What the hell is a racoon doing in Detroit

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
True story. Last night I'm sound asleep dreaming what Sith's dream. My wife wakes me up with the I hear something outside. Only it wasn't just outside it was on the roof. She thinking somethings up there I'm thinking it's the wind. Once I'm finaly awakes I hear some scratching on the roof. I grab my flashlight and my trusty 5 wood,and head outside. On the far side of my house where my neighbors at I see him. This big fat racoon is sitting on my roof looking at me. This sucker looked to be the size of Pit bull.

So I'm on the ground looking up at this racoon on my roof (with the 5 wood in my hand, advantage frosty.) I look around to find something to throw at him, So I pick up a rock and throw it at him,caught him in the side and he runs to the backside of the house I think he's gone. I live on the corner, so as I am walking back to the street side of my house to my patio door, I look up to be greated by mr racoon sitting on the awning above the door. It's 3 in the morning I dont have time for this crap. So Just like on that long par 3, out comes my trusty 5 wood, I swing at the racoon and he scampers away...Right back to the spot I originally chased him from. This crap went on for another 2 rounds before he went away for good. Its now about 3:40 and I get up in 2 hours. I finally get back to sleep thinking what the hell is a racoon doing in Detroit.

Jakesnake

Potential Star
Registered
It's 3:40 in the morning in Detroit

It cold out here can you hook a Racoon up?
Hungry_Baby.jpg

Northburton

Potential Star
Registered
Where the fuck are they supposed to live? lol

Humans expand their habitat into habitats that existed long before humans came along.

Raccoons live in cities everywhere in the MidWest/Eastern regions.

Plus, they are nocturnal which is why you have probably never seen them.

Shit, I saw a raccoon dip into a sewer drain located in an urban neighborhood when I was a kid.

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I'm not suprised racoons are in Michigan and I know how urban sprawl has taken over there natural habitat. Point is I dont want the bitches on my roof. Also I can better understand if I lived in novi or sterling heights the outskirts, but here in the city. All I know is bitch better not come back or Ima get mid-evil on his ass. Cut him up put hm in a pot of greens.

OLDSCHOOL

Star
Registered
how old r u nigga i got rabbits and shit all in my yard and i stay 5min from downtown racoons i see all the time

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Actually one time I was sitting out on my patio with some classic jazz playing in the back, some henny and a cigar. Nice summer night just chillin. Then from around the corner comes this fucking skunk. I'll admit at this point I ran in the house like a bitch. All that was going thru my mind was the image of pepe le pew, holding his tail firing off shots like it was a tommy gun.

killacash

Potential Star
Registered
Lol darth i live in flint, mi and 2 raccoons had actually moved in our attic. They would come home drunk from the club and start scrappin with each other. But recently we havent heard from them lately so they must of found a better job.

FlatbushNicca

Star
Registered
shit..... what the fuck is a raccoon doin in Brooklyn ?? of lately i been hearin about that shit from neighbors in my area and how they fuckin up cats n shyt. i aint fuckin wit them shits.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
racoons are everywhere..they live in the sewer system and most times they come out in the middle of the night...ill tell you this and you can do what you want..but dont ever corner a racoon, they will tear you a new ass

Rythm

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If you saw one, there prolly is a family of them close by. It can be a bear to get rid of them too once they settle in.

SWATLANTA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
roots69 said:
racoons are everywhere..they live in the sewer system and most times they come out in the middle of the night...ill tell you this and you can do what you want..but dont ever corner a racoon, they will tear you a new ass

100% truth !! Raccoons have been known to fuck up dogs and cats. They leave nasty wounds and scars plus the threat of rabies.

Ebony Nfatu8tions

Potential Star
Registered
Shit, I'm with you Bro, I ain't never seen a raccoon, skunk or any woodland animals in Detroit (East Side 7 Mile). When I finally left Detroit and went to Missouri I saw these lights flickering in the sky all around me, I thought I was going fuckin' crazy. It was fuckin' fire flies, never seen anything like it before. We just don't see shit like that in Detroit.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Get serious.

I live in the City and there's raccoons, possums (sp?), and rabbits. Hell, the east side near the river has pheasants.

I even heard of coyotes in Lathrup Village.

Jam_Jam

Star
Registered
I grew up in Detroit. Lived on Outer Drive near 6 Mile. This is not joke. There was a deer in my back yard. It was jumping fences. We also had raccoons. Don't be surprised by what you see in the city.

Rockefella_Yall

Support BGOL
Registered
My dog used to kill possums all the time in our backyard. I stayed on the eastside Outer Drive/Whittier until about a year ago. Now i'm in out in Farmington and EVERYTHING seems to be on steroids out here! Every deer looks like that big mofo that rescued Bambi, the skunks are everywhere, the possums and raccoons are as big as medium sized dogs. And for some odd reason they seem to love racing with my back tire when i'm driving...

BostonOPP

Potential Star
Registered
Shit, back on Boston we dealt with not only Racoons, but also Possums and Skunks. It's like animal planet in the North East :smh: , but I gotta admit, since moving to the upper-midwest, I ain't see much of either.

Peace!

Dieciede

Potential Star
Registered
Those Motherfuckers Will FUCK You Up, There Tough As Hell....If You Ever Here Them Fight They Sound Like 2 Kids Going At It (Wierd).

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
oh yeah, if you have a dog..and your dog chases a racoon in the water..kiss that dog good bye..a racoon will kill any dog that goes into the water...

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
My girl has had a raccoon chillin in the concourse of her apartment SINCE THIS PAST SUMMER; the fuckin neighbors leaver there garbage outside for 2-3 days at a time and that fucker comes in a night and goes to town. Since the first time I saw it this summer (was walking up the stairs talking on the phone, looked up and that fucker was about 4 feet from me and I damn near fell down the stairs tiring to get away) that thing has gotten MASSIVE, easily the size of a small dog.

I tell my girl follow my lead, he aint fuckin with you, don't fuck with him.