Wendy's Franchisee James Bodenstedt Donates 400K to Trump campaign

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not surprised, but appreciate hearing this. It helps me know where not to spend my money. Unfortunately, I just tried there new chicken sandwich and it was as good as the chic filet joint but much bigger. At their introductory two for 5$ its a hell of a bargain.

new chicken sandwich? That’s the same chicken sandwich they sold for the past 20 years

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was on the road so I grabbed their new plant based burger...it was aight but I never need to eat it again.

Probably been almost 15 years since I last ate at a wendys...

even longer for taco bell and pizza hut fuck em

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
Please see above comment.
That was sarcasm and agreed boycotting the locations is better. I was pointing out counting down to Wendy's separating itself from him and as a franchisee, he's going to deal with the consequences by himself for donating to Sergeant Orange.

I read the article and YOU'RE RIGHT!

I know better than to take tweets as facts but fell for the okey-doke on this one.

I BLAME RYAN FOURNIER for the shiity erroneous tweet!!

Reactions: fu2

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
NEWS BREAK: Almost every large corporation donates to Republicans, including Trump.

Good luck trying to cancel every company that's donated to Trump.
Most people don't believe that Amazon plays both sides of the fence.

The couple are donating $10 million to the With Honor Fund, a so-called super PAC that supports military veterans running for Congress who vow to take a cross-party approach to governing. The group has endorsed 33 candidates running this year — 14 Republicans and 19 Democrats.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I don't go that often and it won't be missed

It's just convenient sometimes, since it's the closest one to me

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
......Ummm, I actually read the article and not just the tweet. They are clearly not referring to the CEO and even refers to him as the franchisee. Hell, it's even in the first line of the article and bullet points under the picture in the article. Please point out where it mentions Todd Penegor. Strange going through the trouble of going to the company's website and clicking on the leadership page (which I did as well) and posted it but didn't bother reading the actual article before researching

The first fast-food franchisee to advise Trump on reopening restaurants has donated more than $400,000 to the president's reelection — including $200,000 in March
  • James Bodenstedt is the CEO of Muy Cos., which operates Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut franchises.
  • Bodenstedt has donated more than $440,000 to Trump's reelection campaign, including $200,000 in March.

On Monday afternoon, Trump is set to participate in a roundtable discussion with restaurant-industry leaders on the field's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic. The leaders include Panera CEO Niren Chaudhary; Jose Cil, the CEO of Burger King and Popeyes' parent company, Restaurant Brands International; Thomas Keller, a fine-dining restaurateur; and Muy Cos. CEO James Bodenstedt.

Bodenstedt is the first fast-food franchisee to take a seat among restaurant-industry leaders advising Trump on the industry's struggles during the coronavirus pandemic.

While experts have said independent restaurants will suffer most during the pandemic, the most prominent White House advisers have been CEOs of chains and leaders of fine-dining empires. (Will Guidara, the former co-owner of a restaurant empire that includes the upscale New York City restaurants Eleven Madison Park and The NoMad, will appear on the roundtable as a representative for the Independent Restaurant Coalition.)

Muy Cos. operates Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut franchises. While some franchisees operate only a handful of stores, fast-food chains are increasingly relying on independent owner-operators that control dozens of locations. Muy Cos. is one of these larger franchise companies, with hundreds of fast-food restaurants around the US.

Bodenstedt has made significant donations to Trump's reelection campaign, according to Federal Election Commission filings.

Since 2018, the Muy Cos. CEO has donated more than $440,000 to the president's reelection campaign. His most recent donation was on March 12, when Bodenstedt donated $200,000 to the Trump Victory PAC. Muy Cos. did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.

I didn't see the links embedded in the tweets, if I would have seen them I would have read them.

It looks like that Ryan Fournier guy in the OP is a Trump supporter. The CEO needs to make sure people don't think it was him.

Reactions: fu2

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
I'm just trying to avoid an argument by providing you with the basic skills required to research the information for yourself.

Why all the hostility...?
Because people who use that term are usually racist, insecure peckerwoods. You know, the usual suspects who like to use that term to describe oppressed people who are trying to do something against their oppressors (who are also racist insecure peckerwoods). The resident Republican here on BGOL (I won't say his name) has also used that term. But he's just a moron who tries to both-sides every argument.

So, who are these usual SJW's that you're talking about? Simple question right?

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Good example of someone seeing a quoted headline and posting misinformation without doing a little research.

:hithead:

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
new chicken sandwich? That’s the same chicken sandwich they sold for the past 20 years
You probably right, just marketing. But a bruh was hongry and they said it was new and it had a very low introductory price so I fell for it. Was good too.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because people who use that term are usually racist, insecure peckerwoods. You know, the usual suspects who like to use that term to describe oppressed people who are trying to do something against their oppressors (who are also racist insecure peckerwoods). The resident Republican here on BGOL (I won't say his name) has also used that term. But he's just a moron who tries to both-sides every argument.

So, who are these usual SJW's that you're talking about? Simple question right?

All that you stated above has absolutely nothing to do with me. :dunno:

Utilizing the term SJW has nothing to do with being a racist.
And labelling people who use the term as: "racist, insecure peckerwoods", says a lot more about you then them
I mean; I just used the term 1 time in my original post and you instantly started throwing around the negativity:
- "Cac".
- "Racist"
- "Insecure peckerwoods"
All this and yet, you have NO clue as to what my personal political ideals actually are.
:smh:
And as for who I refer to as popular SJW's, again, I reiterate, go online and do the research yourself. :laptop:

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor

And labelling people who use the term as: "racist, insecure peckerwoods", says a lot more about you then them
I mean; I just used the term 1 time in my original post and you instantly started throwing around the negativity:
- "Cac".
- "Racist"
- "Insecure peckerwoods"
All this and yet, you have NO clue as to what my personal political ideals actually are.
And as for who I refer to as popular SJW's, again, I reiterate, go online and do the research yourself. :laptop:
Thanks for confirming you’re a cac bitch. Social Justice Warrior is right wing cac speak used to discredit people against racism and oppression . You need to be banned and killed. You’ve slipped up multiple times here. You and White Turd. He’s gone full right wing sympathizer. I guess you both gave up your Black act since nobody was buying it to begin with bitch. Die

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks for confirming you’re a cac bitch. Social Justice Warrior is right wing cac speak used to discredit people against racism and oppression . You need to be banned and killed. You’ve slipped up multiple times here. You and White Turd. He’s gone full right wing sympathizer. I guess you both gave up your Black act since nobody was buying it to begin with bitch. Die
Geez, dude.
You're calling for my death, now....?
Sad.
Truly sad.... :smh:

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered

- "Cac".
- "Racist"
- "Insecure peckerwoods"

All these out-of-topic deflections and you STILL won't answer a simple question. When you first used the term, my first response was a simple question you lying coward. You deflected it then just like you're doing it now. Own up to what you said. What are you afraid of?

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
All companies support the GOP.

It don’t matter if it’s White or Black owned.

You ever hear a Black owned business say they are against Tax Cuts?

The GOP is business friendly. Business’ love the GOP.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

rump, meanwhile, had already seemed to have a soft spot for the burger chain. The president had once touted the restaurant as having “good” food in a 2016 interview (while also name-dropping McDonald’s), and, on multiple occasions, the White House has included Wendy’s fare among the offerings provided at luncheons for visiting college athletes.
More recently in early May, Trump had also vowed to call Nelson Peltz, the billionaire investor and director of Wendy’s restaurants, in response to a reported beef shortage within the restaurant’s supply chain.
“I’ll have to call Nelson Peltz,” he said, when informed of the apparent beef shortage at Wendy’s restaurants. “I’ll have to — I’m going to call Nelson Peltz. He’s going to be — they’re going to be OK. They’ll be all right.”

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
All companies support the GOP.

It don’t matter if it’s White or Black owned.

You ever hear a Black owned business say they are against Tax Cuts?

The GOP is business friendly. Business’ love the GOP.
Businesses tend to donate to both parties (to cover their ass). Yet how much they give to one party over the other party tells you who they are really for.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok fair point, how much did the Wendy's guy donates to Biden?
Not sure. This appears to be a donation from a franchise owner rather than Wendy's itself.
A lot of businesses (at least the smart ones) donate to both parties so they don't appear to favor one over the other.
Still think this is much to do about nothing in the end.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Not sure. This appears to be a donation from a franchise owner rather than Wendy's itself.
A lot of businesses (at least the smart ones) donate to both parties so they don't appear to favor one over the other.
Still think this is much to do about nothing in the end.
Yeah alot of companies will donate to both parties to be safe but this guy seems to have voted for Trump only, especially right now, so fuck him!