US eliminates coveted 5-year tourist visa for Cubans

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Visited Havana back in May 2014. Stayed for a week at the Iberostar Parque Central. Liked that patio deck near the pool. Good view of the city & for photos/video. Or a late-evening meal or snack.

85221091.jpg

rooftop-bar-overlooking.jpg

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just buy a ticket.

I flew straight flight from ATL to Havana on Delta. It was cheap too.

Like @fourthstbully said, you have to complete a declaration form, it has about 20 different options for reason for your visit, I chose the 4th from the top. I dont remember what it was, I'll look it up.

There is a rich culture, and practically NO CRIME, which surprised me. Street art is everywhere, they eat a lot of pork (which I don't eat), beach is close, monuments everywhere, the city of Havana is over 500 years old, there are full day excursions you can go on (Fiñales is one).

Malecon was cool, I walked a lot, too. On the weekend there are street vendors & artists on Paseo De Marti, it's like a boardwalk.

Take enough cash!!!
And don't exchange money at the airport, its too expensive. They charge an extra 10% to exchange the USD over any other currency. My buddy E.J. was smart and exchanged his U.S. dollars for Canadian dollars before flying, then exchanged the Canadian dollars to the CUCs.

NO CARDS WORK!!!
Don't expect to use any form of plastic debit/credit card associated with any U.S. bank or an allied country of the U.S. No cards work over there, not even online.

No cell coverage either. Everyone uses state sponsored wifi in designated spots, you have to buy a wifi card with 2 codes to type in, similar to a calling card. And the shit is sllooowww.

Make reservations for tours, excursions, etc. before leaving states and just be on time. Plan to not be connected for your trip, just relax and hang out.

I took some pics and videos while there. What's a good host to upload to?
Real game here. Don’t sleep. Get down there and be all fucked up. And don’t rock white sneakers or the doo doo will Destroy them. I drunk and full daily and spent mabne $30 US per day. Food was fresh, didn’t have that chemical taste or that hormones up meat flavor. I was eating and didn’t drinking my ass off.

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
The purge
I'm waiting on some backhand shit to say former slaves are not citizens.