Wentz, the most overrated QB in the League

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And this is what happens when a team with the lead goes away from their gameplan. Start playing off cause we have the lead. Now the lsing QB puts up numbers cause teams are in prevent and the middle of the field is wide open. Coaches need to play like they are putting 100 on a team. Where there is no chance of a comeback.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
And don't forget about Jimmy G out in San Francisco.
Yeah he straight ass. :smh:

BPSUC5.jpg

husband73

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As a born bred Eagles fan.. this year is just unbelievable. We GOTTA BE THE MOST INJURY PRONE TEAM IN THE NFL. And DeSean, and Alshon just here to pick up a check. Both These niggas been hurt FOR DAMN NEAR 2YRS STRAIGHT!!! HOW SWAY??? Jim Schwartz (DC) GOTTA GO!! THAT NIGGA SUCKS. Wentz? Maaaan.... once the nigga got married and have a baby...I KNEW IT WAS OVER- and he's got Hurts on his mind as pressure

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Carson Wentz has never been the same since he broke his leg; which is
sad because was daring, dangerous and dynamic

tanks1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eagles injuries on offense: you blame the qb?

TE Zach Ertz, RB Miles Sanders, WR Alshon Jeffery, WR DeSean Jackson, WR Jalen Reagor, TE Dallas Goedert, LT Andre Dillard, RT Lane Johnson, G Brandon Brooks, G Isaac Seamalo, OT Jason Peters and OT Jack Driscoll.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His stance on social justice earned my respect. Football be damned
Who cares about a racist’s stance on social justice? Once he donates atleast half of his contract to progressing so-called black issues then he can get some respect.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Who cares about a racist’s stance on social justice? Once he donates atleast half of his contract to progressing so-called black issues then he can get some respect.
I do not know anything about his racism; educate me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

EZI6JVZX0AUmzPN

Last edited:

twillz1

The Voice of Reason
BGOL Investor
As an Eagles fan, I believe the Eagles organization should recoup some of the money they paid this guy and give him the boot. Any other QB in the league is better than him right now. He has cost them more games than necessary...Fuck him...
Remember Wentz' rookie season? They ignored Dak's similar INT - free play to tout Wentz' lack of interceptions....until they couldn't anymore.
It's not Carson's fault, but highly unfair.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
12 Years
204 Mil
0 playoff wins

staffordlol_medium_medium.gif

shit where the time go ...this bum been in the league 12 yrs...:eek2:

wow ...i feel for lions fans...yikes ..no playoff wins n he got tht much money ...wtf...?

Reactions: Jae

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Carson Wentz hasn't gotten any worse. He's just always been mediocre.

GTY-1273754984.jpg

Steven Ruiz

December 3, 2020 1:04 pm
With the Eagles playing on Monday Night Football this past week, the nation was once again forced back into discussing what’s happened to Carson Wentz since his 2017 season when he was widely seen as an MVP candidate.

Since that time, Wentz has been one of the worst starters in the NFL, ranking 27th in adjusted yards per attempt. Mitch Trubisky, Andy Dalton and Sam Darnold are the only quarterbacks who have attempted at least 1,000 passes over that time below him on the list.

There are a few popular theories for why Wentz has regressed since his breakout sophomore campaign: The knee injury he suffered at the end of 2017, his declining supporting cast, bad coaching and poor mechanics have all been offered up as explanations for his poor play.
But what if we’re overlooking the most obvious explanation for his apparent regression? What if there was no regression? What if he just wasn’t very good to begin with?

I get why that’s hard to believe with the numbers Wentz put up in 2017, when he threw 33 touchdowns against only seven interceptions while producing a QBR of 77.2. He also finished second in EPA behind NFL MVP Tom Brady. Throw in all those highlight-reel plays we saw during that 2017 season, and it’s easy to see why fans in Philly were so excited for what was surely going to be a bright future.

But when you look at how Wentz compiled those numbers, it’s easier to see why he’s been unable to match the heights of his 2017 season.
During that season, Wentz was unfathomably good in the red zone and on third down. Those are two areas where you want your quarterback to excel; but, due to sample size issues, a player’s production in those two statistical categories in a given season tells us very little about how he’ll perform in the future. Those numbers are subject to a lot of season-to-season variances, as a result. It’s much more useful to look at how he performed outside of the red zone and on early downs, where we have more plays and, therefore, a more substantial sample size.
Well, when you take out third and fourth downs, Wentz drops from second in EPA/play all the way down to 23rd! Before third down, he was a bottom-10 starter, and his early-down production in 2017 is awfully similar to his career baseline:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-7.56.33-PM.png

via Sports Info Solutions

How about the red zone? In 2017, Wentz produced a red-zone success rate of 61.7%, which led the league by a comfortable margin. Outside of the red zone, though, Wentz dropped down to 18th in success rate. That was actually the lowest mark of his career before the 2020 season:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-7.49.28-PM.png

via Sports Info Solutions

All signs point to 2017 being an aberration for a player who’s been a middling-to-bad quarterback for about 80% of his career. I know he looks even worse in 2020, but that’s what happens to a quarterback with a smaller margin for error. There isn’t really a big difference between how he’s playing now and how he was playing then. Everything else around him has deteriorated, which just magnifies his deficiencies.

For instance, in 2017, Wentz produced an adjusted completion percentage — which takes into account things like receiver drops, spikes to stop the clock, throw aways and passes disrupted by contact from a defender — of 69.6%, per PFF. That was the worst of his career! During this rock-bottom season in 2020, that number is at 70.9%. His turnover-worthy play percentage has peaked in 2020 at 4.65%, but that’s not much of an increase over his career rate, which was sitting at 3.7% coming into the year.

This 2020 season is basically the inverse of his 2017 season. His true talent level is probably somewhere in the middle, where you’ll find a mediocre starting quarterback. So maybe we’re asking the wrong question. Instead of asking why Wentz has regressed, we should be asking why he’s failed to progress.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One game. A playoff game, but 1 game. And your only as good as your last game, I get that. Refresh this quote again when Baker wins 2 rings and appearsin 3 superbowls. :itsawrap:

tWeBd2.jpg
Aye he's going to Kansas City,...where's Ben going again?

Home to ask his financial advisor if he can afford to retire......hahaha

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Aye he's going to Kansas City,...where's Ben going again?

Home to ask his financial advisor if he can afford to retire......hahaha
Again, you know how sports go. Laugh today cry tomorrow or at the very least find some sense of humbleness. You know you gotta pay up soon unless he wins a ring this year. I'll be waiting..........

6BPOYs.jpg

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Again, you know how sports go. Laugh today cry tomorrow or at the very least find some sense of humbleness. You know you gotta pay up soon unless he wins a ring this year. I'll be waiting..........

6BPOYs.jpg

Aye fam, I like most Browns fans know we're the underdogs.... we "weren't supposed to win" this game....

Hell KC could be the end of the season....and if so, so be it.

The Browns have been the laughing stock of the league since their return. I'm enjoying our 1st truly legitimate season of contention. Considering no head coach, no Bitonio and no OBJ..... we had a hell of a season and game.

I'm a rational Browns fan, I don't need to be humble today, I've had 30+ years of practice haha

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Aye fam, I like most Browns fans know we're the underdogs.... we "weren't supposed to win" this game....

Hell KC could be the end of the season....and if so, so be it.

The Browns have been the laughing stock of the league since their return. I'm enjoying our 1st truly legitimate season of contention. Considering no head coach, no Bitonio and no OBJ..... we had a hell of a season and game.

I'm a rational Browns fan, I don't need to be humble today, I've had 30+ years of practice haha
Good points. :lol:

HLdhxx.jpg