WARNING: KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF HER!

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
Kids that take up a sport such as boxing, often excel in academics. The discipline aspect helps with learning and studying. It's not uncommon to excel in both a sport and academics. This is excellent fatherhood on display.

What's the issue?

Who said there was an issue?
Like I said, I'd be more impressed if she had all straight A's and he posted videos about that
I respectfully disagree with your latter statement as well. That's NOT the often

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All I said was I WOULD BE MORE IMRESSED IF SHE WAS DOING THAT TO BOOKS.
Maybe some and it must including you are impressed by this. I'm not and that sounds and ghetto but I'm not judging.

I spent hours and hours teaching my Son to read, math equations & play chess to spur critical thinking.
This dude is preparing HER to give & take punches to the head (clearly over THOUSANDS of hours)
To me there's something wrong with that. If that sounds "white" to you you're a complete dumbazz but again, I'm not judging. carry on

Lastly, Kids are sponges. 90% of ANY kid can learn to do this if you put the time in.
But WHY are you teaching this? What's the end game?
To say "this little girl is a BEAST"? (a little girl should NOT be called that)
This looks more like it's his passion, his masculinity and his hobby.
Teach her more useful tools for the life in front of her instead of how to give fat lips
#My2Cent

I respect your opinion. My reply was simply pointing to the nature of your response to deviate from the intent of the posting. Maybe she IS a straight "A" student. Maybe she learned to play chess at 5. I challenge your response at the following points you made.

This dude is preparing HER to give & take punches to the head (clearly over THOUSANDS of hours)

If you've ever boxed, you'd know that you're never really taught to "take" a punch. You're taught to avoid them, and minimize the damage, if you're unable to avoid. It teaches the value and respect of personal space and the detriment of wasted movement. At such an early age, this young lady has learned that "ALL" movement and positioning has benefits and consequences (same as chess, and been playing since I was 5). Her chances of being victimized when she is older is highly decreased by this sense of awareness.

If that sounds "white" to you you're (,) a complete (dumb ass)

No. That is what white people have done for hundreds of years to our people, and it's infected the way we view our own (if you're black, that is).
When white people see us, they start from the feet and opt to see our brains later (if they make it that far). You're statement is doing the exact same thing. It may not be your actual intent, but the lack of elaboration steers the reader in that direction. She's a phenomenal athlete at 8 years old, but to impress YOU, she needs to be a straight A student. Why even respond negatively to an 8 year old kid, who's articulation surpasses 40% of the adults?

You're opinion is yours, although misplaced in MY opinion. His parenting style is different than mine. To be honest, my style is closer to what you stated that yours was, but I can fully respect the time, effort and energy that he devoted to his daughter. We have no idea what her education level is, nor do we have the right to demand it. She may be an honor roll kid, but THIS is what she apparently loves to do, so we as a community should embrace it. Not judge it.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Crabs%20in%20a%20barrel.gif

Way to much hate on a father being a father and giving his child the tools to defend herself and discipline. :smh: :smh:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
The nerve of him being in her life and teaching her a skill.

there are so many other things he could have taught her besides how to be masculine girl.

her skillset is impressive. but this was not a great decision.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
there are so many other things he could have taught her besides how to be masculine girl.

her skillset is impressive. but this was not a great decision.
How do you know that he hasn't taught her other things? Is he supposed to post every single teaching online? Or just the ones that will try to keep us from making assumptions. Guess we gotta check with the "black community" before we celebrate our children to make sure everyone is ok with it.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
How do you know that he hasn't taught her other things? Is he supposed to post every single teaching online? Or just the ones that will try to keep us from making assumptions. Guess we gotta check with the "black community" before we celebrate our children to make sure everyone is ok with it.

i am not saying that he did not teach her other things.

what i am saying is i don't agree with teaching a girl to be that masculine.

what he is proving is that he really wanted a son and decided that since he didn't get one he would train his daughter to be a fighter. not a good look imo.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
i am not saying that he did not teach her other things.

what i am saying is i don't agree with teaching a girl to be that masculine.

what he is proving is that he really wanted a son and decided that since he didn't get one he would train his daughter to be a fighter. not a good look imo.
That's assuming a lot. She seems to be enjoying it. Has it been confirmed that she's his only child and he doesn't have a son?

KoolJay

Vidi Veni Vici
BGOL Investor
It's no different than someone out there with their son on a football field at 3/4 or on a bball court. Hell, I'm sure she is a good student, why wouldn't she be? Hell, my niece began cheering and doing gymnastics at 3, and those competitions/practices are WAYYYYYYYYY worse than what you think. My son plays D1 Basketball and I had him out there doing drills at 7. He went to a school name St. Stephens St. Agnes (one of the best schools in the DMV and state of Va) since the 5th grade (off his academics) and later transferred when he want to high school to a WCAC school. I would have kept in SSSAS but I didn't get any financial aid, and we were paying $36k per year a few years ago for the middle school. Him playing bball allowed him to attend a GREAT Catholic school and compete with talent across the nation for pennies on the dollar, now we don't have to pay for shyt, hell the school even gives him money. I say all that to say, do your thang baby gurl. Although, I don't know of any schools that give boxing scholarships, but anyway... Knock they azz out Sweetie......

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
I respect your opinion. My reply was simply pointing to the nature of your response to deviate from the intent of the posting. Maybe she IS a straight "A" student. Maybe she learned to play chess at 5. I challenge your response at the following points you made.

Maybe she is, I can't tell.
A Father should put THAT on front street MORE than her throwing punches. period

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Who said there was an issue?
Like I said, I'd be more impressed if she had all straight A's and he posted videos about that
I respectfully disagree with your latter statement as well. That's NOT the often

So, are you implying it's a rarity for a child to excel at both academics and boxing, especially with the loving parent(s) heavily involved in the child's development?

Way to much hate on a father being a father and giving his child the tools to defend herself and discipline. :smh: :smh:

yea, some of the replies in here are quite crabby.

Niggas worried about her childhood but in other threads bragging about fucking bitches with their children in the same room

:roflmao: :lol: :roflmao: :lol:

You CAN NOT make this shit up

Last edited: