Vintage Houston Rockets Akeem Olajuwon Over Patrick Ewing (GIF)

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

As a Knicks fan #7, he pressed down Anthony Mason on that put back and #2 was a travel. Yeah, I'm hating he use to beat my Knicks up. But Ewing and Olajuwon had some good battles.

Look at the bodies in the paint playing defense. This is why it hurts me to watch the NBA now all of these wide open lay ups and dunks. Not sure the last time I saw someone take a charge.

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
As a Knicks fan #7, he pressed down Anthony Mason on that put back and #2 was a travel. Yeah, I'm hating he use to beat my Knicks up. But Ewing and Olajuwon had some good battles.

Look at the bodies in the paint playing defense. This is why it hurts me to watch the NBA now all of these wide open lay ups and dunks. Not sure the last time I saw someone take a charge.
Come to think of it, i hadn't either :eek2: :smh:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Yes, he was a bbbbbad man........, just think he learned basketball so late yet he acquired all of the moves and then some. His footwork is still unmatched for a big man, Embiid is trying, though.
Yeah his footwork for a big man was unmatched. Embiid is pretty good with his as well. He studies Hakeem and you can tell.

hIgUSd.jpg

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That video just shows how quick and explosive he was. Besides Shawn Kemp I always thought he was the quickest PF or C in the league.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
but hes never mentioned in anybody`s top 10 ...shit top 15...jus sayin...

:puzzled:

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Dream was cold... And had a killer instinct too...

Dude would walk into the floor at the beginning of games after Coach Rudy T had laid out their first few plays and tell everyone "fuck what coach said I want the ball the first 10 possessions"

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
but hes never mentioned in anybody`s top 10 ...shit top 15...jus sayin...

:puzzled:

Very true, top 10 Center, yes but his teams were stacked though. Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, Otis Thorpe, Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, Clyde Drexler, maybe the league just had better talent then. Now when people say Rockets they think Harden, and he goes cold in the playoffs.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
fucking starks

Starks was jacking up all of those 3s and missing. Then Hubert Davis came in and made 2 straight. Riley should of made that change earlier. Damn that series was 25 years ago and i remember that shit. Just like Charles Smith missing those tip backs instead of dunking it vs the Bulls. You are 6 foot 10 for a reason.

Dunk it, dunk it, go up stronger, shit.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Another Knicks let down. I was in Guam when this happened. And the game was at about 8am in the morning. I was irritated at work all day, had a co worker from Indiana who wouldnt let me forget.

Damn I'm making this thread depressing.

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Akeem fucking with the Admiral was epic. Robinson was looking for that ball for days. you would think the ball was so small he couldn't find it.

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Very true, top 10 Center, yes but his teams were stacked though. Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, Otis Thorpe, Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, Clyde Drexler, maybe the league just had better talent then. Now when people say Rockets they think Harden, and he goes cold in the playoffs.

“Stacked”?

Yeah they were “Stacked” with Akeem. Without Akeem, they were just some niggas playing basketball :roflmao: