What McDonald's franchisees earn per year..

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
None. Five years ago Footlocker was trading at $56.56 and now it is at $38.39. That's a 32% depreciation. No thank you. The shoe industry will continue to see losses due to online ordering and these weirdo kids wanting to be different. Plus, many manufacturers have direct to consumer orders which is cannibalizing the brick and mortar stores. Not to mention all of the specialty stores popping up. If a kid wants to really get that exclusiveness, they ain't going to Footlocker, Champs, Footaction, or Eastbay which are all the same company....... Foot Locker, Inc. (FL)

Footlocker Inc (FL) live stock report

why you responding to my question for Shady?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I WOULD TRY TO WORK ON THE GHOST KITCHEN BUSINESS MODEL THAN OPENING A FRANCHISE.

This could work in areas where delivery has become normalized. If it were me, I would make the business a hybrid of utilizing delivery platforms such as Uber Eats, Grub Hub, and Door Dash coupled with in house delivery. You could purchase a small 5 year old car, get it wrapped with your business, and write it all of as a business expense.

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That 150k is not an accurate accounting of revenue. 150k may be profit but as owner/President you would draw a salary.

Owning your land and/or building impacts revenue. McDonald's makes a killing leasing the building to the owners.

First thing you learn in business is as the owner you must pay yourself.

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I suspect $150K net accounted for officer salaries. The 150k is left for distributions.....

When I was in banking I banked a McDonalds franchisee, and the owner netted approximately $368k and had a salary of around $250k. I loosely remember him taking home around $500k. What I can’t recall is if he had another location.

Nonetheless, I do know a Black McDonalds franchisee and this brotha is out bidding cacs for some of the most expensive paintings. He’s rich as fuck with a couple locations....

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Exactly. It is important for everyone to always consider the source when it comes to articles. Most articles are click bait and written with a particular angle in mind. The author clearly intended to use shock value to sensationalize the story. "Oh wow!! McDonald's owners only make $150K. That's crazy!" Pure example of click bait. However, I appreciate the article because a lot of great information has been shared amongst potential entrepreneurs.

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My brother, please fight this negative attitude toward entrepreneurship. You do not have to be a millionaire to start a business or own a franchise. However, you do have to have a millionaires spirit and work ethic. This is where most of us drop the ball. With credit, you can literally buy anything. But, so many black folks credit is shot to hell. Also, one may argue that black folk can't get loans. Yes, statistically, blacks are least likely to be approved for business loans. However, we must first make we have done everything to present ourselves in the most favorable light. This includes having a full, well thought out business plan in a thriving low-risk industry. Restaurants statistically have the lowest one-year success rate, so this is not appealing to the banks. There is no real industry research on barbershops, plus most owners do not plan to scale and have multiple units, so this is not appealing to the banks. Do you want money for a non-profit?? Nope, this is blasphemy to a bank.

I have posted a lot in this thread because finance is where the power is. MLK realized this towards the end of his life. This is why he was murdered. Fred Hampton knew this and talked about this to poor black and white people. This is why he was murdered. There are many others including presidents that were murdered because of the threat of banks losing money and power.

I wouldn't consider my attitude negative. It's the brutal reality of the situation. If one had the kind of funding to get a Mcdonalds' Franchise you could also possibly start a business of your own and truly work for yourself instead of throwing in with Mickey D's. Especially with the income disparity between Black Franchisees and White Franchisees.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Absolutely!! This is another concept that I teach my students. This concept was drilled into my head by two of my favorite and my influential professors in grad school.

Concept: The game of finance and building wealth is a long game. One must think 1, 5, 10, and 20 years into the future with regards to planning his or her strategy to build wealth.

The unfortunate thing is that most black folk are not privy to this type of information. Additionally, when we are exposed to the information we either learn it later in life and have to play catch up while increasing risk for greater returns. Or when we do hear it early we are too naive to heed the advice. When I was in undergrad attending XXXXXX University, I remember this wealthy brother asked my friends and I if we were able to earn, save, or borrow $20.00 a week. Of course, we laughed, because just like every BGOL millionaire on this board, $20.00 ain't shit (sarcasm). He then went on to explain to us that if we took that $20.00 and invested it we would have a minimum of a quarter-million and realistically much more than that by our 40th birthday. He suggested basic stocks like Disney, Walmart, IBM, etc. Now again, some of you millionaires will argue that a quarter million is chump change. Cool. This advice is not for you. This advice is for everyone else who wants to set up a long-term wealth-building strategy. The cool thing about this is that it can and should be in addition to whatever income stream you have created. So, if you are in your 20's start this week and invest at least $20 bucks. If you can do more, then do it!! If you are older then you should be a little more aggressive and try to do $50 bucks a week. That is simply eating out less or skipping a movie. For all of my older BGOLers, you can literally retire in another country a be quite comfortable with $250K. For my young BGOLers, you can take that $250K and buy a home or start a business.

I am hopeful that out of the thousands of people who post and lurk on this board that one person will read this, and take the step to financial freedom while creating generational wealth for his or her family. Peace.

................ heading back into the lurker's dungeon. (at least for the weekend)

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
If start out with one in your 20's 150k is killer bread. By the time your 40 and have 5?
Unless you’re already a millionaire you’re not starting out with anything. You need a few million in assets to even apply.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
“Average cost of new McDonalds franchise: At least $1 million roughly, with a minimum of $500,000 in cash and non-borrowed resources. Other sources state $750,000 minimum in liquid assets. You must be able to cover 40% of the costs of a new franchise location’

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
There’s a brotha/sista duo in Indianapolis, Tracy and Reggie Jones, who have six locations and get money from the hood (38th Street); to midtown; to the bar district (Broad Ripple) to the Burbs. Black money; white money; Latino money; it’s all green .They have seven kids and all have been groomed to take the reins. :yes:

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
I wouldn't consider my attitude negative. It's the brutal reality of the situation. If one had the kind of funding to get a Mcdonalds' Franchise you could also possibly start a business of your own and truly work for yourself instead of throwing in with Mickey D's. Especially with the income disparity between Black Franchisees and White Franchisees.
You’re buying into a proven system when you buy a franchise not just a business.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
“Average cost of new McDonalds franchise: At least $1 million roughly, with a minimum of $500,000 in cash and non-borrowed resources. Other sources state $750,000 minimum in liquid assets. You must be able to cover 40% of the costs of a new franchise location’

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Pause... I wonder how much a 5 guy franchise is? I said I would rather get that than Mickey d's just cause it's different and not in every hood in nyc... Which gives it an exclusive type thing if you put it in certain areas where it's none around

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Pause... I wonder how much a 5 guy franchise is? I said I would rather get that than Mickey d's just cause it's different and not in every hood in nyc... Which gives it an exclusive type thing if you put it in certain areas where it's none around
Facts & Figures Five Guys Burgers & Fries
Liquid capital required$250,000
Net worth required$500,000
Investment$306,200 - $716,250
Franchise fee$50,000 - $125,000
Royalty6.0% - 8.0%
Units in operation384

Louis Koo

Star
BGOL Investor
I suspect $150K net accounted for officer salaries. The 150k is left for distributions.....

When I was in banking I banked a McDonalds franchisee, and the owner netted approximately $368k and had a salary of around $250k. I loosely remember him taking home around $500k. What I can’t recall is if he had another location.

Nonetheless, I do know a Black McDonalds franchisee and this brotha is out bidding cacs for some of the most expensive paintings. He’s rich as fuck with a couple locations....
good point. that also possibly includes 401k and other retirement contributions that reduce it down to 150k. it's pretty insane.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
The stock price has doubled and there is too many restaurants. Why not invest $2 million in the stock and let somebody else do all the work for $150k.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
McDonald's: black executives sue over 'systematic' racial discrimination

McDonald’s is being sued by two African American executives who allege they suffered “systematic but covert” racial discrimination at the fast-food giant.
Vicki Guster-Hines and Domineca Neal, senior directors working for McDonald’s in Dallas, allege that discrimination at the company worsened under the former chief executive Steve Easterbrook, who took over the company in 2015.

Related: McDonald's pays ousted chief $675,000 in severance deal
UK-born Easterbrook was ousted from the firm last year after it was revealed he had been involved in a romantic relationship with a colleague that broke company rules. He left with over $37m in stock awards and a severance deal of $675,000.
During Easterbrook’s tenure, Guster-Hines and Neal allege, McDonald’s “conducted a ruthless purge” of high-ranking African Americans and shifted advertising away from black customers.
The suit claims the number of African Americans in the top ranks of McDonald’s operations fell to seven last year from 42 in 2014.
The two executives allege McDonald’s created a “hostile and abusive work environment” for black executives and franchisees. Guster-Hines and Neal were demoted from vice-president to senior director positions in July 2018 as part of a broader corporate restructuring conducted under Easterbrook. They are seeking compensation following those demotions, claiming that they occurred as a result of discrimination.
The suit also names the company’s current chief executive, Chris Kempczinski, and Charles Strong, the Chicago-based west zone president for McDonald’s.
“In shocking ways difficult to overstate, McDonald’s under Easterbrook and Kempczinski declared war against the African American community,” the lawsuit alleges.
McDonald’s said it disagreed with the characterization of the company’s behavior. In a statement, it said 45% of its corporate officers and all of its field vice-presidents are people of color.
“At McDonald’s, our actions are rooted in our belief that a diverse, vibrant, inclusive and respectful company makes us stronger,” the company said. “While we disagree with characterizations in the complaint, we are currently reviewing it and will respond to the complaint accordingly.”
The suit comes as McDonald’s conducts a broad examination of its corporate culture in the wake of Easterbrook’s departure. According to the Wall Street Journal, under Easterbrook staff allege the company culture was characterized by “late-night socializing with some executives and staffers at bars and flirtations with female employees”.
The suit, filed on Tuesday in McDonald’s hometown of Chicago, is the latest in a series of racial and sexual harassment cases that have been brought against the company.
In 2015, shortly after Easterbrook’s appointment, 10 former McDonald’s workers in Virginia filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the fast-food chain, claiming they were fired because the stores had “too many black people”.
Last year Brazilian authorities opened an investigation into allegations of widespread racism at the company’s operations in Brazil. And in November the company was sued and faced industrial action by staff for an allegedly “pervasive” culture of sexual harassment at its restaurants in Michigan.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
According to Business Insider, the average McDonald's restaurant takes in around $2.7 million a year in sales. That may not be quite as high as Chick-fil-A or Panera, but it's still pretty good. Considering that there are far more McDonald's scattered across the planet than either Chick-fil-A or Panera, it's easy to see why McDonald's is such a rich company.

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/178309/how-m...wners-really-make-per-year/?utm_campaign=clip

Some McDonald's franchise owners are naturally going to make more than others, but most franchise owners still pull in an estimated yearly profit of roughly $150,000 (via Fox Business). A profit of $150,000 after $2.7 million in sales isn't even 6 percent, but after food cost, supplies, crew payroll, and about a dozen other costs handed down by corporate, that's what franchisees are left with (via Bloomberg).

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/178309/how-m...wners-really-make-per-year/?utm_campaign=clip

That’s not bad if you up for that grind.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
"In a statement, it said 45% of its corporate officers and all of its field vice-presidents are people of color."

This is a primary example of why black Americans needs to stop saying people of color.