What's Your Favorite Sirius XM Channel?

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
I've explored a little. Would like to find some good talk, sports channels.

Right now I bounce between the Groove, Soul Town, RTB, Gospel and my favorite Real Jazz channel.

RTB is cool when they're playing old school rap.... but Roxanne Shante has got to go. Motherfuckin this and motherfuckin tht. I hate her!

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
also, i tell people if you are getting sirius for the music save your money. way better music options exist.

sirius is for sports, news and talk/entertainment radio.
I have it for my cars. Although I could play other streaming sites. I listen to 2 channels. Kevin Hart and Shade 45.

Earthquake and Kevin Hart with the PCBs

Sway and Rude Jude.

I normally listen on demand to avoid commercials. Nice when I’m on my daily walk.

Last edited:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Too many commercials on the weekends though. Damn.

this is why i stopped fucking with foxxhole back in the day in addition to it appearing like sirius and jamie abandoned the station.

way too many commericals and way too many repeats. it became impossible to listen to.

i will drop by kevin hart's station every now and again. but all the fake laughing of his live shows (and earthquakes live shows) keep me away.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My presets

1.Urban view channel 126...i was pissed that i never used to get it up here in canada. it would always skip that channel..finally last spring it showed up on the dial and Ive had it locked on that station. I mostly listen to Karen hunter and clay cane. Downloaded the app so I can listen out of my car when I go into my office, and rewind to catch shows I've missed. Tune into Wilmer Leon on Saturdays if I'm driving in the morning.

2. The "urban music" channels 42-50.
skip through and land on whatevers playing the best tunes. If wife and I driving or with some company I'll leave it on 46 for the radio edited current tracks. Shade45 all out show with rude Jude and sway in the morning get special attention whenever they're on. And Love the old skool funk on channel 50..dazz band, the system, cameo, prince etc

3. Channel 87 fantasy sports..always listen to get my fantasy football tips..shit its just good for football or sports in general. Insights on injuries in-game matchup advantages (wr vs cb...Oline strength etc.) Advice on this channel helped me win thousands of dollars in the past couple years. In fantasy, dfs, and betting.

4. Whatever channel becomes the 'yacht rock station" in the summer.

5. Channel 119 Bloomberg business news

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I’m a Over The Road Truck driver so I pretty much listen to majority of the channels.

I have the premium package with all channels.

Hard for me to just pick one.

I like to listen to the countdowns on the weekends on the 80s and 90s channels. They do the countdowns for the week of a different year. The 80s has the MTV VJs and 90s have Downtown Julie Brown.

I sometimes listen to MSNBC and CNN and some of the talk channels. Stephanie Miller and Thom Hartman I listen to along with Karen Hunter and John Fugershein *spelling*.

When I’m in the bunk at night, I turn on the Bridge channel to go to sleep. I listen to Yacht Rock when they bring that on to sleep too.

Howard Stern I listen too, usually when they do the rebroadcast.

And sports if there is a game I’m interested in hearing.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
NPR
Soul Town
BB King's Blues
Real Jazz
The Groove & Studio 54 (mainly for the gym and road trips)
Opera
HBCU
some others I can't remember

The thing is, most streaming music services give crap bitrates. Sirius ain't that much better but it is better.

The one thing I can't understand is why they play 45 versions of songs and bleep out curses.

lowlite

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NPR
Soul Town
BB King's Blues
Real Jazz
The Groove & Studio 54 (mainly for the gym and road trips)
Opera
HBCU
some others I can't remember

The thing is, most streaming music services give crap bitrates. Sirius ain't that much better but it is better.

The one thing I can't understand is why they play 45 versions of songs and bleep out curses.

Bluesville sucks. Waaay too much white folk "blues" to have BBs name on it.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Bluesville sucks. Waaay too much white folk "blues" to have BBs name on it.

I don't know what "white folk Blues" means to you but there are and have been plenty of white people that can rip some Blues.

As for the content of the channel, I agree: there's too much rocky-blues for my taste. I love Chicago and Memphis Blues and I don't hear nearly as much as I did when I got satellite radio specifically because that's the only place I could get a dedicated Blues channel.

WBGO has their Blues Break but it's only 2 hours a day. You'll hear some cold Blues there.