcasts from Marvel Entertainment! In addition to SiriusXM’s recently announced slate of new audio shows and highly curated podcasts, SiriusXM subscribers with streaming access will be able to tune in to exclusive new audio series like Marvel/Method, a weekly podcast on Marvel fandom hosted by Method Man; Marvel’s Declassified, a nonfiction deep dive into the history of Marvel Comics; along with a thrilling new multi-part original scripted audio series, Marvel’s Wastelanders, kicking off in 2021.

SiriusXM subscribers will also be able to listen to several popular ongoing Marvel podcast series like This Week in Marvel, Women of Marvel, Marvel’s Voices, and Marvel’s Pull List – all before they can be heard anywhere else – via the SiriusXM mobile app or online at Siriusxm.com. Afterward, fans will also be able to tune in to these podcast series on Marvel.com.

“Marvel has always told stories to entertain and inspire. And just as Marvel’s stories began in the comics and grew into the rich universe we know today, we see audio storytelling as just the beginning of unlimited possibilities for our brand,” said Dan Buckley, President of Marvel Entertainment. “Our fans are consuming content more than ever, and now wherever they are, they can explore the Marvel Universe through brand-new and ongoing podcasts that bring Marvel together with the world and people around us, along with exciting new scripted content coming on SiriusXM’s platform next year.”

Exclusive new original podcasts from Marvel and SiriusXM include:

The ultimate remix of Marvel fandom! Marvel Method is a SiriusXM exclusive weekly podcast where actor and rapper Method Man interviews celebrity guests about life and all things fandom, Marvel comics, music and more. Guests will include DMC, Killer Mike, Jemele Hill, and many more!

Marvel/Method

1920x1080_MarvelMethod.jpg

The ultimate remix of Marvel fandom! Marvel Method is a SiriusXM exclusive weekly podcast where actor and rapper Method Man interviews celebrity guests about life and all things fandom, Marvel comics, music and more. Guests will include DMC, Killer Mike, Jemele Hill, and many more!

Marvel’s Declassified

PodcastTiles-MarvelDeclassified-1119-1920x1080-1.jpg

Marvel’s Declassified is a nonfiction narrative podcast focusing on the rich, dynamic, and evolving history of Marvel Comics – as told through a contemporary lens. Each episode is hosted by writer and comic book expert Lorraine Cink (author of Powers of a Girl, co-author Marvel Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, and Ultimate Marvel) and acclaimed journalist and critic Evan Narcisse (author of Marvel’s Rise of the Black Panther). Utilizing unique access to writers, artists, editors, and industry insiders who have shaped key storylines and witnessed firsthand the historical shifts within the comic book industry, we get the real story of Marvel Comics as it could only be told by the House of Ideas itself. (Coming December 8)

Marvel’s Wastelanders

MARVELS-WASTELANDERS-preview-art-V21.jpg

A new multi-part original scripted audio series available exclusively on SiriusXM, featuring Marvel heroes Old Man Star-Lord, Grey Widow, Old Man Hawkeye, Old Man Wolverine, and more. (Coming in 2021)

Plus, SiriusXM subscribers will be the first to hear Marvel’s popular podcasts including:

This Week in Marvel

This-Week-In-Marvel.jpg

Hosted by Ryan “Agent M” Penagos, Lorraine Cink, and James Monroe Iglehart, This Week in Marvel is the inside access to all the latest Marvel comics, TV, movies, games, toys, and beyond!

Marvel’s Pull List

ThePullList-1080x1920-1.jpg

Each week, Ryan “Agent M” Penagos and Tucker Markus give you exclusive previews of all the new Marvel comics that will be waiting for you in stores, along with a special guest to spotlight their favorite comic book moments in the Marvel Universe!

Women of Marvel

WomenOfMarvel-1080x1920-1.jpg

Hosted by Ellie Pyle, Angélique Roché, and Judy Stephens, the Women of Marvel assemble to show how people of all backgrounds are making a powerful and positive impact on our stories.

Marvel’s Voices

MarvelsVoices-1080x1920-1.jpg

On Marvel’s Voices, host Angélique Roché holds in-depth conversations with diverse storytellers about their creative processes, collaborations, and professional journeys.

Marvel’s Wolverine: La Larga Noche

PodcastTiles-WolverineEspanol-1920x1080-1.jpg

Marvel’s first scripted podcast, Marvel’s Wolverine: The Long Night, comes to SiriusXM and fully voiced in Spanish! The series will feature new voiceovers by Narcos: Mexico actor Joaquín Cosío, among others.

Following a string of mysterious deaths in Burns, Alaska, Special Agents Sally Pierce and Tad Marshall arrive to investigate. They soon find there’s more going on than meets the eye.

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Of all the stations you can only get on Sirius XM, I listen to these the most:

Urban View
Progress
The Groove
Soul Town
Sirius XM Fly
Rock The Bells
Watercolors
Real Jazz
Heart and Soul
Studio 54 Radio
Mad Dog Sports
BPM
The Joint

I really wish they would add their cuban/latin jazz channel that online to the number!

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My presets

1.Urban view channel 126...i was pissed that i never used to get it up here in canada. it would always skip that channel..finally last spring it showed up on the dial and Ive had it locked on that station. I mostly listen to Karen hunter and clay cane. Downloaded the app so I can listen out of my car when I go into my office, and rewind to catch shows I've missed. Tune into Wilmer Leon on Saturdays if I'm driving in the morning.

2. The "urban music" channels 42-50.
skip through and land on whatevers playing the best tunes. If wife and I driving or with some company I'll leave it on 46 for the radio edited current tracks. Shade45 all out show with rude Jude and sway in the morning get special attention whenever they're on. And Love the old skool funk on channel 50..dazz band, the system, cameo, prince etc

3. Channel 87 fantasy sports..always listen to get my fantasy football tips..shit its just good for football or sports in general. Insights on injuries in-game matchup advantages (wr vs cb...Oline strength etc.) Advice on this channel helped me win thousands of dollars in the past couple years. In fantasy, dfs, and betting.

4. Whatever channel becomes the 'yacht rock station" in the summer.

5. Channel 119 Bloomberg business news

yeah urban view is solid gold, but do you listen to the shows on the weekends? Man I’ve gotten so many gems from listening to Lou hutt (taxes and finance), ask the good dcotor(health), and momentum advice (stocks, and finances) are my favorites.

lowlite

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know what "white folk Blues" means to you but there are and have been plenty of white people that can rip some Blues.

As for the content of the channel, I agree: there's too much rocky-blues for my taste. I love Chicago and Memphis Blues and I don't hear nearly as much as I did when I got satellite radio specifically because that's the only place I could get a dedicated Blues channel.

WBGO has their Blues Break but it's only 2 hours a day. You'll hear some cold Blues there.

Stevie Ray, a lil George Thorgood, and the rest I don't fuck with. Maybe they should give some deddicated time to subgenres. In case you ain't checked it out https://www.bluestimeinthecity.com/ . You can stream the live show but the gem is the archives because you can download entire shows.

Website had changed cant get to the archives page. Used to be money!

Last edited:

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
Stevie Ray, a lil George Thorgood, and the rest I don't fuck with. Maybe they should give some deddicated time to subgenres. In case you ain't checked it out https://www.bluestimeinthecity.com/ . You can stream the live show but the gem is the archives because you can download entire shows.

Website had changed cant get to the archives page. Used to be money!

Stevie Ray and Thourogood are great examples. I probably won't save the channel, but they're good artists.

lowlite

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wish they had a funk station. My most favorite is Funkology on internet radio! Did I mention that it is free?

http://www.wefunkradio.com/ ! Funk/HipHop sets with over 1000 shows. You can stream on the website, but if you sign up you can download the app and have access to every show the have on the website. Free. You can also save favorite shows and even favorite songs. Thank me later.

lowlite

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know what "white folk Blues" means to you but there are and have been plenty of white people that can rip some Blues.

As for the content of the channel, I agree: there's too much rocky-blues for my taste. I love Chicago and Memphis Blues and I don't hear nearly as much as I did when I got satellite radio specifically because that's the only place I could get a dedicated Blues channel.

WBGO has their Blues Break but it's only 2 hours a day. You'll hear some cold Blues there.

White artist are good on the instruments, but majority aint got the voice that I listen for in the blues. It just feels like a pale imitation. Im sure some of them may can even sing, but I ain't checkin for them cause I never heard any.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
White artist are good on the instruments, but majority aint got the voice that I listen for in the blues. It just feels like a pale imitation. Im sure some of them may can even sing, but I ain't checkin for them cause I never heard any.

Blues is not a genre where an operatic-type voice is needed. Most all of the greatest Blues singers didn't/don't possess even a good voice. It's about conveying feeling in the Blues, not exceptional range or timbre.
If you haven't heard any (white vocalists) then your exposure has been severely limited. I already told you where you can hear some excellent Blues. Just check the website and look at the programs; there are more than one Blues show.

But this is about SATELLITE radio, not the internet. I'm well aware of that site you posted as well as several others.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
I wish they had a funk station. My most favorite is Funkology on internet radio! Did I mention that it is free?

I know the Groove channel has a funk time slot. I think it's a Saturday night. The DJ was playing Bootzilla and a bunch of P-Funk. Man shit I had the volume on a hundred!

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah urban view is solid gold, but do you listen to the shows on the weekends? Man I’ve gotten so many gems from listening to Lou hutt (taxes and finance), ask the good dcotor(health), and momentum advice (stocks, and finances) are my favorites.

Yeah brotha, I gotta start listening more on the weekends...I tune in every once in awhile and hear straight gems and great interviews from Wilmer leon as well as great book recommendations...

Lou Hutt has some great financial, tax planning advice etc. The sista with the real estate show, civics sunday etc. Man I gotta start checking out some back episodes on the app

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah brotha, I gotta start listening more on the weekends...I tune in every once in awhile and hear straight gems and great interviews from Wilmer leon as well as great book recommendations...

Lou Hutt has some great financial, tax planning advice etc. The sista with the real estate show, civics sunday etc. Man I gotta start checking out some back episodes on the app

Yes sir! Unfortunately momentum advice is no longer on, but they are doing a weekly podcast, but the weekends are FIRE!!!

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
LL Cool J's RTB could do better. A lot of bullshit. Roxanne Shante is the worse DJ on the planet.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They moved it to channel 722 :mad:... now I can only listen to it online or with my Sonos

Bob Marley channel is on 19.

I understand that people are upset, but I figure it's going to be like Shade 45, Bluesville, and Rock the Bells in a few months. That is artist endorsed but plays everyone in the genre.

silverknight79

Rising Star
Registered
  • Pitbull's Globalization (mainly for the mixshows)
  • Rock The Bells
  • Rock The Bells Mixdown (app)
  • The Groove
  • Chill
  • BPM
  • Watercolors
  • 90s on 9
  • 80s on 8
  • 90s R&B Jams (app)
  • FLY Party (app)
  • Laugh Out Loud
  • Grown Folk Jamz (New on channel 362 playing only the Hits from R&B, Gospel, Old School, Hip-Hop, Smooth Jazz, Funk, Classic Soul, & Love Ballads)

Last edited: