What are some "positive" Black History documentaries/docuseries?

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Every weekend, for years, I've been watching at least one Black history doc with my family so that my children know what we've gone through in this country and increase my own knowledge. We've been through Slavery and the Making of America, Eyes on the Prize, Several Malcolm X and Martin docs, Black Panthers, Independent Lens episodes and so on... However, most of the films aren't exactly feel good content. I'm looking for recommendations for more positive/uplifting material about Black people, individuals and/or collectively.

I'm not really interested in historical movies, I'm looking for documentaries.

I've seen these, but I'm looking for things along the lines of the following:

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Well, if you're looking for "feel good" experiences relating to the treatment of Black people I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. Especially in amerikkka. Our glory in Afrika is touched on but rarely accurate (eg that Great Civilizations you posted). It must be said that it's a difficult task to hold a person's interest because that particular period is so vast, rich, and complex that it takes a lifetime of study just to scratch the surface. The disastrous decision to admit whites onto the continent started our downfall.

Our treatment once the slavers showed up is easy - we've been shit on ever since.

So, if you want the truth, it ain't gonna be "feel good" but you can start with Dr. Clarke on youtube.

And more truth

These brilliant gentlemen used whiteys own records to prove the historical truth empirically.