USS Doris Miller (CVN-81) Is the U.S. Navy's Next $13 Billion Aircraft Carrier

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

US Defense News

379K subscribers

SUBSCRIBED

The U.S. Navy announced the next carrier in the Ford-class of supercarriers will be USS Doris Miller. The U.S. Navy will name an aircraft carrier after Cook First Class Doris Miller. Miller received the Navy Cross for his actions during the attack on Pearl Harbor, helping move wounded soldiers to safety and manning a machine gun to repel Japanese planes. The future USS Doris Miller will be the fourth carrier in the USS Ford-class of carriers and will enter service in the early 2030s. The U.S. Navy made the announcement on Martin Luther King Day at a ceremony at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii. The reasons for the naming are twofold: to honor the U.S. Navy’s enlisted sailors and their heroes and to honor the contributions of African American sailors. The USS Miller will be the first aircraft carrier in the history of the U.S. Navy to be named for either. Source: Popular Mechanic Photo by U.S. Navy Video by U.S. Navy, Petty Officer 1st Class Devin Langer, Scott Howe, Petty Officer 3rd Class Randy L Adams, Airman 1st Class Kevin Long.

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
This Navy vet is in tears!!!:crymeariver::bravo: It's about damn time, this brotha went all out for a country that gave not one single fuck about him, and then gave him a "second highest honor" :smh: he went on to give his life in battle, the ultimate sacrifice and my bitch ass country is so shamed by the truth they had to do the right thing 79 years later!

I love my country it is my home but America is full of shit and racist as fuck!!!!!