JACKSON STATE WINS THE SWAC - TIGERS HEADED TO THE CELEBRATION BOWL

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
A lot of yall don't even know what it's like to be around this many happy black folks lol it was a good time in the city though. Plus we whooped Alabama State ass.

@killagram @cashwhisperer @THE DRIZZY (is that right?)
Whoever I left out, check in one time #theeilove

Dolph had them niggas on 10 in the locker room lol

Congrats to all my guys man. Remember when they was questioning whether or not Deion was a good move for JSU?

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
AYYYYYYYYEEEEEEE!!!!

SINGING GLORY HALLELUJAH (OHHHH!!) I'MMMMM SOOOO GLAD!!!

jsu-drummajors.gif

AcclaimedIckyChuckwalla-size_restricted.gif

ArtisticPastelHedgehog-max-1mb.gif

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
Congratulations man. This’s good for all HBCUs. After much consideration, I’m going to my HC next week, although my Morgan State Bears are really pretty sorry. But, I’m going to see the old friends, the band and the spirit givers. Btw, I’ve noticed in the last few years a few obvious hoes advertising the goods. It makes sense with dudes returning to the campus where they probably got their first pussai 30-40 years ago.

Last edited:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Idk about the whole state (mostly crackas outside the tri-county) but the whole city been up like a muhfucka

How many HBCUs y’all have in the Sip? Is Jackson the biggest?

I believe we have 9 in NC and A&T is the biggest in the state. We had our largest enrollment this year.

Edit: 10 schools. I forget about Bennet College. It would be 11 if Barbra Scotia wasn’t defunct.

Last edited:

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
word! I bet those were good times. I’m not sure what JCSU is up too now. A lot of NCs smaller HBCUs are barely hanging on. :smh:

It was a good time for sure... There was a stroll between the campus and the downtown hotels.....Maybe two blocks but it must have been 100 working ladies, shit was a gauntlet for sure. :lol:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It was a good time for sure... There was a stroll between the campus and the downtown hotels.....Maybe two blocks but it must have been 100 working ladies, shit was a gauntlet for sure. :lol:

Man, the last time I went to JCSU it was fenced off with barb wire. That area of Charlotte took a terrible turn, but considering what you just mentioned, it doesn’t seem too far from it. Probably more lil knucklehead dealers and bangers now.

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nice!

I was just talking to @Quek9 that NC A&T was the best HBCU in the south, but we ain’t packing 53k though. And we’ve been winning over the last few years.

They have canceled many event for our homecoming this year due to Covid.

aggies.jpg

If A&T Stadium could hold 53k, it would be 53k for GHOE. I know quite a few that won't be going this year since they're requiring proof of vaccination or PCR test 72 hours before.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
How many HBCUs y’all have in the Sip? Is Jackson the biggest?

I believe we have 9 in NC and A&T is the biggest in the state. We had our largest enrollment this year.

Edit: 10 schools. I forget about Bennet College. It would be 11 if Barbra Scotia wasn’t defunct.
we got 4 I think

J state
Tougaloo
Valley
Alcorn
What was the turnout before this year ?

Are the alumni always strong ?
they weren't really winning for a while so we might have had 20-25k or so. Always lots of tailgating though.

The alumni presence is strong for sure. But there's obviously not as many rich alumni as from say an ole miss or msu.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If A&T Stadium could hold 53k, it would be 53k for GHOE. I know quite a few that won't be going this year since they're requiring proof of vaccination or PCR test 72 hours before.

You’re right. We don’t have a stadium in Greensboro that could hold 53k. Damn, I never really though about that until now. :lol:

All prices for GHOE is up. I don’t know if they are doing a concert this year.

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
Man, the last time I went to JCSU it was fenced off with barb wire. That area of Charlotte took a terrible turn, but considering what you just mentioned, it doesn’t seem too far from it. Probably more lil knucklehead dealers and bangers now.
Attending JCSU was my first time living in Charlotte. Mind you I was born and raised most of my life right outside of Fayetteville up to that point. I got an education on Beatties Ford Rd. but it sure as hell wasn't the one I stood in line for 3 consecutive days getting financial aid for. :lol:

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You’re right. We don’t have a stadium in Greensboro that could hold 53k. Damn, I never really though about that until now. :lol:

All prices for GHOE is up. I don’t know if they are doing a concert this year.

You right about the price going up for GHOE. Cheapest ticket is $40 I believe.

I know the Alumni association is hosting the old school concert with Stephanie Mills on that Friday night. Have no clue for Saturday night. Is Diamond Life still running all the shows down there or do they still exist?

Last edited:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You right about the price going up for GHOE. Cheapest ticket is $40 I believe.

I know try Alumni association is hosting the old school concert with Stephanie Mills on that Friday night. Have no clue for Saturday night. Is Diamond Life still running all the shows down there or do they still exist?

Honestly, I have no idea. I have participated in GHOE events in a long while. I’ve had my run over the years. Lol.

As you know, GHOE isn’t a one day thing.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hope so. SU stays with the loyal fans. We travel everywhere.
I can attest to that as a former resident of Jackson, MS and a former season ticket holder of Jackson State whenever JSU would play SU, Southern would takeover Veterans Stadium.